Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum
Still loving the comparative (pve) meta-irrelevant CDs, they're always way more relaxing than trying to hurry during that last hour to evolve as much as possible

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

Still loving the comparative (pve) meta-irrelevant CDs, they're always way more relaxing than trying to hurry during that last hour to evolve as much as possible

Last CD let you evolve mons for 2 hours after the event ended for the special move.

And now you can use +turtwig&4*,3* in the search to quickly find the best mons to evolve after the event

Sesq
Nov 8, 2002

I wish I could tear him apart!

T1g4h posted:

Flygon owns, I am all about this :allears:

Yeah, I've got a 100% Vibrava I haven't been able to get enough candy to evolve.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Wheany posted:

Last CD let you evolve mons for 2 hours after the event ended for the special move.

And now you can use +turtwig&4*,3* in the search to quickly find the best mons to evolve after the event

"Meta relevant" CDs for me usually involve a lot of post-event trading high-level, low-IV mon, since inevitably the number of straight catches that are both high-level and high-iv are vanishingly low

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Flygon is cool and the shiny forms are cool it doesn't show up much anymore so this is pretty cool.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum
The people complaining vs. fine with it in my local discord seem to be split along the line of "did you get burned by getting a bazillion trapinch out of 10km eggs at some point in the past"

Old Swerdlow
Jul 24, 2008
It was the obvious choice for community day. The rotate between a starter Pokémon and a 10km egg Pokémon. Trapinch is the last 10km egg Pokémon from gen 3.

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

I want to hate this because I too got burned by getting a bazillion trapinchen out of 10k eggs, but on the other hand, that's a good shiny.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

The people complaining vs. fine with it in my local discord seem to be split along the line of "did you get burned by getting a bazillion trapinch out of 10km eggs at some point in the past"

I'm sitting on hundreds of Trapinch candy from getting loads of them out of 10ks and i'm still fine with it :v:

Flygon is basically discount Garchomp since they're both Dragon / Ground and since I doubt i'll ever get a drat Gible with my luck, I'll gladly take more Flygons :allears:

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

T1g4h posted:

I'm sitting on hundreds of Trapinch candy from getting loads of them out of 10ks and i'm still fine with it :v:

Flygon is basically discount Garchomp since they're both Dragon / Ground and since I doubt i'll ever get a drat Gible with my luck, I'll gladly take more Flygons :allears:

With the pattern we have, they will definitely do Gible day. Maybe early next year.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

T1g4h posted:

:same:

It could be good if they give it a 2-charge Ground attack. I'm speculating Earth Power as a new move, but we'll see.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009

rotinaj posted:

With the pattern we have, they will definitely do Gible day. Maybe early next year.

why would they do a community day for a pokemon they're never going to put in the game

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Centzon Totochtin posted:

why would they do a community day for a pokemon they're never going to put in the game

Don't worry, they'll make it so only you can't catch it that day

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

His quick attack is kind of balls, but this is A Good Boy

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

T1g4h posted:

I doubt i'll ever get a drat Gible with my luck

hey i've got a gible story for you but you're not gonna like it

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

T1g4h posted:

98% of the PoGO community wont get one until the inevitable CD next year

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
Trapinch Community Day owns because Flygon is cool as heck and I'll be very happy for the dude to be usable with Earth Power or another move. Flygon is one of the best looking shinies in the game too.

Not every single CD has to be meta relevant hugely important Pokemon. Favorite monsters getting attention like Flygon is super cool too!

PK
Apr 30, 2004

EXFOLIATE! EXFOLIATE! EXFOLIATE!
Ok yeah the shiny is pretty. I guess I'm just salty after hatching so many of the drat things

SpaceCadetBob
Dec 27, 2012
I've only hatched a lone vibrana, which just so happens to also be my only 4* so yeah I'm pretty stoked about this CD.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

rotinaj posted:

Good: catching a ton of Gibles and finally having enough candy to evolve the one I have into a Garchomp.

Bad: Garchomp's shiny is utter rear end. It's categorically the worst kind of shiny: the one that's completely indistinguishable from the normal. I'll take ugly shinies over the indistinguishable ones any day.

