Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
It's amazing that they found a way for Corbin to beat 5 people in a 4 Round / 16 person Tournament. Like the whole thought processes behind the tournament started with "how can we push Baron Corbin?" and then somebody decided that he should beat 5 people to win it.

Amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
Where is this wrestling segment generator I want to use it.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
I'm very happy with the incredibly telegraphed conclusion of the King of the Ring tournament.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

Jerusalem posted:

Like him beating Kurt Angle at Wrestlemania, this will really pay off in the long run!
Gotta give good heels important victories sometimes.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Hedgehog Pie posted:

Where is this wrestling segment generator I want to use it.

https://talktotransformer.com/

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
gently caress Baron Corbin goddamn! ARGHLKHJS:KLJS;klv I'm SO. loving. TIRED. OF. BARON. loving. CORBIN.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
counterpoint: he's cool

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
AoP!

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

SalTheBard posted:

gently caress Baron Corbin goddamn! ARGHLKHJS:KLJS;klv I'm SO. loving. TIRED. OF. BARON. loving. CORBIN.

Then stop watching him lol

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
What the gently caress is this Mike/Maria Kanellis storyline? It's incredibly dumb but so loving entertaining to watch unfold.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

MJeff posted:

I just fast forward through his stuff.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
Dark Bayley (C) wore a black jacket but still has the inflatable flailing arm men in her entrance. She defeated Charlotte Flair to retain her Smackdown Women's Championship after exposing the bottom turnbuckle and knocking Charlotte into it, then getting the quick pin and escaping.

The Bella Twins defeated WWE Tag Team Champions The Shield to retain their titles and retain the Smackdown Tag Team Titles, defeating Becky Lynch and Carmella in the process before Charlotte, Natalya and Sasha Banks all pinned The Miz to retain the titles.

WWE Champion Dean Ambrose defeated Roman Reigns in a non-title match to retain his U.S. Title. The match began with a big ovation as The Shield and Cena battled before Raw began. Ambrose started off the match by hitting a Powerbomb on Reigns but The Shield were quicker and they took advantage of the distraction and went after Ambrose's back, hitting his own Powerbomb.

The Shield used the distraction to attack Reigns as the referee counted to one. Cena came out of the crowd to defend himself.

Molestationary Store
May 21, 2007

SalTheBard posted:

Vince wants to F the dude so they're not gonna stop trying to push him. :shrug: He's...ok in ring but definitely shouldn't have gotten the main event push when he did.

tweet my meat posted:

What the gently caress is this Mike/Maria Kanellis storyline? It's incredibly dumb but so loving entertaining to watch unfold.

lol cuck lol

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

MJeff posted:

Way ahead of you

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Rusev looks incredibly handsome with the mustache

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

hearing corey graves yell "BETA MALE CUCK" is absolutely enough to turn me off of wwe programming, i dont care that he's a heel and im not remotely offended im just fuckin exhausted with him and there's plenty of good wrestling out there where i guaranteed 100% wont hear corey graves yell BETA MALE CUCK

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

tweet my meat posted:

someone posted last week something like "whatever happened to that mike/maria storyline?" and honestly it's that person's fault. they spoke it true.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
I need a time machine to 6 months ago so I can murder the guy who explained the rights obsession with 'cucks' to Vince

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
If they can let Mike really work his stuff on the mic they can make something decent out of it.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
Mike Kanellis was still in the ring, miserable after his loss, and Maria showed up on the ramp looking pissed. She got a mic and lambasted Mike for failing to defend her honor, saying she'd lied about Ricochet being the real father in the hopes it would fire Mike up. Instead she declared the real father was... Rusev! She and her mother proceeded to beat up the babyface wrestler. Maria went on to say that as a woman, Rusev didn't deserve their protection. After all that, she ended the show with a chant: "Mike Kanellis goes home! The house lights up! Maria's mother and Maria take Mike home!"

A couple hours later, Maria was back in the ring. She wasn't pleased with the whole situation, but she didn't seem to want to go home either. "I never felt safer than when I looked to the sky."

Maria then went on to talk about her loss to Rusev. "I don't think a match made me happy." she said before heading out of the ring. "That's why I love that guy."

After that Maria went home with Ruse

On one hand, everybody posting randomly generated segments seems like it will get old if we overdo it. On the other hand, I couldn't not post this. It's too good. I want to hear that chant.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

SalTheBard posted:

I just fast forward through his stuff.

