Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

PK posted:

Lol next community day will be Trapinch

Flygon owns, I am all about this :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

The people complaining vs. fine with it in my local discord seem to be split along the line of "did you get burned by getting a bazillion trapinch out of 10km eggs at some point in the past"

I'm sitting on hundreds of Trapinch candy from getting loads of them out of 10ks and i'm still fine with it :v:

Flygon is basically discount Garchomp since they're both Dragon / Ground and since I doubt i'll ever get a drat Gible with my luck, I'll gladly take more Flygons :allears:

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

Macaluso posted:

Pokemon being able to run away in general is a bad mechanic I wish wasn't in the game

:agreed:

During Armored Mewtwo raids we had a group of 11+ and less than half got theirs. If you put in the work to do a Legendary raid and succeed, you should just get the drat boss. Going through all that effort and work only to have it refuse to stay in the ball and run so you end up wasting all that time is dumb as hell.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

Managed to luck out and get two shiny Trapinch! Evolved one into Flygon, saving the other for my gf since she didn't get any. But, that's not the highlight of my Community Day:

:getin:

He ended up with Bite / Stone Edge / Crunch after some TM'ing and grabbing a second charge move :allears:

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

DJ Fuckboy Supreme posted:

I got two 10ks hatching and I don't like the bad vibes itt tyvm

Putting money on a 2* Slakoth being one of them!

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

There goes all my shiny luck for the next year :v:

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

seiferguy posted:

I got a Dratini for my 50km 10km egg, jfc

Same here. And my last couple of non-AS 10ks have been nothing but Mawiles and like one Golett :sigh:

Meanwhile one of my friends hatched not only a Gible, but a shiny Gible at that :argh:

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

angrygodofjebus posted:

I'd kill for a tepig nest. I've been walking my Pignite for loving ever. Finally only a few candies away from evolving him after walking like 100km with him as my buddy.

I'm closing in on 400k and still only halfway to Klinklang. I feel your pain :v:

T1g4h fucked around with this message at 22:38 on Jan 9, 2020

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

DizzyBum posted:

Have you perhaps considered just hoarding a lot of rare candy and force-feeding them instead?

I'm hoarding mine on the off chance i get a Gible one of these years. No sense dumping them into a Klinklang that i'm only getting for Dex completion :v:

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

seiferguy posted:

Timburr is in 50km 10k eggs, FYI.

Wait, you mean you can get something other than Dratini and Beldum from those? :thunk:

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

CubeTheory posted:

Do I get any cool club patches or badges for being stopped and hassled by the police? Or does it have to happen ten times before I get the badge?

The local cops know me by name and recognize my car from how often i've been questioned at this point. I think i've even converted a few into playing :v:

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

Beastyfella posted:

Wow, buncha junk spawns for this set of events and research. At least increased lucky stuff is back again. Why did they decide to put trash in 7k eggs along with darumaka?

You shut your filthy mouth, Shuckle is not trash :colbert:

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

DJ Fuckboy Supreme posted:

If I'm reading the event notes correctly, lucky trades may occur even if you're not best friends with the person you're trading with?

That's always been possible afaik. My girlfriend and I have gotten 3 so far and we're still like 2 weeks out from Best.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

Re: the shadow Pokemon IV discussion earlier

I am all for them having IV floors because god drat what a useless Absol :sigh:

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

First 7k egg of the event! I'm so excited :woop:

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

Thanks for the Double Raid XP bonus hour where no raids actually spawned at any of the gyms around me Niantic :waycool:

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

Egg hatches seem oddly better as well. Got a 14/14/13 Gible, a 15/14/15 Absol, and a 13/14/15 Golett out of my last few 10ks. It's kinda rad.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

Just picked up a Go-Tcha Evolve yesterday, right in time for the spawns to turn to absolute garbage :lol:

Honestly, who thought "Oops All Mankeys" was a good idea? :v:

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

Wheany posted:

I think all those pokemon in your screenshot are decent in pvp (exept skitty?).

