Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Willsun
Dec 9, 2006

I willed too hard again...
Number of legendary Pokemon a type will be super effective against in gen 5:

Not counting forms:

Fairy (6) - Terrakion, Virizion, Keldeo, Kyurem, Zekrom, Darkrai
Ice (5) - Virizion, Tornadus, Thundurus, Landorus, Zekrom
Fighting (4) - Cobalion, Terrakion, Kyurem, Darkrai
Ground (4) - Cobalion, Terrakion, Reshiram, Zekrom
Rock (4) - Tornadus, Thundurus, Reshiram, Kyurem
Psychic (3) - Terrakion, Virizion, Keldeo
Dragon (3) - Reshiram, Kyurem, Zekrom
Fire (2) - Cobalion, Virizion
Steel (2) - Terrakion, Kyurem
Water (2) - Terrakion, Landorus
Grass (2) - Terrakion, Keldeo
Electric (2) - Keldeo, Tornadus
Flying (2) - Virizion, Keldeo
Poison (1) - Virizion
Bug (1) - Darkrai

Counting every form as a separate boss:

Fairy (9) - Terrakion, Virizion, Keldeo (x2), Kyurem (x3), Zekrom, Darkrai
Ice (8) - Virizion, Tornadus (x2), Thundurus (x2), Landorus (x2), Zekrom
Rock (8) - Tornadus (x2), Thundurus (x2), Reshiram, Kyurem (x3)
Fighting (6) - Cobalion, Terrakion, Kyurem (x3), Darkrai
Dragon (5) - Reshiram, Kyurem (x3), Zekrom
Psychic (4) - Terrakion, Virizion, Keldeo (x2)
Steel (4) - Terrakion, Kyurem (x3)
Electric (4) - Keldeo (x2), Tornadus (x2)
Water (3) - Terrakion, Landorus (x2)
Grass (3) - Terrakion, Keldeo (x2)
Flying (3) - Virizion, Keldeo (x2)
Poison (1) - Virizion
Bug (1) - Darkrai

I know Darkrai is a mythical but I'm throwing it in there because Cresselia is a mythical too and that fool has been a raid boss twice already, and Darkrai is part of the "Lunar duo" with Cresselia.

Terrakion is hilarious weak to everything, and looks like fairy is the winner even though there doesn't seem to be any Pokemon from gen 5 that can top Gardevoir or Togekiss yet. Everything so far that has been datamined from gen 5 and has Charm as a fast attack doesn't have Play Rough or any fairy type charge move to go with it. Anyway, hope people find this useful on what they want to invest in to build for Unova bosses.

I also can't wait for people's autocorrect to write "Virizon" to add to the pantheon of Groupon and Suicide.

Willsun fucked around with this message at 03:40 on Sep 17, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Willsun
Dec 9, 2006

You guys are curling the finger on the monkey's paw further and it's gonna be Giratina-A shiny chance instead for a really lovely Halloween.

Willsun
Dec 9, 2006

GPTribefan posted:

Tweet was deleted - what did they say?

Niantic Support account: Technical difficulty issues, sorry no raid hour tonight.

[Around half an hour later]

Pokemon Go account: Have fun at raid hour tonight, and remember to be courteous to people around you!

Willsun
Dec 9, 2006

What's the mega to this one, Thatsimpossib'l?

But yeah I'm hyped for mega evolutions. I want my sweet baby lightning dog Mega Manectric and I'll be real happy if they can make it a permanent evolution even if I have to shell out 400 candy for it to be one.

Willsun
Dec 9, 2006

Willsun posted:

You guys are curling the finger on the monkey's paw further and it's gonna be Giratina-A shiny chance instead for a really lovely Halloween.

overdesigned posted:

gently caress youuuuuuuuuuu

:kiss:

Next, I predict shiny Regice for Christmas.

Willsun
Dec 9, 2006

NZAmoeba posted:

I'm going to make a Montreal Safari Zone effort post! I got the idea to make use of the camera in game after spotting a real dragonfly hanging around a pond. Below is me showing off my (mostly) shinies, some of them caught at this very event!

Album: https://imgur.com/gallery/iCZaz5g

These are great!

Willsun
Dec 9, 2006

Other than that July/August 2016 Pokemon guaranteed lucky trade (10 max), no. All they've said is the older the date of the Pokemon, the higher the chance.

