Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
Oh hey, new Pokémon! Time to see what’s spawning...

So all the Swablus and Ralts got replaced by Lillipups and Patrats? Great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
Ugh Ferroseeds in 10km eggs. :sigh:

Gonna be walking a lot at the mall I guess once the snow arrives.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

tangy yet delightful posted:

Caught a 0* Foongus. So excited for these cool new mons :yawn:

At least Amoongus had a run in competitive Pokémon battles in the main series games. I could imagine it being good in PVP or something.

Patrats and Lillipups are just straight up trash.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

Auxiliary Treats posted:

I caught one in the wild on my way home so they’re out there.

Oh good. Ferrothorn is probably my favorite Gen5 Pokemon.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

endlessmonotony posted:

Just get a sex swing for your phone, it works about ten times better than any kind of gps trickery.

One does not become the very best, like no one ever was, putting their phone on a sex swing.

I will walk 60-70km a week like Arceus intended. :colbert:

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
lol I just realized with Mewtwo in raids I still can’t complete the “Catch a legendary from a raid or research reward” quest. Mewtwo is also mythical.

Welp. Niantic aren’t very good at this whole making games thing.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

dungeon cousin posted:

What, really? It's a Legendary in the main series though.

I could certainly be wrong. Mew is mythical for sure, but Mewtwo might be legendary.

If so, problem from Deoxys week solved! :woop:

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

NTRabbit posted:

The radar is filled with weird gen z Pokemons I'm scared and confused

Gen 5 had some cool Pokes. Excadrill, Ferrothorn, Conkeldurr, Whimsicott, Amoongus and Chandelure all own. The trio of Tornadus/Thundurus/Landorus were very cool legendaries. Seismitoad, Zoroark and Garbodor were huge players in the TCG for a long time. Cofagrigus was notable for being the first Pokémon you couldn’t name after itself and trade due to “fag” being in its name.

Gen 5 was a pretty cool generation. Easily better than Gen 6 and 7.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
Meh, Flygon is fine I guess.

Wish they'd do PVP-friendly Community Days every once in a while. Skarmory, Medicham, Altaria, Azumarill and Lanturn would all be awesome Community Day choices. If they really wanted to blow everyone's minds, do a Tropius day.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

DorkusMalorkus posted:

Luckily shiny Aggron is a pretty awesome green to make up for it!

I finally got Blitzle today after seeing it on the tracker for a few days. I love my sparky electric zebra :3:

Aggron Rodgers of the Green Bay Packers.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
RIP me.

:suicide:

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

SuperKlaus posted:

Luv 2 walk 50+ km and only get an orange egg reward

63.5km walked this week, two egg slots open, zero eggs in the reward.

:sigh:

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

DizzyBum posted:

My wife did a lucky trade with someone at the last community day. They immediately became Lucky Friends again. :eyepop:

I'm so sorry you're getting divorced, but it was obviously meant to be. You can't deny Pokefate.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

Mesadoram posted:

People say that Medichan is awesome at Great League, but it's cp is so low. Is there something I am missing?

Medicham is one of the rare Pokémon that wants 15/15/15 IVs because it’s max CP is 1431 at level 40.

Still a beast even though it doesn’t get up to 1500.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

dwarf74 posted:

I had three spawn points around my house.

Now I have zero. :(

There were a dozen spawn points between the three apartment buildings that share a parking lot here.

Now there are two. Sometimes I swear it’s like Niantic are going out of their way to murder any enthusiasm I have for the game. :sigh:

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
On a more positive note at least the weekly research rewards are trash for another month so I can keep all three slots full with World Tourism Day quests till I can be bothered to get on Discord and find someone to trade with.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

HookShot posted:

I've been ok with most of the changes but honestly, the recent spawn nerf has killed my enthusiasm for this game.

I’m surprised the Poke-Holocaust isn’t getting more news coverage. Millions of innocent Pokémon sent to their deaths to appease wealthy land owners.

Edit: There was an enormous nerf. My town of a hundred thousand people has maybe 10% of the spawns it used to all throughout the downtown area. Areas that used to spawn 10-12 Pokes now have one, or in some cases no Pokémon at all.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
Welp. The spawn point genocide means I can’t participate in a Community Day while home sick in bed. Staring at a lone Makuhita taunting me.

Used to get over a dozen spawns in my back yard. This will suck when winter arrives. :sigh:

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
My feelings about Trapinch Community Day.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

Not particulary, if you're evolving it at this point-- the legacy moveset still has Gengar technically as the top of the glassiest glass cannons for it's type, but
- Ghost type means it's strong against but weak to ghost
- Poison combo typing means it's strong against but weak to psychic

and the biggest clincher point is that Darkrai is fractions of a dps away from even legacy gengar with both Dark Pulse and Shadow Ball (even without STAB on the latter), and since it's pure Dark type it's got far more staying power in those exact same matchups.

However, none of this matters in the slightest and Gengar is the best Pokemon in the game.

Seriously, raids are just Pokemon gangbangs where the boss melts between 20-30 seconds depending on what everyone picks. Always use Gengar for everything regardless of type. Don’t be one of those knuckleheads who tries to use “numbers” and “strategy” in a children’s phone game.

Enjoy some stylish Gengar wallpaper during this holiday season and laugh at those punk suckas wasting their time raiding for Darkrai instead of celebrating the greatest Pokemon of all time.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
Are you accusing me of not having a 100% Gengar???

Shameful.

Also these are essential footwear for all Pokemon Go raids. You are guaranteed to have at least 72% more fun if you wear them to any and all raid battles, especially EX raids.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

Imagine using a pokemon with a shiny version so crap that nobody can tell it’s shiny :allears:

I show up to raids with green mismagi for style

Imagine being this wrong about Pokemon.

Gengar supremacy.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

Parrotine posted:

Imagine a mega shiny so fantastical that Game Freak decides it's too much for SwSh to handle and nukes it from existence!

#NotMyPokemon

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

Norse Code posted:

Having a very lucky couple days!

Ahhhh Cofagrigus, the one Pokemon you can't name itself in the DS games thanks to the language filter.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

Giant_Pupils posted:

https://pokemongolive.com/en/post/gobattleleague-announcement/

Online matchmaking, leagues and more coming in 2020. Pretty cool stuff.

Niantic posted:

Trainers will be able to walk in order to earn entry into the GO Battle League, then battle opponents from around the globe through an online matching system and rise in the ranks of the league.

Wait... what? PVP where entry is restricted based on distance walked IRL?

I mean, through the summer that sounds fine I guess. I like walking down by the beach when it's warm out. But there's more than one season.

*phone sex swing sales skyrocket*

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

DizzyBum posted:

Interesting... Wonder how walking will tie into it.

Battle passes have a chance to appear in the 50km weekly rewards. They take egg slots though so if you fill up on eggs or get 5km/10km eggs in the rewards and run out of slots the battle passes get bumped. You can also buy battle passes for $9.99 each, good for one battle.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

Duckman2008 posted:

I have the only Squirtle that matters, Squirtle with sunglasses.

ACAB.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

Duckman2008 posted:

So I know Sinnoh stones you get through battles. How do you get Unova stones?

:iiam: Thanks to two months of Flower Crown Eevee.

Maybe we'll all find out in November unless they change the weekly research rewards to Pikachu doing the :jerkbag:

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
Yikes. I was walking an insane amount this summer and my peak was still maybe 60-70km walked in a week. Even with a job where you're on your feet and rack up steps that way 100km is a *lot*.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

seiferguy posted:

My local raid group just seems really disinterested these days. It used to be easy to get people to show up, now it's a seemingly more rare occurrence :(

The weather changing plus a series of incredibly dumb decisions by Niantic isn’t helping here either. Two months of Eevee research rewards hurt the game real bad at a time when they needed a hook to keep people playing in the rain/colder weather.

It’s only going to get worse for the next several months as standing around waiting for raids gets less tolerable. For anyone who lives in a place that gets snow the rewards have to be significant to even bother.

Plus they nuked sooooooo many spawns in residential areas the game is pretty much unplayable in large sections of town. In the past you’d log in at home just to see if anything cool popped up. That’s completely gone, there’s almost no incentive to open the app unless you’re going out.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

Wheany posted:

Freezing weather has just completely killed this game. The only pokemon that will get knocked out of gyms are ones that can be reached from a warm place or at least strictly on the way to a place. Nobody will take a 20 step detour to take a gym.

Yeah, weather dipped below freezing here today so Pokemon Go will be in hibernation for the winter months.

They’d be smart to develop more single player stuff you can do indoors to keep people engaged through the winter months.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Cobalion coming to raids starting on Nov 4.

:effort:

Ok.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
They’re not great, but they’re not “barely bothered to hand in research tasks for two months” bad. I think I got the seven day reward twice in the two months Eevee was up. :effort:

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
The only sane way to play Pokémon Go in places with real winter is in a car.

It’s kinda shocking that Niantic didn’t identify “hey this game is pretty much unplayable several months of the year in large parts of the world” as a challenge that needed to be addressed in year one. Some playable from home content to keep people hooked over the winter months would probably make them a bunch of money.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
It was nice of Niantic to send a push message to let me know all the spawns will be trash today.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Lots of preview videos on the new buddy system, including a kid destroying a squirtle plushie
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4tU_D0e2auE&t=0s

That might be one of the most depressing videos I’ve ever seen. :stare:

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

DJ Fuckboy Supreme posted:

If adventure sync counts steps towards your distance total, would using an elliptical machine work? It'd give me an excuse to do cardio at the gym.

Yeah baby you can do it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SowxsXTTDo4

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
An hour of increased Poochyena spawns?

Sounds like a perfect time to put the phone down and make dinner instead.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

Dr. Abysmal posted:

It was double catch candy so I used a mystery box instead and got like 700 meltan candy.

drat, that would have been a good idea. I actually want to farm a good PVP IV Meltan now that I’m playing again.

RIP me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
Extremely hype for Gastly Community Day! :woop:

Was getting worried toward the end of the poll the bizarre Weedle cultists would cost us the best possible Community Day. Doing one in June and the other in July is a good compromise solution.

Gonna require a ton of caffeine and both my devices to farm the everliving hell out of Gastly Day! I’ve already got one perfect Lick Gengar from the Gengar raid events, but you can never have too many of the best Pokemon in the entire franchise. :woop: