Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DorkusMalorkus
Aug 4, 2009

"That's not Latin!"

Snorlax just chilling in the wild is pretty cool, I saw one yesterday too. Just not used to seeing them on the screen like that, usually Snorlax is a hatch out of an egg or lately, catch at team rocket stops if you're lucky

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
I'm a little annoyed that Gen 5 starters aren't boosted at all. I was out for a couple hours last night and the only less common Pokemon I found were Foongus and Blitzle.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

I'm a little annoyed that Gen 5 starters aren't boosted at all. I was out for a couple hours last night and the only less common Pokemon I found were Foongus and Blitzle.

They'll do a gen 5 starter event soon, they always do stuff like that when a new generation comes out

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

BGrifter posted:

Gen 5 had some cool Pokes. Excadrill, Ferrothorn, Conkeldurr, Whimsicott, Amoongus and Chandelure all own. The trio of Tornadus/Thundurus/Landorus were very cool legendaries. Seismitoad, Zoroark and Garbodor were huge players in the TCG for a long time. Cofagrigus was notable for being the first Pokémon you couldn’t name after itself and trade due to “fag” being in its name.

Gen 5 was a pretty cool generation. Easily better than Gen 6 and 7.

gen 5 is the high point of the series after gen 1

Ritznit
Dec 19, 2012

I'm crackers for cheese.

Ultra Carp
I'm a fool and still dreaming of that shiny leek duck. :(

As for the new guys, I'm definitely going for a nice walk in the park later.

Suggestion for the OP: Could you include a cheatsheet for the search strings like this? https://www.levelcodex.com/guides/5-pokemon-go-search-strings/ Linked would already be neat. Lots of people don't know that the search is more powerful than it lets on.

Old Swerdlow
Jul 24, 2008
I am one of those jerks that got a shiny mewtwo from their first raid.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
Help I still need those little guys who evolve into loudred

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

mastershakeman posted:

They were extremely uncommon here for the longest time, and now my uni's grounds are lousy with them. Actually found a loudred yesterday. Hopefully the same shift happens where you're at.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Trubbish is also a top tier genV Pokemon.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Got my first Snivy at the office, and my second shiny Caterpie. A good day. :toot:

Norse Code
Mar 10, 2007

DON'T AWOO - $350 PENALTY

the Infographics I keep saying that these only come out of eggs, but I just caught one in the wild:

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Willsun thanks for posting your handy list!

I got a good Mewtwo today. And also a pig, a Snivy, Panpour, and Purrloin. Happy to have my Gen 5 friends.

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

Got Friend Drillbur from my run :toot:

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
I caught a Klink today, which is funny because it means doorhandle in dutch.

Fyrbrand
Dec 30, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Norse Code posted:

the Infographics I keep saying that these only come out of eggs, but I just caught one in the wild:

I saw one on my radar this morning but couldn't find it.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
The Go-tcha.... Its powerful.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

Old Swerdlow posted:

I am one of those jerks that got a shiny mewtwo from their first raid.

I'm one of those sligthly lesser jerks who got a shiny mewtwo fron their second raid.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Wheany posted:

I'm one of those sligthly lesser jerks who got a shiny mewtwo fron their second raid.

I'm one of those slightly greater jerks who got two shiny mewtwos consecutively

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

mastershakeman posted:

They're absolutely everywhere around my city now with the Ultra Bonus spawns gone and normal Pokemon back in play, especially in partly cloudy weather. Just go to a downtown core and you'll be guaranteed to find Whismur everywhere.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Norse Code posted:

That's sick as hell. Seems like the only egg (and raid) exclusive monster so far is Klink, despite the (mis)information going around yesterday. I hatched a Klink walking into work and I'm so happy!

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Lol wtf is this goofball

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

DJ Fuckboy Supreme posted:

Lol wtf is this goofball

The stripes make it look like it's wearing a construction worker's reflective vest. The lore says they make great guards/lookouts.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Lol wtf is this goofball

Someone got into the cocaine stash...

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
In the words of my non-Pokemon playing husband, "someone had to take a lot of drugs to come up with some of these"

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are

Mesadoram posted:

Someone got into the cocaine stash...

"IF YOU PRETEND TO HAVE ASTHMA, YOU CAN STILL GET EPHEDRINE AT THE PHARMACY SNRRRRRRRFT"

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Hey, anyone with a go-tcha know how to reliably get it to connect? Its hard to work but when i does i catch a mon a minute nonstop at work.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Hey, anyone with a go-tcha know how to reliably get it to connect? Its hard to work but when i does i catch a mon a minute nonstop at work.

Have you downloaded the app? I turn my Bluetooth off, start the gotcha app. Then it says, I need Bluetooth, can I turn it on?! And then it auto connects every time.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Download the GO Companion app if you're rockin an Android

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Depends on the phone. Older phones may have some trouble with it.

My Nexus 5X almost never connected right, until there were some game updates in the middle of last year that specifically addressed Bluetooth connectivity problems. Still have some problms after it but it was an improvement. The GO Companion app never helped.

Conversely, my Galaxy S9 has been rock-solid. I will have the rare connection issue (usually after the 1hr timeout), which is fixed by restarting Bluetooth and the game.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

First one I raid for and catch. Neat. Had an egg popped too and swept the park for all the new stuff that was around got myself to 31. A good afternoon.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Lol wtf is this goofball

REMEMBER ME EDDIE?! WHEN I KILLED YOUR BROTHER?

I TALKED JUST. LIKE. THIIIIIIIIIIIS!

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

Parrotine posted:

A++++++

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

Parrotine posted:

I fuckin knew I recognized that look from somewhere

that ivy guy
May 20, 2015

Willsun posted:

I know Darkrai is a mythical but I'm throwing it in there because Cresselia is a mythical too and that fool has been a raid boss twice already, and Darkrai is part of the "Lunar duo" with Cresselia.

:ssh: Cresselia actually isn't mythical; you could encounter it in-game in gen 4 post game without any prerequisites.

You're right that it's still a cool candidate for raids though. Deoxys was just in raids and that boy is indeed mythical for some reason (despite actually being in the same boat as Cress now). I hope October is spooky Darkrai month

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

that ivy guy posted:

:ssh: Cresselia actually isn't mythical; you could encounter it in-game in gen 4 post game without any prerequisites.

You're right that it's still a cool candidate for raids though. Deoxys was just in raids and that boy is indeed mythical for some reason (despite actually being in the same boat as Cress now). I hope October is spooky Darkrai month

Darkrai or bring back giratina-o.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

that ivy guy posted:

He's mythical cause he had the balls to take on Rayquaza, I will fight you

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Mustached Demon posted:

Darkrai or bring back giratina-o.

I'm betting on shiny giratina-o. They are getting dangerously close to running out of starter Pokemon, they are going to need to ratchet back their speed if they don't want to be forced to bring out the next gen sooner than they'd want. We will be done with the last generation by Christmas at the current rate, and will be done with tepig, snivy and oshawatt by June. I am suspecting they will be doing a lot of slowing us down and seeing old stuff that didn't get shiny days yet. I bet we get shiny Dialga and Palkia before too long, too. And the Regis. And Heatran.

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

Tigers will do anything for a tuna sandwich.

Eyyy, got a sparkledux. Green Mime was my top want, but this is a close second.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
I'm up to 162 eggs hatched this event (all except two 7k) and zero shiny regionals.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

HookShot posted:

I'm up to 162 eggs hatched this event (all except two 7k) and zero shiny regionals.
how much money you spending on incubators mate