Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Old Swerdlow
Jul 24, 2008
Mewtwo is classified as a legendary in PoGo. He pops up for me when I search “legendary.”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Old Swerdlow
Jul 24, 2008
I am one of those jerks that got a shiny mewtwo from their first raid.

Old Swerdlow
Jul 24, 2008
It was the obvious choice for community day. The rotate between a starter Pokémon and a 10km egg Pokémon. Trapinch is the last 10km egg Pokémon from gen 3.

Old Swerdlow
Jul 24, 2008
Litwick → Lampent → Chandelure
Pansear → Simisear
Pansage → Simisage
Panpour → Simipour

Old Swerdlow
Jul 24, 2008

angrygodofjebus posted:

Finally hatched a Ferroseed from a 10k egg....and he sucks :sigh:

We’re you expecting him to be good? Unless a Pokémon is a legendary or pseudo-legendary they are complete trash for PvE.

Meta relevant Pokémon are already known about months before they are added to the game.

These are the best Unova Pokémon to keep an eye out for once they are added to the game.

https://pokemongo.gamepress.gg/pokemon-go-gen-5-movesets-winners-and-losers

And these are the best attackers by type.

https://pokemongo.gamepress.gg/best-attackers-type

Old Swerdlow
Jul 24, 2008

angrygodofjebus posted:

I was just hoping for not trash IV, especially since this was the first one I'd encountered anywhere. 10k eggs should be better imo

Luckily IV’s don’t influence much.

https://pokemongohub.net/post/wiki/ivs-and-their-influence/

“Based on the way IVs affect damage output, the difference that 100% IVs make compared to 0% IVs is around 10%, i.e. they will last around 10% longer, deal around 10% more damage, and resist around 10% more damage.”

Rarely are you using a 0% IV Pokémon, and even then how much does 10% extra really matter?

Old Swerdlow
Jul 24, 2008
Shiny Pokémon are not new and interesting content and I’m frustrated that Niantic has a boner for drip-feeding them to us in place of new research and activities to do.

I’d love if they did monthly special research. It doesn’t have to be anything special or amazing. Niantic already has no problems giving away free shiny’s through it, why not make it a monthly themed release?

Old Swerdlow
Jul 24, 2008

Entropist posted:

https://pokemongohub.net/post/news/global-event-ticket-item-added-and-legendary-golems-image-discovered/amp/

So now that Niantic is introducing the first paid Pokemon with this upcoming 'global event', how much :10bux: do we think it will cost to complete our Pokédex?

$0.

Just like most legendaries, whatever this Pokémon is will be released later on in the future in another way for players to catch it. It’s all dependent on how patient you are.

Old Swerdlow
Jul 24, 2008
Niantic must have changed the way they choose EX gyms because the three gyms all beside each other two minutes from my house are all EX gyms now. My local discord is saying that over 18 gyms suddenly turned into EX gyms yesterday.

Old Swerdlow
Jul 24, 2008

Psion posted:

i know a dude with over 5 million personally, i'm sure there's someone out there with 500 million because someone's always that crazy

I’ve got over 3 million and I’m fairly casual playing this game. It helps to only power up pokemon you are only going to use for raids. Having a gotcha is also great to hoover up random garbage while you are out and about.

Old Swerdlow
Jul 24, 2008
I’m curious to see if Darkrai can be duo’d. From what I’ve seen on the Silph road reddit it looks like an easy trio.

Old Swerdlow
Jul 24, 2008
Mine hasn’t stopped working yet with the updates.

Easiest suggestion would be to uninstall the game, restart your phone and re-do everything. But knowing Niantic it’s probably a problem on their end.

Old Swerdlow
Jul 24, 2008

Cowslips Warren posted:

My Plus still won't connect.

Saw that McDonalds has Pokemon toys! ....which are not figurines like the past ones but loving discs with pokemon stickers on them so you can shoot them at people.

Someone seriously needs to bring back the bags from the first movie.

The gold Pokémon cards from Burger King ruled.

https://youtu.be/T7wjeDdSy_s

Old Swerdlow
Jul 24, 2008
The 50km reward already is so loving terrible.

Old Swerdlow
Jul 24, 2008
The egg pools are straight garbage. I wonder how bad of spaghetti code Pokémon Go is that seem incapable of adding different eggs.

Old Swerdlow
Jul 24, 2008
I hope I can catch a five star raid with the new legendary before interest die by the weekend. Can’t imagine people wanting to grind hard to catch a Pokémon worse than aggron.

Old Swerdlow
Jul 24, 2008
Gotcha’s are perfect for the winter.

Old Swerdlow
Jul 24, 2008

slave to my cravings posted:

Contemplating building a little free library and installing in the neighborhood common area near our house. Those things are always gyms or pokestops.

A couple people in my town started to do that this past year once someone learned of that loophole.

Old Swerdlow
Jul 24, 2008
I’m annoyed that in Wayfarer if you tag a submission as a duplicate it just skips it instead of letting you decide which one is better.

Old Swerdlow
Jul 24, 2008
Lame, I got a 24 hour cooldown on my Wayfairer account for reviewing too many submissions too quickly.

Old Swerdlow
Jul 24, 2008
It’s almost as if it is a major problem having both games share the exact same map data when the player bases have drastically different gameplay motivations.

Old Swerdlow
Jul 24, 2008
You need to be level 40.

Old Swerdlow
Jul 24, 2008

Johnny Joestar posted:

i know absolutely jack poo poo about competitive stuff for this game, but i have a near max-stat clefable which is one of my favorite pokemon and i was wondering if it's even remotely useful in general for fighting.

It’s not bad for a gym defender but fairy type just don’t have a ton of use.

Old Swerdlow
Jul 24, 2008

Ballz posted:

Did my first Team Rocket Leader battle today and got absolutely murdered. Any advice because my t-tars and metagrosses were getting obliterated by meowths and flygons

This is good resource to know the best counters for every line up.

https://gamepress.gg/pokemongo/team-go-rocket-leader-guide-defeating-sierra#teamGORocketGuides

Old Swerdlow
Jul 24, 2008
So far the pattern has been starter and then a Pokémon from 10km eggs.

Old Swerdlow
Jul 24, 2008

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

Not always, unless Swinub was in 10ks and I missed it— the only consistent tell is “doesn’t have a shiny yet”. For sure they’re keeping Rhyhorn in their pocket for a CD given that we still haven’t seen a shiny yet, Abra was added but apparently as a mistake so that’s a strong contender too.

Yeah it’s not a 100% consistent pattern but it’s the best predictor. There are definitely exceptions like Mammoswine which was to celebrate year of the pig.

Old Swerdlow
Jul 24, 2008
Are there any remotely useful bonus’ to bother with engaging with the buddy system? The rewards sound very vague.

Old Swerdlow
Jul 24, 2008

Cowslips Warren posted:

Are there any mon I should be using for this new buddy system? Been alting between my Lucarios and a Psystrike Mewtwo. No idea how many hearts/days you need to get to the second tier.

The benefits are so minuscule, so just pick a dude you’d like to have follow you around.

Old Swerdlow
Jul 24, 2008

Drunk Nerds posted:

Lol it's now 10-0 in terms of her winning sinnoh stones in pvp and me not getting any. Am I doing something wrong? I just pull up a battle against my wife in the lowest league (she's only level 10) and spam attacks until I win. My item bag isn't full or anything.

It’s pure RNG. Rewards are the same win or lose and the league doesn’t matter.

Old Swerdlow
Jul 24, 2008

DJ Fuckboy Supreme posted:

But does the 50k track until next thursday, or do I have to walk another 30k by 9am monday morning?

It’s a two week event. You will need to walk 50k by Jan 6 and 13 for the boosted Adventure Sync rewards.

Old Swerdlow
Jul 24, 2008

CubeTheory posted:

Is the Pokeball Plus thing worth it? I'd love opinions from anyone that has one.

https://www.go-tcha.co.uk

Get the gotcha. It’s smaller, rechargeable and can auto-catch Pokémon.

I can’t imagine playing this game without it.

Old Swerdlow
Jul 24, 2008

CubeTheory posted:

How do they work? Do they just use your lowest pokeball? What is their catch rate like? Do you have any control over what it catches, or does it just catch everything?

It only uses pokeballs. I throws one and you catch it or not and the Pokémon flees. On the gotcha you can disable/enable it to catch new Pokémon you don’t have or just a blanket catch everything.

https://youtu.be/1F50QxKVsto

Here is a good overview video of it in use.

If you are worried there is a zero percent chance of being banned using a third-party device.

Old Swerdlow
Jul 24, 2008

Johnny Joestar posted:

cool, i'm glad they arbitrarily decided to get rid of one of the few gyms i had relatively easy access to overnight, and one that was on a public fountain and regularly contested

this game is really trying to make me stop giving a poo poo about it, huh

It seems like something fucky is going on in the game is shuffling up gyms and moving them around.

I noticed everything being out of sorts last night and people on the silph road are noticing it too.

Old Swerdlow
Jul 24, 2008

Johnny Joestar posted:

is there even really a reason for why these event things they do last all of 3 hours or is it basically just 'get hosed unless you spend money or have no job'

It’s always been a situation that if you don’t work a Monday to Friday 9-5 job, you can go get hosed.

Old Swerdlow
Jul 24, 2008

pathetic little tramp posted:

I got a 5k egg from my 50k rewards today lol gently caress

5km eggs are from the 25km reward pool.

Old Swerdlow
Jul 24, 2008

Centzon Totochtin posted:

Walked well over 50 km this week and have 4 egg slots open but I got zero eggs and 3 silver pinap instead this morning?

The eggs are not a guaranteed drop, it’s pulled from a pool of items.

Old Swerdlow
Jul 24, 2008
Niantic’s 2020 Pokémon Go content plan:

Old Swerdlow
Jul 24, 2008
Wow, happy to find out that Audino still spawns in the wild after the Valentines Day event.

Old Swerdlow
Jul 24, 2008

PathAsc posted:

Quarantine + Go-tcha is good

Same.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Old Swerdlow
Jul 24, 2008
I got a shiny sudowoodo on the first one I saw today, neato.