Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

BGrifter posted:

I could certainly be wrong. Mew is mythical for sure, but Mewtwo might be legendary.

If so, problem from Deoxys week solved! :woop:

Go get one and see.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

Dragonstoned posted:

FYI for people trying to hatch shiny regionals, there are reports coming in that they've decreased the shiny rate from 1/50 to about 1/150 over the weekend.

So maybe it's time to just stop giving money to Niantic and instead start telling them to gently caress off

Yeah this is super dumb and now I can't find the Silph Road thread about it so did they nuke it?

Dragonstoned
Jan 15, 2006

MR. DOG WITH BEES IN HIS MOUTH AND WHEN HE BARKS HE SHOOTS BEES AT YOU
by Roger Hargreaves

HookShot posted:

Yeah this is super dumb and now I can't find the Silph Road thread about it so did they nuke it?

Apparently there are reports that Niantic are back-peddling with the old "it was an accident" bullshit and it's back to 1/50 now? no way to know for sure yet but I'm still sticking by this...

Dragonstoned posted:

maybe it's time to just stop giving money to Niantic and instead start telling them to gently caress off

Old Swerdlow
Jul 24, 2008
Mewtwo is classified as a legendary in PoGo. He pops up for me when I search “legendary.”

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
First of the new Pokes I caught is a puppy

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

These new mon are pretty cute. Got a 3* angry gopher, and even if they're the new trash at least they're new to me lol

Zombie Dachshund
Feb 26, 2016

Puppy pokemon will probably get boring soon, but for now I love him.

Anyway, I caught a shiny Mewtwo! So, a good day for me.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Nice. Turned on the game and just caught one of each: Pidove, Purrloin, Lillipup, and Patrat. Also saw one of the monkeys on the radar (looked like the fire one), but it was way out of the way and minutes later it was gone. Guess the monkeys are gonna be a pain in the rear end to spawn.

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

3 years in, and I still have not seen a loving Ditto.
Now I'm hearing that this new release will gently caress that up for me even more.

jonnyman
Sep 6, 2013

So I'm having a tough time deciding since I love Shadow Pokemon and want to keep the best IV's I find since good ones are so rare. So in your opinion should I purify these dudes? The Poliwag will become a Pilotoad if purified.

Also found out something interesting yesterday. Shadow pokemon can't learn Community day moves if given an extra charge attack before hand :(

jonnyman fucked around with this message at 00:58 on Sep 17, 2019

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

DorkusMalorkus posted:

Personally I love Patrat he is like an evil crazed prairie dog!
t

but I am not familiar with this gen AT ALL so every new one will be totally new to me. I'm trying to keep it that way so it's more fun

Can't wait for Shadow Postman Patrat.

Edward Mass posted:

You can get one free Raid Battle Pass per day by spinning a Gym, but only if you do not currently have a Raid Battle Pass, and also only if you haven't spun a gym that day yet.

I'm pretty sure the second part isn't true.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

jonnyman posted:

So I'm having a tough time deciding since I love Shadow Pokemon and want to keep the best IV's I find since good ones are so rare. So in your opinion should I purify these dudes? The Poliwag will become a Pilotoad if purified.

Also found out something interesting yesterday. Shadow pokemon can't learn Community day moves if given an extra charge attack before hand :(

Keep the evil froggy for sure. Then post pics.

Got this pretty ladydude just now, courtesy of being made to do raids by an adorable meteorite.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

~Coxy posted:

Can't wait for Shadow Postman Patrat.

I'm pretty sure the second part isn't true.

Really? I thought that was in place.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

drat that's a good shiny. More shinies need to be pink

OgreNoah
Nov 18, 2003

Look who I found today:

I'm very happy that I now don't have to go balls to the walls crazy finding one. So much less stressful when you get it immediately.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

:boom:

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Edward Mass posted:

Really? I thought that was in place.

You can get one raid pass per day, and you can hold onto one. So if you get one Tuesday and don’t use it, but blow it Wednesday, the next time on Wednesday you spin a gym you’ll get your Wednesday pass.

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are
A story in three parts:

Zombie Dachshund
Feb 26, 2016

jonnyman posted:

That tyranitar would be 15/15/13 after purifying, i.e. really good. I’d say, purify it, power it up, and send it forth to beat up mewtwos.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Goddamn you are so lucky. I am very jealous.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

Goddamn you are so lucky. I am very jealous.

Yeah, I'm pretty jazzed with my shiny scotty dog. There was someone on the first page talkin' poo poo about my glorious shiny pup, even if the context was different and his point was understandable, and he can get hosed. I caught a pokedog while walkin' my pokedog, and I also got a really good Mewtwo, and the weather was beautiful.

A good night.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

the park near me changed to a wailmer nest after gen 5 came and it's so hard to see anything there now

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

oddium posted:

the park near me changed to a wailmer nest after gen 5 came and it's so hard to see anything there now

Get yourself a pink submarine.