Lucky friends are such a tossup because I've had a friend or two get lucky with me twice within the same week, and then there's someone I've been best friends for forever and want to give her a lucky trade shiny Ponyta but after months of opening gifts we still got nothing. Everything's been anecdotal, but I wonder if hitting friendship with different methods have a higher chance of making lucky friends or not. Like with the aforementioned friend that hasn't hit lucky, we've done nothing but open presents. With the near back-to-back ones, it was through raiding together.

Willsun
Dec 9, 2006

Hannibal Rex posted:

Can someone give me the lowdown on Shadow Pokemons?

Basically, from what I've read up on them, the Return charged attack is pretty mediocre, so I wonder if the 20% stardust and 10% candy discounts they get make up for having to unlock a second attack to get them up to snuff.

They just look cool. They have no advantages or disadvantages fighting as your Pokemon. If anything, they are more of a negative because they cost twice the amount of stardust AND candy to power up (so think like up to 400,000 stardust and 400 some candy if you want to max one out). The majority of them are caught with really low level, so most of them will cost a fortune to power up purely just so they have the red eyes and dark flames. Evolving costs the normal amount of candies at least. The exclusive charge moves they get by default as a shadow Pokemon (Frustration) and after purifying (Return) are pretty garbage and would only get STAB on normal type Pokemon. You can easily TM these moves away. The game really pushes for you to purify them because not only would it remove the stardust/candy cost penalty, but it would raise them automatically to level 25 (plus getting that airy white aura around them).

That said, it's up to you how you spend your stardust. A lot of people just stop after evolving a shadow Pokemon because that's all you really need to show one off at a gym. It hardly matters for its CP unless you're gonna use it in raids or you play PvP a lot locally. Powering a shadow Pokemon for a serious gym defense isn't worth it because nothing is hard to take down in gyms ever.

Willsun
Dec 9, 2006

Return is still considered the worst charge move for Snorlax. The only advantage it has is as a gym defender where it fires faster and is harder to dodge.

Willsun
Dec 9, 2006

Psion posted:

everyone who's personally experienced a drop in spawns is convinced it's a nerf and everyone who's gained is too busy catching to post about it

unless there's actual evidence on a national or global scale total spawns have dropped just preface everything you read with with "for me, ..."

Yeah it's unfortunate that it seems a lot of goons were hit with less spawns than more, but everyone talking about it like they just straight up adjusted it with "ALL SPAWNS GO DOWN TO 66% OF WHAT THE WORLD HAD" might be getting ahead of themselves. I noticed in my walking route where places got more spawns and what places got less. At least for my area, it seems like spawns are just in general more spread out, like they took clusters and shook them out. Parks still maintain little clusters, but the big cluster I was accustomed to in the street behind me isn't there anymore. It does suck to not be able to reliably walk in the two bigger clusters on certain streets anymore, but I don't think spawn points got decreased.

Willsun
Dec 9, 2006

Looten Plunder posted:

Does the renaming Eevee to get the evolution you want trick only work once total or once per Eevee evolution?
If I've evolved a couple of Eevees the normal way, can I still do it or does it have to be the first time I evolve an Eevee?

Going by your definition, it works once per Eevee evolution. If you have say 7 Eevee all ready to go, you can name them all the secret names and evolve them to get all 7 existing Eevee evolutions.

I would highly advise you pick your Flareon/Vaporeon/Jolteon wisely since those still do not have a guaranteed way to choose what you want. Espeon/Umbreon name trick is if you want to skip the walking, and Leafeon/Glaceon are if you want to avoid buying their respective special lure (although you can earn each one for free in the Jirachi quest line after completing the first step).

Willsun
Dec 9, 2006

I haven't gotten anything amazing lately but the best feeling came from Darkrai day 1 when I played at a college town instead and some local and I helped some newbie dudebros catch their Darkrai at a raid and they were suuuuuper stoked since it was their first legendary (technically mythical, I know). I felt kinda sad that they left asking my name and saying they'll see me around even though I only ever stop by once in a while on my commute. I suppose this is like the best "augmented reality" experience I can get feeling like I'm trainer Red and I just silently adjust my hat and walk off into the sunset lol

Willsun
Dec 9, 2006

Some admin from another town in our Discord likes to ping @here when he happens to want to raid in my town and it's annoying. I'm hoping other mods here will tell him to please stop because I have other alerts going for good spawns and it's awful when I check my phone in excitement but it's just him saying "Who wants to raid @here" like go away and or stop abusing your status. Everyone else gets rightfully told to stop when it's their first time using Discord so I don't know why these people think it's okay.

