Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Jono C posted:

Oh hi there. I suck at at raiding. I'm generally only useful for sending and receiving gifts.

He's really good at that, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Froist
Jun 6, 2004

Parrotine posted:

I broke down and heavily invested in my Shadow Zapdos, good god does this thing hit like a loving truck, even on things that resist it! Paired it with my galarian stunfisk and medicham and we've been keeping the Lavender town morticians busy all season.

Everybody underestimates how hard drill peck hits, thunderbolt's the tactical nuke option when I want something dead.

Did you use your Elite Fast TM to get Thunder Shock or running with the standard Charge Beam? The IVs on mine limit it to 1467cp and I don't have an Elite Fast TM, not sure if it's worth trying out..

Entropist
Dec 1, 2007
I'm very stupid.

Willsun posted:

I want to set up a distance raid with someone who's friends with me in Europe, Asia, or Oceania ANYWHERE NOT AMERICA just because I like seeing my map of gyms I've "visited" more filled out across the world. So if I have any friends from there who can set up a time with me anytime this week, my in-game name is WillionDollars. Or if you fit this and want to be friends for overseas gifts, I'm down for that too. I'm on the Pokégoons Discord and my username is Willsun#2410.

I'm in Europeland and on your list as 0zooz. I don't raid that often but I try to invite overseas people that are online when I do as they are quite likely to accept. I might have invited you already at some point. I don't usually plan when I raid though so can't really set a time. But I'll send some invites out if you're online!

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Froist posted:

Did you use your Elite Fast TM to get Thunder Shock or running with the standard Charge Beam? The IVs on mine limit it to 1467cp and I don't have an Elite Fast TM, not sure if it's worth trying out..

I used my Elite Fast TM, you really need the extra energy gain from thundershock for it to work.

If it makes you feel better this meta has shifted heavily in favor of Ice type attackers, might be wise to save your candies for something more viable. I just had to do it cause i'm an Instinct player and have been dying to use Zapdos for three seasons now.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Lucario has slaughtered countless evil Lapras, sharpedos, and houndoom. Yet the purple Lapras evades him.

Shit Fuckasaurus
Oct 14, 2005

i think right angles might be an abomination against nature you guys
Lipstick Apathy

And my Gotcha isn't working.

This is fine.

Unsinkabear
Jun 8, 2013

Ensign, raise the beariscope.

Forgot about Spotlight Hour again this week. I'm sorry, little "dragon" seahorse babies

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
It must be my week or something. Pity about the IVs.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
You know, now that I see the drat thing, as a shiny it is pretty lackluster.

Now gold would have been amazing. Or silver.

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
Deino will have a CD, probably within the next year, just like Litwick and Gible.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Zero shinies with 2 accounts going.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum
I have literally never seen a spotlight shiny, and I usually leave gotchas running on 4 accounts during them

if I didn't think niantic was too lazy to do it, I'd think they actively nerf the shiny rates during spotlights

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Finished walking archen.

Now for axew. I figure they'll do a CD for axew once I reach about 300km.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Cowslips Warren posted:

You know, now that I see the drat thing, as a shiny it is pretty lackluster.

Now gold would have been amazing. Or silver.

Yeah, I actually prefer the original colouring. File this under "the lime green ones".

Edit:

Beachcomber fucked around with this message at 07:23 on Aug 5, 2020

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Beachcomber posted:

Yeah, I actually prefer the original colouring. File this under "the lime green ones".

Edit:

still better than the grimer/alolan grimer shinies that just look like each other

Willsun
Dec 9, 2006

I willed too hard again...
I'm shooting for rank 10 or whatever it is to earn that special pose. Is it relatively easy to get to via grinding it out? I've been out of the loop for PvP since when it first came out, but I do know about how it obviously gets harder and harder to rank up. I remember people saying by a certain rank, you have to get at least 3/5 wins each time to level up your ranking? And are there ranks that take away ranking points if you lose more than you win in each set? And how long did it take people to get to rank 10? It says the current season still has 40 days so I'm hoping that should be plenty. GL is where I feel the most confident and have the best stuff built up, so I figure this is my best chance at making a run for rank 10.

Entropist posted:

I'm in Europeland and on your list as 0zooz. I don't raid that often but I try to invite overseas people that are online when I do as they are quite likely to accept. I might have invited you already at some point. I don't usually plan when I raid though so can't really set a time. But I'll send some invites out if you're online!

Sweet yeah, feel free to invite. If you're in the Pokegoons Discord feel free to pm me too.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
My girlfriend has hatched 2 deinos and a shiny gible in this event

LumpyGumby
Feb 22, 2012

"Here's the world famous hockey player sitting in the penalty box for slashing..."
-Snoopy Brown
42g - 65a - 107pts
106gp - 317PIMS
Suddenly hatched about 5 gibles in a row, and finally a deino.
I think they adjusted the rates finally.

Unsinkabear
Jun 8, 2013

Still nothing but Swablu over here. Partner hasn't hatched poo poo either.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
I’d be a lot happier hatching Swablus if the minimum ATK IV didn’t make it impossible to get good PVP IVs.

NZAmoeba
Feb 14, 2005

It turns out it's MAN!
Hair Elf

Willsun posted:

I'm shooting for rank 10 or whatever it is to earn that special pose. Is it relatively easy to get to via grinding it out? I've been out of the loop for PvP since when it first came out, but I do know about how it obviously gets harder and harder to rank up. I remember people saying by a certain rank, you have to get at least 3/5 wins each time to level up your ranking? And are there ranks that take away ranking points if you lose more than you win in each set? And how long did it take people to get to rank 10? It says the current season still has 40 days so I'm hoping that should be plenty. GL is where I feel the most confident and have the best stuff built up, so I figure this is my best chance at making a run for rank 10.