That'll show em.

It's kinda crazy the last time a King of the Ring winner had any kind of dignity brought anything to the title was Regal in '08 and then before this it was to change Wade Barrett's gimmick because Bad News Barrett was getting over. On the one hand it sucks Gable has to look like he couldn't win the big one but on the other imagine how much worse it would be if he'd won.

Molestationary Store
May 21, 2007

shiksa posted:

hearing corey graves yell "BETA MALE CUCK" is absolutely enough to turn me off of wwe programming, i dont care that he's a heel and im not remotely offended im just fuckin exhausted with him and there's plenty of good wrestling out there where i guaranteed 100% wont hear corey graves yell BETA MALE CUCK

I hear some other company has TV starting up pretty soon, and there's plenty of indie fun out there already.

CreedThoughts
Sep 24, 2007
Thanks, I've never owned a refrigerator

TheKingslayer posted:

That'll show em.

It's kinda crazy the last time a King of the Ring winner had any kind of dignity brought anything to the title was Regal in '08 and then before this it was to change Wade Barrett's gimmick because Bad News Barrett was getting over. On the one hand it sucks Gable has to look like he couldn't win the big one but on the other imagine how much worse it would be if he'd won.

Poor Barrett, Corbin is just a poor man's Wade Barrett. Tall heel with oddly popular finisher.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

DeepDickPizza posted:

On one hand, everybody posting randomly generated segments seems like it will get old if we overdo it. On the other hand, I couldn't not post this. It's too good. I want to hear that chant.

I'm thinking I'm gonna make a thread for it. I got some good ones. Right now just trying to get a couple more winners and then I'm gonna really do it up right and draw some pictures. If anyone gets a really good one in the next week or so but doesn't want to clutter the thread send it to me and if I can think of a funny way to do it I'll draw it for you!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

That sounds like a really neat thread idea, looking forward to it :)

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

What the actual gently caress

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Rarity posted:

corey graves is an utter turd of a human

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

hell maybe corey graves will turn out to be the father

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

imagine defending wwe, lmfao

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Gable doing the Chaos Theory on a huge guy is always cool. I think other things happened on raw too but who could say for sure

bloodysabbath
May 1, 2004

OH NO!
On the one hand I don’t expect participants in the big dumb carny business to have accumulated a wealth of woke points, because I’m not insane, but lol at the company that has defended its garbage product under the guise of “lol sorry PG makes money” literally saying “beta cuck” on TV.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Between the dead crowds, the millions of cuts and the horrid announce team the WWE is a legit hostile watching experience and they dare you to keep watching.
Take Marvez for example the guy was so bad that AEW went out their way to sign Schiavonne from MLW just to fix that.
Now i think that the WWE just doesn't have the talent to do the kind of TV they think that their good at it

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014
Mike Kanellis is actually a stand-in for the modern WWE fan, who keeps watching the show despite their favorite wrestlers constantly getting "cucked" by management-backed wrestlers.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

bloodysabbath posted:

On the one hand I don’t expect participants in the big dumb carny business to have accumulated a wealth of woke points, because I’m not insane, but lol at the company that has defended its garbage product under the guise of “lol sorry PG makes money” literally saying “beta cuck” on TV.

Yeah, "beta cuck" isn't really like a lot of slurs and stuff where there was a time you used to be able to get away with it but now you can't. If you're talking about beta cucks you're either terminally online alt-right or spent time reading mra/pickup artist poo poo. It's just not something that was ever in the common vernacular but was popular slang with some very lovely people.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Corey Graves is worse than Alex Marvez. Id drink a beer with Big A but i would legit get into a fisfight with Graves.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

Rarity posted:

Dunno what's worse, Graves' commentary or the camerawork.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

Very sophisticated product

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
by the time AEW rolls around, WWE TV will be indistinguishable from a r/the_donald post

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

The Hardys' contracts were set to expire next March (was originally This March, but WWE had an option to extend a year)

Matt's still up next March. Per Fightful, Jeff's has been extended "at least" another year due to injuries, earliest he'll be free is March 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Every time WWE hears this I wonder how the gently caress is this legal and then I remember that America is a scorched capitalist hellscape and the rest of us aren't that far behind