Dr.Caligari posted:

I walked around all day and never saw Charmander with a hat. Saw plenty of Halloween costume Pikachu though

Like someone else said the starters with costumes are only in raids. I'm on the lookout for them right now because I figure they'll bring (shiny) Darkrai back in the future but Halloween seems more exclusive right now. That said, it's hard to find one these days and I've only been able to do Bulbasaur so far.

Willsun
Dec 9, 2006

slave to my cravings posted:

Sending $6.37 to some guy in Guangzhou province was the best investment I've made in this dumb game.

Can this be the new thread title please

Willsun
Dec 9, 2006

The Sezza posted:

Yeah, they're both egg hatches. Thanks. I figured that was the case, but, may as well ask. :shrug:

I was about to ask which one was higher level but if they're both egg hatches then they're both level 20 and they're hardly any different from each other. I would choose the one with more attack stats if you really want a deciding factor.

Willsun
Dec 9, 2006

Hauki posted:

How do gift drops work exactly, or like what are the odds of getting one? There’s only three stops close to my house now (I swear they removed some since I last played), I keep spinning them repeatedly but I rarely get a gift drop out of it. I felt like I was perpetually full on gifts when I was traveling and now I’m struggling to get any.

If you have 10 gifts in your inventory, that's considered full and you can't hoard any more. Niantic is so paranoid about cheating with people trading to each other they have to implement the friend tier system AND hamper it with the 10 gift hold limit so you can't farm them when conveniently around a lot of stops.

Willsun
Dec 9, 2006

Yeah at this point Darkrai for me is too expensive over better Pokemon with the same coverage. A (relatively) cheaper dark attacker comes in Tyranitar, and Giratina-O covers everything a Darkrai would cover and does a better job at it. That said, I'm still raiding it as much as I can while the Halloween event is giving out 2x candy and maybe power up the best one I have in the end for a little flavor in my collection. Actually, I might just hoard the candy until a shiny version comes out in the future. Will still be putting dust into Giratina-O for all my anti-psychic, anti-ghost needs.

Willsun
Dec 9, 2006

Hannibal Rex posted:

I got a 100% Larvitar from a grunt fight, would you recommend waiting for the CD rerun to turn it into a Stone attacker, or will I get more use out of Dark?

I've already got a bunch of decent Dark attackers, but my only Stone guy so far is an Alolan Golem.

Use Tyranitar for rock if possible. Ghost already covers everything dark does, not to mention Darkrai is here if you wanted the best dark type attacker. Tyranitar's Crunch is unfortunately a weak charge move but it's still better than most things only because the Pokemon itself has a strong base attack, STAB, and some bulk. Rock type will serve you better too for later stuff this gen:

Willsun posted:

Number of legendary Pokemon a type will be super effective against in gen 5:

Not counting forms:

Fairy (6) - Terrakion, Virizion, Keldeo, Kyurem, Zekrom, Darkrai
Ice (5) - Virizion, Tornadus, Thundurus, Landorus, Zekrom
Fighting (4) - Cobalion, Terrakion, Kyurem, Darkrai
Rock (4) - Tornadus, Thundurus, Reshiram, Kyurem
Psychic (3) - Terrakion, Virizion, Keldeo
Dragon (3) - Reshiram, Kyurem, Zekrom
Steel (2) - Terrakion, Kyurem
Water (2) - Terrakion, Landorus
Grass (2) - Terrakion, Keldeo
Electric (2) - Keldeo, Tornadus
Flying (2) - Virizion, Keldeo
Poison (1) - Virizion
Bug (1) - Darkrai

Counting every form as a separate boss:

