Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kantesu
Apr 21, 2010

Cowslips Warren posted:

So what is the best counter for Umbreon now since most fighting types get wiped in GBL?

Stunfisk, both kinds, should drop to mudbois easily, right?

Azumarill, probably. Wigg or Clef probably do it faster cuz Charm, but Azu probably performs best against the field. Also you're kind of underselling fighters.

And yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Kantesu posted:

Azumarill, probably. Wigg or Clef probably do it faster cuz Charm, but Azu probably performs best against the field. Also you're kind of underselling fighters.

And yes.

Nah I think he's pretty much on here, fighters can get crushed easy with this meta, it's the counter users that push out the bigger threats, not the typing. Umbreon's become a real thorn in GBL since the only common counter is play rough Azumarill, but many times an opponent will wipe it out with another team member before it gets to put in some work. It's sort of morphed into this closer pokemon instead of the lead damage sponge it usually rolls as which throws a lot of teams sideways. Charmers are still present but are usually too frail to tank hits, many times you can wear them down with neutral matchups.

On another note, shadow magneton is flippin' impossible to play with, the drat thing goes down to the gentlest of breezes.

White Light fucked around with this message at 06:20 on Aug 1, 2020

LumpyGumby
Feb 22, 2012

"Here's the world famous hockey player sitting in the penalty box for slashing..."
-Snoopy Brown
42g - 65a - 107pts
106gp - 317PIMS
Does anyone else get a lot of double/triple non community day shinies? I just got my fourth yellow swablu. That goes along with 3 rattatas, 3 makuhitas, 3 shelders, 5 Pichu/Pikachu/Raichus, 2 Cubones, 2 Tauroses, 2 Natus, 2 Skarmories, & 3 Budew.

First world PoGo problems, I know, but I just want a shiny Seel or Magnemite.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Ain’t got poo poo, and accidentally hit my research reward to early cause games been super laggy/buggy lately.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Remember when they were gonna release aeroblast lugia?

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer
Yeah the only shiny I got was this one

:q:

GPTribefan
Jul 2, 2007
Something witty yet inspirational about the Cleveland Indians

LumpyGumby posted:

Does anyone else get a lot of double/triple non community day shinies? I just got my fourth yellow swablu. That goes along with 3 rattatas, 3 makuhitas, 3 shelders, 5 Pichu/Pikachu/Raichus, 2 Cubones, 2 Tauroses, 2 Natus, 2 Skarmories, & 3 Budew.

First world PoGo problems, I know, but I just want a shiny Seel or Magnemite.

Same here - it seems whenever I get a shiny, it’s Magikarp, Sneasel, Swablu, Natu, or Skarmory. I’ve probably clicked on 5000 purple rats and never saw a shiny.

Windmill Hut
Jul 21, 2008

Is it possible to know exactly what CP a Pokemon will be after I evolve it? I found some calculator but it estimated a range. My best stat Swablu is high cp already and I don't want to use 400 candies to accidentally put it over 1500 CP

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Trig Discipline posted:

Yeah the only shiny I got was this one

:q:

Oh poo poo, that’s really cool, but you thought you were the king because you could swagger into the thread with that, huh?

:agesilaus:

Edit:

:dudsmile:

rotinaj fucked around with this message at 13:51 on Aug 1, 2020

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Windmill Hut posted:

Is it possible to know exactly what CP a Pokemon will be after I evolve it? I found some calculator but it estimated a range. My best stat Swablu is high cp already and I don't want to use 400 candies to accidentally put it over 1500 CP

CalcyIV on Android has always been accurate for me.

Windmill Hut
Jul 21, 2008

Beachcomber posted:

CalcyIV on Android has always been accurate for me.

Perfect, thanks. One level up would push me over, perfect to evolve!

I must've caught 100 each of Dratini and Swablu today with no luck for shiniest. The Dratini all had terrible stats too.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

rotinaj posted:

Oh poo poo, that’s really cool, but you thought you were the king because you could swagger into the thread with that, huh?

:agesilaus:

Edit:

:dudsmile:

I have been suitably put in my place.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

a sexual elk posted:

Ain’t got poo poo, and accidentally hit my research reward to early cause games been super laggy/buggy lately.

RIP your scruffy boy.

Unsinkabear
Jun 8, 2013

Ensign, raise the beariscope.