If I didn't already have multiples of each it wouldn't be as bad :v:

Like, I already have a Lucky Primeape set up for Great League as-is. Mankeys weren't exactly rare even before this weekend spawn event :v:

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

seiferguy posted:

Nearly got the worst stats for genesect lol gently caress me

I feel your pain. Every reward i got from that quest line was 2* except for the Durant :sigh:

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

Hannibal Rex posted:

They have to keep it somewhat accessible for new players who haven't finished the quest to evolve a Milotic.

They could just move it to the 5k or 2k pool where it really should be :v:

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

New update seems to be causing a ton of graphical glitches on my end. Looks almost like artifacting or something, lots of weird stretchy polygons and textures freaking out. Good poo poo! :allears:

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

Coq au Nandos posted:

MY PERFECT LORD

This fuckin owns, holy poo poo.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

On the subject of stops, there's a park about an hour from me that has, no joke, 4 or 5 gyms and 20+ stops in it. It's obscenely awesome.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I ended up with 4 (terrible) Joltik, 2 shiny Sentret, and a shiny Onix. Ehhh.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

Gf finished community day with a whopping 16 shiny Abra, I managed 8 myself so I'm definitely not upset by those results :allears:

Also got a non-shiny that ended up being 15/15/14 so i'd call today a success!

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

Yup! I just did a Lanturn raid from home and it worked pretty much flawlessly.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

Do we know what this month's research breakthrough reward is? Still Alolan Exeggutor or have they announced something different?

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

Mustached Demon posted:

Hope it's something different because you can get tallboi in 2* raids.

One of my friends just said it's gonna be Shinx so hooray for that!

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

These spotlight events continue to be really underwhelming without boosted shiny rates. I think i got 1 decent 3* Shellder out of the entire hour and a bunch of garbage otherwise :sigh:

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

Auxiliary Treats posted:

https://pokemongolive.com/post/pokecoinupdate

Testing out changes to the gym system (in Australia only). The normal 6 coins per hour rate is cut to 2 per hour and the daily limit is increased to 55. There’s a list of daily tasks that if you complete all of them you earn a whopping 5 coins.

Jesus christ. So you'd have to defend a gym for 28 hours to hit the daily max. That seems a bit ridiculous.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

Why are all of his Fast move options so bad?

Also, for Ice types, I just popped a Glacial Lure on a nearby stop and got a Spheal pretty quickly. Same with Steel / Electric, just popped a Magnet. If you're not able to hit stops I imagine it's gonna be a bit trickier, yeah, but if you're able to get out and hit one easily the Lure options make it relatively painless at least :v:

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

mastershakeman posted:

They're so loving allergic to doing the 10km egg guys we used to see on cdays, this stinks

Most people still don't have garchomp, let alone deino and axew evolves

Hell, I don't even have an Axew at all! At least I have a really good Garchomp and a trash 0 star Deino though :v:

I guess I won't feel bad about skipping this community day.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

Sinnoh research is live and at one point it requires you to catch a Ground type. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the only Gen 4 ground types that spawn in the wild are Hippopotas and Gible, yeah? There's not many Gen 4 ground types at all.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

Page... 6? 7? Has a step to Evolve a Pokemon. You get a guaranteed Gible from it! :woop:

Also I'm convinced my girlfriend is hacking now :v:

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

LumpyGumby posted:

I've got a shadow Magnezone, I'm adding a second move, but should I TM away frustration?

You can't until the next Rocket Takeover event, unfortunately.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

So when are we getting my boy Galarian Farfetch'd? I've got Stunfisk, Meowth, hatched a Darumaka yesterday and a Zigzagoon today, now I need my fighting bird Niantic :colbert:

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

Oh boy. So stickers are both consumables like potions / Pokeballs and they take the place of getting actual good stuff like revives and whatnot out of gifts. That's... not great.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

ZarathustraFollower posted:

So what are stickers actually for?

They go on the little postcard your friend sees when they open a gift. That's it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

Have any of you lot got the special incense feature yet? Apparently once a day it will just automatically spawn a Pokemon for you that nobody else can see so you're guaranteed to at least get one encounter a day. I have zero idea what mine was because my girlfriend was driving at the time and I didn't get a chance to see what popped up :v: