Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beastyfella
Mar 5, 2008

I have lost all powers of reading comprehension and counting ability hours ago
Poor shiny Gengar has the same issue

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beastyfella
Mar 5, 2008

Sometimes I feel like a weirdo for bringing 3 phones to raids during the week (my 2 kids play, but not during work/school hours), but it's nice to tell a group that can't quite handle a boss that I/we are coming, since it makes it trivial at that point.

Beastyfella
Mar 5, 2008

Best grocery run in a while. Found a wild Deino! Not great, but a lucky trade will fix that.

Beastyfella
Mar 5, 2008

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

The monkey regionals are also tied to the usual weather/biome stuff, which means everyone in the continental US who doesn’t live close to a lake or coast is SOL when it comes to getting one.

Depending on how you feel about the monkeys, this may be a blessing or a curse.

I live in the desert and people are finding them randomly. More have been found near dry washes, but quite a few near no water at all.

Beastyfella
Mar 5, 2008

My luck is looking up, it seems. Yesterday I caught a gollet and a shiny Oddish. This morning I found a wild Golurk!

Beastyfella
Mar 5, 2008

Can everyone in the US (lv40, I'm assuming) review nominations now? I have reviewed some from the Southwest US and also Mexico. Thanks Google Translate and my bad Spanish skills!

Beastyfella
Mar 5, 2008

Now I get the "not available in your country" message instead when I logged in to it

Beastyfella
Mar 5, 2008

Wheany posted:

"How the gently caress did we manage to have daily raids for Giratina and now we struggle to get a raid organized every other day"
-Me, IRL, today

Giratina was really easy with 3 people, and people are shiny crazy. Darkrai is a tough 4 man, or an ok 5 man with good teams. I'm glad I did a raid hour and got a few more. Got 5 out of 5 so far but I wouldn't mind a couple more.

Beastyfella
Mar 5, 2008

Heatmor came out at the same time as the rest of the new stuff. It's just fairly rare

Beastyfella
Mar 5, 2008

You know it's a fake post, right?

Beastyfella
Mar 5, 2008

I didn't waste money on the pass, but did a couple raids. Registeel, in sunny, with lock on and hyper beam is hilarious against chandelure. It almost lasted the whole fight.

Beastyfella
Mar 5, 2008

Haven't tried a team leader yet but here's my load out

Cliff
Machamp
swampert - Mud shot / hydro pump swampert
Ice mamoswine

Sierra
Machamp
Melmetal - thundershock Rock slide / flash cannon
Ttar - bite, crunch / stone edge

Arlo
Melmetal - same one as above
Mamoswine - powder snow, ancient power/bulldoze
Blaziken - counter, blast burn/focus blast

Provides good resists all around, and plenty of coverage and energy generation.
Not enough candy to get my one riolu leveled up for power up punch/shadow ball

Beastyfella
Mar 5, 2008

Melmetal beats the poo poo out of Snorlax, and has enough left over in the tank to dish out a flash cannon or two on tyranitar. Worth the second move cost.

Beastyfella
Mar 5, 2008

Thunder shock, rock slide and flash cannon

I've got one riolu, and stupidly evolved it before teaching it a second attack so now it costs 75 candy. Also I burned a ton of TMs and still dont have power up punch.

Beastyfella
Mar 5, 2008

Yeah, as riolu it's 25.

Beastyfella
Mar 5, 2008

Mankey is better than cobalion.

I've now eaten the candy cost to give Lucario a second move, and after 12+ TMs I still dont have Power Up Punch to go with my shadowball

Beastyfella
Mar 5, 2008

I beat the crap out of Arlo first try. He had Scyther, Gyarados, and Scizor. That Scyther was a good shield baiter and charged really fast.

Melmetal trashed him, put a good dent in Gyarados. Mamoswine with ancient power finished it off. Blaziken finished off Scizor but it was close.

Finally got power up punch on Lucario, so I think I'm pretty set now.

Beastyfella
Mar 5, 2008

Saw a video where Lucario soloed cliff. I need to power mine up more

Beastyfella
Mar 5, 2008

It's a maxed high IV Lucario. Use power up punch to make Counter hit like a truck. It barely made it out with a sliver of health. It used power up punch smartly to cancel/delay upcoming enemy charge moves.

Edit:. Someone beat Sierra with a great league poliwrath. Mud shot, power up punch / ice punch

Sneasel, sableye, houndoom

Beastyfella fucked around with this message at 23:20 on Nov 10, 2019

Beastyfella
Mar 5, 2008

Roselia has been available as a shiny for a long time. There was an event weekend for it

Beastyfella
Mar 5, 2008

The going theory is that announcement was their half assed explanation for why they hosed up the spawns, not that they just did something today.

But hey, buddy V2 probably coming soon

Beastyfella
Mar 5, 2008

No, this is the official announcement of the lovely change that happened a while back

Beastyfella
Mar 5, 2008

I believe it's somewhere around 1:120 something. Not horrible, but probably not with going crazy about.

Beastyfella
Mar 5, 2008

A good day yesterday. I hatched a riolu and the kid hatched a gible. There goes all our luck.

Beastyfella
Mar 5, 2008

Luckily we still have a fairly good group of approvers in town. Thanks to wayfarer and a dedicated person, we got a stop approved after like 7 months in limbo. Right near my office, too! Hoping the surge keeps up for a bit longer. We're knocking out every good POI we can find between a group of about 5 of us.

Beastyfella
Mar 5, 2008

They're probably just gating it for now. Considering how easy it is to get to 40 with friends, and also the amount of absolute poo poo nominations in the system currently, they didn't want to flood it with even more garbage than there already is.

I really want to just low vote people begging for stops, but so long as their submissions are good I'll keep to downvoting stuff like pizza boxes in people's houses and lawn statues.

Beastyfella
Mar 5, 2008

Update looks kind of fun so far. Forcing a new stop visit for a heart is kinda lame. Looks like 1, 7, 15, 30 day minimum to get those level ups

Beastyfella
Mar 5, 2008

It looks like best buddy CP is pretty negligible overall. Good way to take your almost perfect fighter and overcome that last half level or so i guess.

Beastyfella
Mar 5, 2008

DJ Fuckboy Supreme posted:

Shoot, that's pretty dece. I've been buddies with my shiny klink just for the candy, gonna swap out for my garchomp after :getin:

From what I've read, the gains for levels 41-45 are pretty negligible. Sounds like a pretty big diminishing returns.

Edit: I think you get 3% more CP at lv 45 vs lv 40. It really is not much unless you're close to a breakpoint for damage in a shortman raid or a close PvP battle (mayyyyybe).

Beastyfella fucked around with this message at 22:08 on Dec 19, 2019

Beastyfella
Mar 5, 2008

It counted for me. You just have to have the Pokemon "out" and fed.

Beastyfella
Mar 5, 2008

It won't be sableye anymore!

Beastyfella
Mar 5, 2008

I tested out a poffin, and went on a 10 mile run. I did the other things to gain hearts and I definitely had excited state for way longer than 3 hours. Maybe I banked enough points to stay well above 32 for that time.

Beastyfella
Mar 5, 2008

I'm happy with my desk bike at work. It's one of those low profile things that just barely fits without me hitting my knees on the desk itself. Every 10 miles counts as about 2km or so. Not a great exchange rate, but I do 30-50 miles a day on it.

Beastyfella
Mar 5, 2008

tildes posted:

Can you link this bike? I’m so impressed by the amount of biking this implies.

desk cycle 2

Beastyfella
Mar 5, 2008

Strap your phone to your leg or foot. It won't count mile for mile but you'll get some kind of credit.

Beastyfella
Mar 5, 2008

Hey, it's a month where you don't have to do any research if you don't want to.

In other news, my kid got a shiny hat Raticate

Beastyfella
Mar 5, 2008

That's what happens when multiple bosses are pretty worthless or easily beaten with strong duos. Hoping they release a popular boss soon. The legendary dragons will get a lot of attention, especially kyurem black since it's incredibly strong

Beastyfella
Mar 5, 2008

You can auto catch with the ball, too. Use the strap and tighten over the button.

Beastyfella
Mar 5, 2008

Getting tired of reviewing in wayfarer when most of my recent submissions get rejected for dumb reasons (duplicate, when not a duplicate. Safe access when there's a sidewalk right there, etc).

I like the abuse reporting option that's in there now but I'd like to do abuse of human stupidity and laziness in voting, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beastyfella
Mar 5, 2008

Yet again, the "cool buddy interaction" feature is better (less a waste of time and batteries) when you skip AR+. I tried the group photo thing one time and never touched it again. I know that all this stuff is really just steps towards Pokemon in the real world with occlusion tech, but I wonder how much people will use that when it's ready.