Sweet yeah, feel free to invite. If you're in the Pokegoons Discord feel free to pm me too.

The number of players that have reached rank 10 is tiny, you can't get it from grinding.

I'm guessing by the way you're describing things that you haven't reached rank 7 yet, but you'll encounter rating points, and then it'll be clear how steep a climb you have to reach 3500 rating points. You lose rating points for losing matches, and it's all about your skill relative to other players. Playing lots won't help you if you're just not as good at PvP as your competition is.

If you can consistently beat people though, then sure, play lots of matches.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Mustached Demon posted:

Finished walking archen.

Now for axew. I figure they'll do a CD for axew once I reach about 300km.

Archeops has some real potential to be a great PvP mon but it sure has one clumsy moveset. Wing Attack is the only viable quick option and the only STAB charge it gets is Ancient Power that got nerfed a couple seasons ago.

I guess the moves are how Niantic adds a power cap to it since abilities aren't a thing in this game.

Unsinkabear
Jun 8, 2013

Just culled some non-goons from my friends list to make room for goons, went back through the thread, and either invited or PMed everyone who wanted raid buddies. I think I got everyone, but if I missed you let me know.

I finally got a 3-star Rayquaza but no shiny yet, so I'm still on that grind. My campaign against sky wyrms will never cease. :black101:

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

Unsinkabear posted:

Just culled some non-goons from my friends list to make room for goons, went back through the thread, and either invited or PMed everyone who wanted raid buddies. I think I got everyone, but if I missed you let me know.

I finally got a 3-star Rayquaza but no shiny yet, so I'm still on that grind. My campaign against sky wyrms will never cease. :black101:

I’ll do occasional remote raids, pretty based on when I get enough coins to afford the 3 pack remote raid passes.

LumpyGumby
Feb 22, 2012

"Here's the world famous hockey player sitting in the penalty box for slashing..."
-Snoopy Brown
42g - 65a - 107pts
106gp - 317PIMS
I swear I hate pvp.
I start Shiftree 5 times I got Azumarril 4 times and Skarmory once.
Started Bastion 5 times and got Whiscash twice and galar Stunfisk 3 times
Started Azu 5 times and got abomasbow 5! Times!
Charizard got Azu, Alteria got Azu/Skarmory, medicham got Deoxys, etc etc etc

I just don't know what to do. I got to rank 8 quick and hit the same wall I always hit. Just frustrating.

Kantesu
Apr 21, 2010
Shiftry wins Azu, though? Like, it's hilariously one-sided. Sure, you need a shield, but they need them way more.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Game crashed while I was doing a remote raid, it ate my pass and wouldn't let me back in. Good times.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
If my main goal in pvp is farming items and dust, should I self-sabotage to prevent my going to level 8?

Kantesu
Apr 21, 2010
Once you hit rank 7, your matchups are totally decided by your rating. The only reason not to hit rank 8 before you start tanking your rating is if you really don't want Rufflet in the Pokemon reward pool.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Kantesu posted:

Once you hit rank 7, your matchups are totally decided by your rating. The only reason not to hit rank 8 before you start tanking your rating is if you really don't want Rufflet in the Pokemon reward pool.

Would I still get an elite TM at the end?

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Game crashed while I was doing a remote raid, it ate my pass and wouldn't let me back in. Good times.

Remote raids are buggy. Or at least raid invites are. I've lost at least 4 remote raid passes to the game crashing on a raid I was invited to.

Kantesu
Apr 21, 2010

Beachcomber posted:

Would I still get an elite TM at the end?

You only need to hit rank 7 for that. You will never drop a rank, no matter how low your rating goes.

Coffee_Break
Apr 30, 2008

Unsinkabear posted:

Thank you!
And I'm sorry just the two of us were not enough to get him!
Is the correct thing to do is back out before it starts when there aren't enough of us, so we don't lose passes?
I've only done a couple remotes so far and it can be glitchy!

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
I under estimated how fast I would run out of gifts at 30 gifts a day.

Entropist
Dec 1, 2007
I'm very stupid.

Coffee_Break posted:

Is the correct thing to do is back out before it starts when there aren't enough of us, so we don't lose passes?
Yes, back out with like 20-10 seconds to go, before it starts. You keep the pass and hopefully others see it in time to get out too.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Kantesu posted:

You only need to hit rank 7 for that. You will never drop a rank, no matter how low your rating goes.

I totally jinxed myself asking the first question. Just lost 4 in a row.

Lorak
Apr 7, 2009

Well, there goes the Hall of Fame...

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

still better than the grimer/alolan grimer shinies that just look like each other
I honestly found that clever and amusing.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!

Willsun posted:

The wins are a lot smaller this season. It seems like a very few elite may hit Rank 10 this season.

I’m doubting I can get back there. Still at 2100 since I can’t settle on a GL team I like.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Normal castform is actually viable in Great League now! Dust off that flesh-colored ballsac shiny from lotad day and take it out for a spin with hex/weather ball/grass knot!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Open a support ticket and get your pass back. Settings | Get Support | Chat Icon in the upper right, go thru the steps and create an issue. I have had three remote raid passes credited back to me, just be aware they can seemingly only grant 1 at a time so open multiple tickets for multiple issues.