Fairy (9) - Terrakion, Virizion, Keldeo (x2), Kyurem (x3), Zekrom, Darkrai
Ice (8) - Virizion, Tornadus (x2), Thundurus (x2), Landorus (x2), Zekrom
Rock (8) - Tornadus (x2), Thundurus (x2), Reshiram, Kyurem (x3)
Fighting (6) - Cobalion, Terrakion, Kyurem (x3), Darkrai
Dragon (5) - Reshiram, Kyurem (x3), Zekrom
Psychic (4) - Terrakion, Virizion, Keldeo (x2)
Steel (4) - Terrakion, Kyurem (x3)
Electric (4) - Keldeo (x2), Tornadus (x2)
Water (3) - Terrakion, Landorus (x2)
Grass (3) - Terrakion, Keldeo (x2)
Flying (3) - Virizion, Keldeo (x2)
Poison (1) - Virizion
Bug (1) - Darkrai
And as you can see, dark (and ghost) aren't even on the list for gen 5 legendary counters. Then again, I can't predict what and how often Niantic recycles old legendaries where dark/ghost will come in handy. They've always been good for EX Raid bosses so far since Mewtwo and Deoxys are psychic types.

Willsun
Dec 9, 2006

TMing all my Regis right now since I have over 120 fast TMs taking up space.

Willsun
Dec 9, 2006

Instead you end up looking like it's almost your turn after a long line to use the bathroom.

Willsun
Dec 9, 2006

tildes posted:

At least for me grass worked better since it’s weather boosted by sunny weather, which is fairly common. Also wow these guys deal low DPS.

May change depending on if the boss has Lock-On. I don't know what deals more though, with or without it, since it's up to the CPU's randomness of how often it wants to fire off their charged move.

Willsun
Dec 9, 2006

DJ Fuckboy Supreme posted:

Caught a shiny swinub, pretty cute. Looks sickly af though.

I'm trying to gently PSA locals to catch as many Swinub as they can right now since it's such a boon and ice is worth its weight in gold and Mamoswine is probably the best there is for a long time.

Also not a new thing but I'm always thankful when I realize it wasn't long ago we were like "Man, why can't raids last well into the nights like in the Phillipines and some other countries?" At least, it's like that here in Cali and I assume most of the world has raids lasting to about 9pm now.

Willsun
Dec 9, 2006

d3lness posted:

I got an EX invite for Sunday, but it's during my weekly tabletop/hangout time. Is the Mewtwo really worth it or do these invites just kinda start rolling in after the first one?

Mewtwo isn't as worth it anymore ever since Niantic made "Not very effective" even MORE not very effective. Shadow Ball Mewtwo used to be one of the best ghost type attackers, but now that we have Giratina-O, Mewtwo doing even worse damage with its fast attack (which can only be psychic type, which is also most likely resisted by what Shadow Ball is good against) makes it more outclassed.

However, we don't know if we'll ever get the chance to get Shadow Ball Mewtwo again, not to mention Mewtwo will be switched out to Regigigas soon since the post detailing the colossal event that just happened said, "Don’t worry, Trainers—if you’re unable to participate in this colossal event, you can look forward to Regigigas coming to EX Raids next month!" (posted Oct. 14th).

Willsun
Dec 9, 2006

Duckman2008 posted:

I did an Ex raid yesterday, and got another pass for this upcoming Sunday. Is it for sure another Mewtwo this Sunday?

That's as much of a clue we got from them, so who knows. My educated guess is yes, it's probably still Mewtwo since if Niantic is a responsible company, it would announce Regigigas in EX raids before a new round of EX raid passes goes out.

Willsun
Dec 9, 2006

The one saving grace to shadow Pokemon is taken away in that you can't change/TM out its charge move Frustration. Like even if you wanted to pay its outrageous stardust and candy prices to power it up, it still has to use a horrible normal type charge attack.

There's really no point to powering it up if it can't defend gyms well and you can't use them for raiding.

Entropist posted:

We have someone here who is infamous for keeping a single gym red at all times. She's level 40 and no one has ever seen her. She does do raids at the gym that she defends, but she doesn't go outside for it. She occasionally appears as a defender in other gyms nearby but no one has seen her do so. Still, she clearly plays quite a bit because she has enough golden razzberries to defend that gym all day. For non-red players it's been a huge effort to get a gold badge on that gym, for me it took like two years. By now, she is a meme and various people have accounts parodying her nickname, but her identity is still a mystery!

Or perhaps it's a spoofer who doesn't know how to move... :v:

I'm like 90% in agreement that it's really stupid to sit on a gym like this and 10% respecting that they want to play AR and be a gym leader or something. I understand if the lady is like, disabled and could only feasibly reach the one gym every day to collect coins but flipping it asap is just pointless if she's been there for years now. I dunno, sometimes I have to remember older people play this game and they may not care about actual game mechanics.

Willsun
Dec 9, 2006

DizzyBum posted:

One major problem I'm having with submissions right now is the fact that you have to take the photos and write out and submit the nomination on-the-spot. I tried to submit a playground but the submission kept erroring out with "Image upload timed out, please try again later." This was originally how it was in Ingress Prime too, but they updated it a few months ago to make things easier. I hope they add that into PoGo soon.

Speaking from experience here - certain Ingress players are some of the saltiest, elitist, most entitled gamers out there. There are several hardcore players that quit the game when the original Ingress app was retired in September. Quite a few of them are dead-set on voting down good submissions, which they discuss openly in their own channels. They are the definition of "taking the ball and going home."

Yeah it really sucks about the on-the-spot labor you have to do for nominations. I understand that they don't want couch surfers just tagging everything, but uploading photos worth lots of mb in public especially if you have limited data is awful. I got the timed out error as well, but I was taking photos of things at my local park so I just walked home with everything ready to submit and just waited to connect to my own wifi and the submission worked. And what someone else said about description info is hard too, I agree. For a city park's art installation, I had to copy the text from home and had it ready to paste once I was out there.

Also seriously what is it with the Ingress players that I keep hearing the same stories about taking pleasure in screwing over honest location submissions? Is there something in Ingress that new stops would seriously screw with their meta or something I don't know about? I honestly want to know genuine reasons like, does it make their game harder and they have to end up having to hit more portals manually due to the increased Pokestop data or what?

Willsun
Dec 9, 2006

I want to help but... :(

Willsun
Dec 9, 2006

^ From what I've heard, yes, although your team should be at least leveled to 30. Use Psystrike Mewtwo and Metagross.

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

Regrettably, even if you did other people would shoot it down anyways. You can get away with cheesy stops but gotta play the rules the way they’re written to do it.

I've been wondering how Wayfarer takes punitive measures against bad nominations or people culpable of supporting bad nominations. Are there even any? I'm not saying I want to go around just clicking 5 stars for everything, but what keeps other people from doing it?

Also the most annoying approvals are ones where they just ask if a name change is needed and it's because some idiot came up with a troll rename.

What is the most fitting name for this Pokéstop? [shows a mermaid statue]

•Neptune's Daughter
•Baka
•(None of the above)

Willsun
Dec 9, 2006

Arquinsiel posted:

You get 20 for the first berry, second is 40, third is 60 etc. I think I've never gone higher than 400 per berry, but I may be misremembering.

What the other person said, it's just the game cumulatively showing the sum of what you're getting as you feed multiple berries. You're still only getting 20 per berry. It's very misleading in the game for it to show you +40, +60, +80 in such quick succession if you're not pausing just a bit between feeding each berry.

Willsun
Dec 9, 2006

Cowslips Warren posted:

I had to do SIX loving stops of decoys before I found smugfucka Giovanni. All for a garbage Articuno.

It was loving close with him too. I do not get the people who say they can beat everyone with a team of 1499cp mon and have one with no damage.

Notice the Ultra Hero badge you now get for defeating Giovanni. Unless Niantic provides something faster than once-a-month chances with Giovanni, we can only get gold on that badge at the earliest June 2021 (20 wins, 1 win per month). And assuming we have to pass the same quests, we have to purify 15 shadow Pokemon each time. This means you spend 15,000 stardust minimum a month (300,000 stardust for all 20 months) if you're lucky to have all 1000-stardust Pokemon (Rattata, Zubat) to get this gold badge. 45,000 stardust per month if you purify all 3000-stardust ones (900,000 stardust for all 20 months).

I was really hoping that after this initial event to show us Giovanni that we can just follow the steps of beating each of the three bosses once to form a Super Rocket Radar whenever we want.

Willsun
Dec 9, 2006

Dr.Caligari posted:

E; is this a glitch or is there a way to make it go away?

I don't understand what the glitch is supposed to be here. Looks like you finished some quest lines and that's it.

Willsun
Dec 9, 2006

Arquinsiel posted:

Does re-adding purge their friend level?

Based on the FAQ from Niantic themselves, friendship levels can be maintained if you restore your friendship "within a limited amount of time" but they didn't specify how long that is. Whether it's a hard number like 30 days or if it's on the whims of whenever Niantic does maintenance checks, who's to say. You roll the dice if you unfriend someone.

"After removing a friend, your Friendship Levels can be recovered for a limited period of time. If you re-add a friend during that time period, your Friendship Level will be restored."

Willsun fucked around with this message at 18:33 on Nov 21, 2019

Willsun
Dec 9, 2006

Johnny Joestar posted:

i know absolutely jack poo poo about competitive stuff for this game, but i have a near max-stat clefable which is one of my favorite pokemon and i was wondering if it's even remotely useful in general for fighting.

If by fighting you mean PvP then yeah like the other guy said, it's amazing in Ultra league where there's a cap on how high the CP can go. But since most people I know never touch PvP, it's not among the must-haves for raiding. By all means though, don't let that stop you from maxing out your favorite Pokemon and throwing it in a gym as a defender and making people go "Woah, I didn't know Clefable can reach 2400cp and also what do I use against it??"

Clefable can also have double fairy moves which can be helpful against legendaries that are dragon type, and those are pretty common as far as legendaries go especially for ones people want anyway. I'd say in raid usage it's a lot better than any grass, fire, water, poison, flying and normal type. Clefable may be garbage in usefulness, but at least it's less stinky garbage.

Willsun
Dec 9, 2006

Wayfarer nomination approvals are slowing down as expected since the initial surge of interest when it opened up has died off. It used to be like you'd get an approval/rejection within 4 days of submitting one, but now my latest one has gone on 13 days still "In Voting."

It also sucks to hear from other reviewers that they keep getting struck down with 24 hour cooldown timers because Wayfarer thinks they're bots or something. I get that you should do some due diligence in checking but a lot of times they're pretty straightforward and it sucks that in a time when we need more reviewers, it gets slowed down even more.

DizzyBum posted:

I think it's actually something to do with fetching the location data for the pokemon because whenever I see that happen it always freezes on "This Pokemon was caught" for several seconds before it either displays the data or gives up.

...Hey, remember when the Pokemon's info actually showed the Google map tile where it was caught?

Yeah sometimes if I lose connection outside when I play and I reconnect, it screws up the game pulling up location data. Like sending gifts gets slowed down to hell because the game is killing itself trying to get the location data of every gift. Sometimes even restarting the game doesn't fix it when it was out of my hands when I walk into a dead spot.

Also the Google map thing was cool even if I know that probably took up unnecessary data. It was nice knowing where I caught my good Pokemon.

Willsun
Dec 9, 2006

I didn't understand how to level up buddy friendship at first but now I understand that it's you have to collect enough hearts and you're only limited to so much (10) a day. The buddy screen saying "Today's Activities" scared me into thinking I had to complete an increasingly difficult challenge that had to be completed all in one day to count, especially the walking distance. If I don't have school/work, asking me to walk enough for the game to count 6km (which irl is probably 10km) per day is a lot.

But this means on average I'll collect around 7 hearts a day at the most give or take if I take the time to feed it berries and whatever walking gets counted. Say if the average player doesn't walk around enough for it to count 2km a day (or you did but you only refilled its hunger with berries twice), an average of 7 hearts/day means it'll take roughly 43 days to reach Best Buddy with a mon and get that ribbon. If you can max out the 10/day, then 30 days.

Just doing math out loud to see how long it takes to Best Buddy ribbon a whole team of anything for its benefits.

Willsun
Dec 9, 2006

It was nice finding locals having a glacial lure party yesterday at the hotspot where 4 stops meet downtown. I had no idea the spawns from these lures lasted only 2 minutes before despawning though, but it was great to catch a lot of Cryogonal and at one point 3 Lapras appeared at once. Gotta go fast.

Willsun
Dec 9, 2006

First of all, how dare you all hate on Lapras its is my baby you will learn to respect the Ice Beam. It was the first thing I put as my buddy for a long time and it was my efficient dragon killer for the first two years.

Cowslips Warren posted:

Anyone else on Wayfarer? Any idea how to move my little icon from yellow to green? Because there's not a ton of info and I really wish there was communication between reviewers.

It took me about a week of modest reviewing before it got moved to green, but that was when Wayfarer first rolled out and things were happening fast. It'll most likely move to green once you review a decent portion that ended up siding with your review of whether the nomination passed or not, and may take longer these days. Not that your color status really means much besides "red means you're one step away from being banned." There's a general Wayfarer Discord server I'm on where people are more in the know and someone mentioned they went from green to red immediately one time and the consensus was that Niantic may possibly throw in their own dummy nominations for you to review to make sure you're not just 5-starring everything to go as fast as possible to build for your upgrade, and they probably reviewed it wrongly when there was an obvious red flag in the dummy nomination.

Nominations finished on an average of 4 days when Wayfarer started, but now it's slowed down to 2-3 weeks because people stopped reviewing from either learning it's not getting them what they want (like instantly voting in their own nomination or being able to vote just on nominations in their own city) or they're getting tired of Niantic's nebulous rules on why they're getting day-banned for "suspicious voting patterns" and I can't blame them. Another guy in my town that's been creating gyms and stops with me learned that Wayfarer is super harsh against using bots/programs to vote fast and will hit them with the 24 hour suspension if their reviews all end up with the same scores (like all 5 stars, the most common). We've just learned to circumvent that by diversifying some of the categories' votes (especially in "Cultural Significance" and "Visually Unique"). It's not that we're just randomly giving out 3s and 4s just to avoid the suspension, but sometimes it's true that something may be culturally significant but is dull-looking or hard to point out, or something is bright and flashy but isn't much beyond being a business' sign.

Willsun
Dec 9, 2006

JonoChen is like my only source for Australian eggs and the only guaranteed +10k km distance eggs so I open those presents all the time.

Willsun
Dec 9, 2006

socialsecurity posted:

Do Eggs from different countries have different Pokemon?

Like the other poster said, not really but I'm trying to collect Pokemon from long distances away to trade for that Pilot medal. To get gold on Pilot, you have to trade Pokemon whose location differences total 1,000,000 km. Australian/New Zealand Pokemon are roughly 10,000 km difference for someone like me in California so it'll take about 100 Aus x Cali trades to get it. I'm just racking up as much of these Aussie Pokemon to go toward that. There was an event a few months ago where a research objective was about making a single trade that was 10,000 km or more and Aussie Pokemon were the only ones that qualified for me (reward was a Zangoose/Seviper for those who missed out on those rotating in their region).

For people who are confused how it works, it doesn't matter where the trade is taking place. They calculate the km differences based on the Pokemon's place of origin. I could be in Missouri doing the trade but it wouldn't change the difference if I'm still trading a Pokemon caught in California and a Pokemon hatched from an Australian egg.

Australian/New Zealand eggs are the best bets for longest distance for me because even though I'm in west coast USA, European eggs are still only roughly 8,000 to 9,000 km difference with me. I don't know of any goons playing that are located further east of Sweden/Germany. Same for across the other way where Japan/Taiwan is also only around 9,000 km and the game doesn't exist in China. My antipode is roughly around Madagascar and I have no idea if the game is even live in South Africa. I'm also too lazy to hunt for players in India willing to be friends.

mastershakeman posted:

Are you absolutely sure about this on 5kms because that's a huge deal

Yes but the catch is that you have to spin stops from those regions to get them so it's not like you can get an Asian 5km egg from a gift or anything.

Willsun fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Jan 1, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Willsun
Dec 9, 2006

ChrisBTY posted:

has anybody else had a problem where every time they go to catch a pokemon they got a "You can use your camera to catch Pokemon in AR Mode" reminder/tutorial text? Because our phone is cheap and AR mode isn't working (though it works in the buddy screen). We can't figure out how to make it go away.

I mean I log in and out of accounts all the time so anytime that happens the first catch displays that tutorial for me and that's been happening as long as that feature's been alive. But for EVERY catch though that's gotta be one hell of an annoying bug. If that's the case, it hasn't happened to me yet and I have the new update with the new splash screen.