Willsun
Dec 9, 2006

I willed too hard again...
Number of legendary Pokemon a type will be super effective against in gen 5:

Not counting forms:

Fairy (6) - Terrakion, Virizion, Keldeo, Kyurem, Zekrom, Darkrai
Ice (5) - Virizion, Tornadus, Thundurus, Landorus, Zekrom
Fighting (4) - Cobalion, Terrakion, Kyurem, Darkrai
Ground (4) - Cobalion, Terrakion, Reshiram, Zekrom
Rock (4) - Tornadus, Thundurus, Reshiram, Kyurem
Psychic (3) - Terrakion, Virizion, Keldeo
Dragon (3) - Reshiram, Kyurem, Zekrom
Fire (2) - Cobalion, Virizion
Steel (2) - Terrakion, Kyurem
Water (2) - Terrakion, Landorus
Grass (2) - Terrakion, Keldeo
Electric (2) - Keldeo, Tornadus
Flying (2) - Virizion, Keldeo
Poison (1) - Virizion
Bug (1) - Darkrai

Counting every form as a separate boss:

Fairy (9) - Terrakion, Virizion, Keldeo (x2), Kyurem (x3), Zekrom, Darkrai
Ice (8) - Virizion, Tornadus (x2), Thundurus (x2), Landorus (x2), Zekrom
Rock (8) - Tornadus (x2), Thundurus (x2), Reshiram, Kyurem (x3)
Fighting (6) - Cobalion, Terrakion, Kyurem (x3), Darkrai
Dragon (5) - Reshiram, Kyurem (x3), Zekrom
Ground (4) - Cobalion, Terrakion, Reshiram, Zekrom
Psychic (4) - Terrakion, Virizion, Keldeo (x2)
Steel (4) - Terrakion, Kyurem (x3)
Electric (4) - Keldeo (x2), Tornadus (x2)
Water (3) - Terrakion, Landorus (x2)
Grass (3) - Terrakion, Keldeo (x2)
Flying (3) - Virizion, Keldeo (x2)
Fire (2) - Cobalion, Virizion
Poison (1) - Virizion
Bug (1) - Darkrai

I know Darkrai is a mythical but I'm throwing it in there because Cresselia is a mythical too and that fool has been a raid boss twice already, and Darkrai is part of the "Lunar duo" with Cresselia.

Terrakion is hilarious weak to everything, and looks like fairy is the winner even though there doesn't seem to be any Pokemon from gen 5 that can top Gardevoir or Togekiss yet. Everything so far that has been datamined from gen 5 and has Charm as a fast attack doesn't have Play Rough or any fairy type charge move to go with it. Anyway, hope people find this useful on what they want to invest in to build for Unova bosses.

I also can't wait for people's autocorrect to write "Virizon" to add to the pantheon of Groupon and Suicide.

Willsun fucked around with this message at 03:40 on Sep 17, 2019

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
Dude in my Discord group got a shiny Mewtwo his first raid. He did the same with Latias. And a few others, though not Rayray. He credits this streak byt the fact I gave him a shiny Magikarp, since that was one he never ever got, and after that, boomshitter, all kinds of shinies. Another dude agreed because I traded him a shiny Geodude for a shiny Murkrow. And after that, as long as he kept the shiny dude as his buddy the RNG gods smiled and gave him a poo poo ton more shinies.

Damnit now I need someone to trade me a shiny for shits to get this luck!

That said, Purrloin is loving awesome and I love what it evolves into. Skitty is the same cuteness, Delcatty is not.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

Dirt Road Junglist posted:

A story in three parts:

It's catch an Aerodactyl, not hatch an Aerodactyl.

Find a win 5 raids quest and you'll get it.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

HookShot posted:

And a side note that also never fails to amuse: It’s catch an aerodactyl, not catch a shiny aerodactyl

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
Wait, does catching a shiny really not count for those types of quests?

Big McHuge
Feb 5, 2014

You wait for the war to happen like vultures.
If you want to help, prevent the war.
Don't save the remnants.

Save them all.
Shiny Liepard when Niantic?

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Consummate Professional posted:

Wait, does catching a shiny really not count for those types of quests?

I think it got debunked

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are

HookShot posted:

There are multiple guide websites that say hatching works. Can't trust the loving internet, tho, can we.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
Holy poo poo does the Ultra Box suck.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Dr Tran posted:

Holy poo poo does the Ultra Box suck.

Has a 'value' of 2200 coin compared to 2900 on the incubator box. Guess if you wanna pain train Mewtwo it's ok.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

I just got an aerodactyl from "win 5 raids" research.

I've got to do that again and hope that it spawns another?

Fudge.

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

DJ Fuckboy Supreme posted:

I just got an aerodactyl from "win 5 raids" research.

I've got to do that again and hope that it spawns another?

Fudge.

Well, the good news is that currently, “win 5 raids” will always yield an Aerodactyl. The bad news is that some research tasks are harder to find than others, and that one seems to be hard to find. Just keep spinning I guess!

https://thesilphroad.com/research-tasks is the Silph Road list of tasks, and they keep it updated whenever the tasks change. It’s a good website to have bookmarked.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

flatluigi posted:

I think it got debunked

I haven't been "lucky" enough to experience it myself but I've seen more than one person post incredulously about it in both this (well, the old) thread and my local discord.

Now, I'll grant that it's possible that in all those situations it was a hatched shiny egg instead of a quest-caught shiny and they just misunderstood the source of the issue, but good luck actually finding a sane way to test that

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

BGrifter posted:

lol I just realized with Mewtwo in raids I still can’t complete the “Catch a legendary from a raid or research reward” quest. Mewtwo is also mythical.

Welp. Niantic aren’t very good at this whole making games thing.

Mewtwo is legendary, I have traded some.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

The radar is filled with weird gen z Pokemons I'm scared and confused

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

NTRabbit posted:

Welcome to my life ever since gen 2. The only pokemon I recognize are pikachu, sunglasses squirtle, ekans and koffing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

NTRabbit posted:

Gen 5 had some cool Pokes. Excadrill, Ferrothorn, Conkeldurr, Whimsicott, Amoongus and Chandelure all own. The trio of Tornadus/Thundurus/Landorus were very cool legendaries. Seismitoad, Zoroark and Garbodor were huge players in the TCG for a long time. Cofagrigus was notable for being the first Pokémon you couldn’t name after itself and trade due to “fag” being in its name.

Gen 5 was a pretty cool generation. Easily better than Gen 6 and 7.