Why are y'all talking about this like it was a one-day deal? Don't we get a week of these spawns?

Captain Duvel
Dec 14, 2009
There are hardly any dragon spawning. Getting poo poo that evolves into dragons and regular trash mons.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
I see Dratini often enough but yeah it's pure Niantic that a "dragon week" means Trapinch, Swablu, and Horsea. No Druddigon, no Axew, outside of two research encounters Deino is egg only at like 0.2% odds.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
I've seen a few gible on radar and bagon/Sheldon spawning but yeah it's a bit of a bummer.

I'm extra frustrated because not only is there not much in the way of dragons to get for my alt that needs raid fodder, but also just enough dragon spawns that I still can't find sigilpyh for the 3rd consecutive month

Coffee_Break
Apr 30, 2008
Want to thank all you wonderful Goons for being such great friends, consistent ones from way back and new ones from the recent fest! I'm glad you don't mind boring Michigan gifts (The historic outhouse is my personal favorite to send lol)

I know this is new, but I assume the etiquette for remote raid passes is to show your online status (meaning your game is up and you're paying attention to it), and you have remote passes in your inventory? I know time is very limited when inviting an you have to be ready to jump!

I'm on the 'win a raid' quest and drove the 7 miles to my nearest small town and within the hour there were only 3 raids, all 4 and 5 star that I cannot do alone. :( I keep hoping to get a remote invite out here in RuralWorld. :)

So, if you're friends with Shortkate1, do please invite if you see that green circle even if across the world!

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Am I good to get my research breakthrough or do those reset in the afternoon? It's about 11am here

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Coffee_Break posted:

Want to thank all you wonderful Goons for being such great friends, consistent ones from way back and new ones from the recent fest! I'm glad you don't mind boring Michigan gifts (The historic outhouse is my personal favorite to send lol)

I know this is new, but I assume the etiquette for remote raid passes is to show your online status (meaning your game is up and you're paying attention to it), and you have remote passes in your inventory? I know time is very limited when inviting an you have to be ready to jump!

I'm on the 'win a raid' quest and drove the 7 miles to my nearest small town and within the hour there were only 3 raids, all 4 and 5 star that I cannot do alone. :( I keep hoping to get a remote invite out here in RuralWorld. :)

So, if you're friends with Shortkate1, do please invite if you see that green circle even if across the world!

What's your friend code

Abundant Atrophy
Nov 3, 2012

Elephanthead posted:

9788 0006 8000

Friend me and invite me on raids which I will use the wrong attackers and cause much head shaking

I also send and open gifts regularly

Added as Noxiousprophet

I knew going in egg chances would be bad, but not that gifts would still give like 1 or 2 potions and dust.

Near to thirty 7km hatches and not even seen the deino

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer

Coffee_Break posted:

Send me your code, I see about 6 or 7 gyms from my house and am usually down to raid. :)

Coffee_Break
Apr 30, 2008

mastershakeman posted:

What's your friend code

Cowslips Warren posted:

Send me your code, I see about 6 or 7 gyms from my house and am usually down to raid. :)
I responded via PM as I was hesitant to post my code publicly as I truly maintain all my friends every day, thank you so much, friend code sent! :D
It's rough to be a rural player, you're all the best! :D

nexas
Sep 4, 2009

nope

4643 2710 2348

For anyone who wants gifts from a random fountain in Hawaii. I usually try to open gifts regularly.

Coffee_Break
Apr 30, 2008
WOOT!! Ice Ice baby, Rayquaza caught! Quest moved forward!
Edit: and dex entry filled. ;)
Thank you so much Cowslips Warren!!
You're the best Watership Down friend ever! :D

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer

Coffee_Break posted:

WOOT!! Ice Ice baby, Rayquaza caught! Quest moved forward!
Edit: and dex entry filled. ;)
Thank you so much Cowslips Warren!!
You're the best Watership Down friend ever! :D

Awesome! :) Will try to get you a few more! :D

Now don't ask about the snares.

Coffee_Break
Apr 30, 2008

Cowslips Warren posted:

Awesome! :) Will try to get you a few more! :D

Now don't ask about the snares.

Will bet you a Fiver on my Hazel eyes that we can avoid all the snares when defeating these Pokemon!
(thank you again, I'm thrilled to have my first Rayquaza!!)