(Now shiny Mega Garchomp looks baller as gently caress but I have no idea how Niantic is going to handle Megas.)

Beastyfella
Mar 5, 2008

I have lost all powers of reading comprehension and counting ability hours ago
Poor shiny Gengar has the same issue

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
Meh, Flygon is fine I guess.

Wish they'd do PVP-friendly Community Days every once in a while. Skarmory, Medicham, Altaria, Azumarill and Lanturn would all be awesome Community Day choices. If they really wanted to blow everyone's minds, do a Tropius day.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Silver Falcon posted:

Good: catching a ton of Gibles and finally having enough candy to evolve the one I have into a Garchomp.

Bad: Garchomp's shiny is utter rear end. It's categorically the worst kind of shiny: the one that's completely indistinguishable from the normal. I'll take ugly shinies over the indistinguishable ones any day.

(Now shiny Mega Garchomp looks baller as gently caress but I have no idea how Niantic is going to handle Megas.)

Do you really think they're going to do megas after Game Freak gave them the axe this upcoming gen?

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Parrotine posted:

Do you really think they're going to do megas after Game Freak gave them the axe this upcoming gen?

they’re gonna do megas, z moves, this new dynamax thing, and whatever other gimmicks the main games do, and they’ll do it as lazily as possible, in a way they can get money out of us.

Speaking of, I shelled out for passes today and went hunting, because I’ll be damned if I let a little thing like no raid hour stop me.

:piss:

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
Hey Mithalas let me know if you're ever in Western Canada and we can do that lucky trade hahaha

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Parrotine posted:

Obviously I dunno, my dude. Why so aggressive about it? :confused: I was just musing over a situation in which shiny Garchomp would be worthwhile to have.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Parrotine posted:

They axed them in s/m and then brought them right back in us/um. Watch them do the same drat thing to move units late cycle, just like they've already done.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

PathAsc posted:

They axed them in s/m and then brought them right back in us/um. Watch them do the same drat thing to move units late cycle, just like they've already done.

They didnt axe them in SuMo, its built right there in the game on the last island, you could download the rest off of wifi via codes

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

In all seriousness though I want them to bring megas to PoGO cause mega beedrill is :krad:

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
They brought back fuckign Shadow Pokemon. Of course they'll bring Megas so they can get people to do stuff for another two months.

Plus, unless they dripfeed one pokemon at a time next gen, there just ain't enough pokemon to go for a year.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
https://twitter.com/deathbulge/status/1174377316916617216

Willsun
Dec 9, 2006

I willed too hard again...
What's the mega to this one, Thatsimpossib'l?

But yeah I'm hyped for mega evolutions. I want my sweet baby lightning dog Mega Manectric and I'll be real happy if they can make it a permanent evolution even if I have to shell out 400 candy for it to be one.

Froist
Jun 6, 2004

Is there any chance whoever's alt is "SAPoGoTraveller" could send me a gift? We've been one interaction away from Ultra for a while, and I've got a few others lined up.

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum
There were two Gible waiting to catch the bus today so I grabbed both of them. Both 1* sadly so they got sent to Professor Tree and his Pokemon wood chipper (patent pending).

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Parrotine posted:

They didnt axe them in SuMo, its built right there in the game on the last island, you could download the rest off of wifi via codes

Somehow I missed all of that, and I really have no idea how!

Parrotine posted:

In all seriousness though I want them to bring megas to PoGO cause mega beedrill is :krad:

Same but gengar

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Mega Evolution, like Shiney Pokémon, EVs, IVs, Z Moves, spelling it Forme, and the upcoming Dynamaxing, was a mistake. :colbert:

OgreNoah
Nov 18, 2003

Kheldarn posted:

Mega Evolution, like Shiney Pokémon, EVs, IVs, Z Moves, spelling it Forme, and the upcoming Dynamaxing, was a mistake. :colbert:

You just don't like fun do you?

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

megas were the best thing to happen to the game until regional formes

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Nearly 300 Bulbasaur candies in. Gimme a goddamned three star Bulba :mad:

Kheldarn posted:

Shiny Pokémon own sorry loser

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

1620 5882 8182

Added myself to the sheet, but I need frie(n)d eggs now!