LumpyGumby
Feb 22, 2012

"Here's the world famous hockey player sitting in the penalty box for slashing..."
-Snoopy Brown
42g - 65a - 107pts
106gp - 317PIMS
I just got my first rayray and I love it. Would love to add more if you see LuckyZombieHand online.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
Have been letting my 5 year old play this game a bit the last few days, to get her more motivated to come on walks as well as for some language/reading training.

I noticed she runs out of Pokeballs really fast. Is there anything i can do to remedy this? Is it a matter of GIT GUD and she will consume less of them as she gets better at aiming? (From my point of view she is already pretty decent at aiming, with an about 50% hit rate)
The pokemons also often escape, whats the deal with that? I've seen her have a pokemon escape like 5 times in a row then simply disappear, wasting 10 pokeballs and getting nothing in return.

How does she get more pokeballs? The only source we have found so far are those blue pins that you can click on and spin, but she only gets like 1-3 pokeballs from that.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Ineptitude posted:

Have been letting my 5 year old play this game a bit the last few days, to get her more motivated to come on walks as well as for some language/reading training.

I noticed she runs out of Pokeballs really fast. Is there anything i can do to remedy this? Is it a matter of GIT GUD and she will consume less of them as she gets better at aiming? (From my point of view she is already pretty decent at aiming, with an about 50% hit rate)
The pokemons also often escape, whats the deal with that? I've seen her have a pokemon escape like 5 times in a row then simply disappear, wasting 10 pokeballs and getting nothing in return.

How does she get more pokeballs? The only source we have found so far are those blue pins that you can click on and spin, but she only gets like 1-3 pokeballs from that.

Kids will burn through 100s. Go someplace with dense stops and spin spin spin. Also level up.

Got my scraggy boy from research. They are up.

Slightly Absurd
Mar 22, 2004

odds are, your kid probably isn't trying to throw curveballs either, which increase the odds of capture.

curves are a little weird at first, but they aren't too tough. basically grab the pokemon ball, draw a couple quick circles, then fling it at a diagonal.

but yeah, your best bet is probably to go downtown or someplace with a ton of pokestops

Auxiliary Treats
Jun 26, 2013
It relies on players to update but you can check https://www.pogomap.info to see if there’s a decent map of pokestops and gyms around you. As others have said downtown areas or big local parks are usually pretty good.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
So with all the stats out there, has anyone confirmedly gotten a loving Deino, let alone a shiny one?

My gifts don't always give eggs. Seems a huge oversight.

Abundant Atrophy
Nov 3, 2012

Cowslips Warren posted:

So with all the stats out there, has anyone confirmedly gotten a loving Deino, let alone a shiny one?

The gifts not giving the 5 pack of pokeballs is also hurting me

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.

Abundant Atrophy posted:

Egg events are always a scam never buy incubators.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Abundant Atrophy posted:

Cowslips Warren posted:

If you think that's fun, just wait until you get a gift that gives you nothing :shepface:

Gifts give three randomly rolled "packs" of items, any one of those can roll as stickers. If you're capped on stickers, you don't roll something else, you just get nothing instead of that pack. If you're sticker capped and real lucky, you can roll 3 sticker packs and opening the gift gives you nothing at all.

Unsinkabear
Jun 8, 2013

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

If you think that's fun, just wait until you get a gift that gives you nothing :shepface:

Gifts give three randomly rolled "packs" of items, any one of those can roll as stickers. If you're capped on stickers, you don't roll something else, you just get nothing instead of that pack. If you're sticker capped and real lucky, you can roll 3 sticker packs and opening the gift gives you nothing at all.

TIL to never let any type of sticker cap out, gently caress

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Cowslips Warren posted:

He is the third research reward. Not see na wild one just 1000s of trapinch.

Unsinkabear
Jun 8, 2013

Apparently friendship invites have a time decay? I had like 20 banked and now I'm at 2. I'm clearing out space for new people now, so if any of you sent one to Unsinkabear and I didn't accept, please send again to 9170 9295 6380 and PM me your username so I know who to label. I do gifts and send raid invites and I will always, always accept them.

I've missed every other Rayquaza raid period and I need sky worms :ohdear:

Edit: Also if any of you is StephenL88, you and that shiny Giratina-A can go right to hell :argh:

Unsinkabear fucked around with this message at 00:36 on Aug 2, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Abundant Atrophy posted:

Even Silph road has deino at 0%