Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

:boom:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

Goddamn you are so lucky. I am very jealous.

Yeah, I'm pretty jazzed with my shiny scotty dog. There was someone on the first page talkin' poo poo about my glorious shiny pup, even if the context was different and his point was understandable, and he can get hosed. I caught a pokedog while walkin' my pokedog, and I also got a really good Mewtwo, and the weather was beautiful.

A good night.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Mustached Demon posted:

Darkrai or bring back giratina-o.

I'm betting on shiny giratina-o. They are getting dangerously close to running out of starter Pokemon, they are going to need to ratchet back their speed if they don't want to be forced to bring out the next gen sooner than they'd want. We will be done with the last generation by Christmas at the current rate, and will be done with tepig, snivy and oshawatt by June. I am suspecting they will be doing a lot of slowing us down and seeing old stuff that didn't get shiny days yet. I bet we get shiny Dialga and Palkia before too long, too. And the Regis. And Heatran.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

T1g4h posted:

I'm sitting on hundreds of Trapinch candy from getting loads of them out of 10ks and i'm still fine with it :v:

Flygon is basically discount Garchomp since they're both Dragon / Ground and since I doubt i'll ever get a drat Gible with my luck, I'll gladly take more Flygons :allears:

With the pattern we have, they will definitely do Gible day. Maybe early next year.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Centzon Totochtin posted:

why would they do a community day for a pokemon they're never going to put in the game

Don't worry, they'll make it so only you can't catch it that day

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Parrotine posted:

Do you really think they're going to do megas after Game Freak gave them the axe this upcoming gen?

they’re gonna do megas, z moves, this new dynamax thing, and whatever other gimmicks the main games do, and they’ll do it as lazily as possible, in a way they can get money out of us.

Speaking of, I shelled out for passes today and went hunting, because I’ll be damned if I let a little thing like no raid hour stop me.

:piss:

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

robziel posted:

:hfive:

I've gotten more King's Rocks in the past seven months than I have Sinno stones.

I'll be honest, having Kanto/Johto stones rather than Upgrades and King's rocks and Sun stones would be a nice quality of life improvement.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Entropist posted:

I've never seen a sponsored stop ever. I guess they don't exist in Europe?

And yeah, I still have some spawns at my place but I recently moved to this place which is very close to one of the biggest cluster spawns of my city, which has a history of spawning rare things from other biomes, and that's gone now... It's where everyone came to find Mareep and Bagon and stuff when they were still rare, and it spawned a huge amount of stuff.

Do you go to any Sprint stores or Starbucks’s? Those are where I see sponsored stops around my area in ‘Merica.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Kheldarn posted:

Isn't that what it was last year, too?

I thought it was “catch 108 Pokémon” last year?

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
Anyone have any clue what this email is about? Further team rocket tomfoolery, or the beginnings of remote battling?

quote:

Date: 10/22/19

Subject: [Willow Report] Mysterious Components

During my investigations of these take-overs, I came across these strange objects that Team GO Rocket Grunts would drop upon being defeated in battle. For the sake of this report, I will refer to them as Mysterious Components. The exteriors of these objects seem to be made of some metal alloy, and they’re cold to the touch. The glass screens radiate a light-purple color. I touched the screen of one of the objects to see if it would react, but nothing happened.

I had a hunch that the Team GO Rocket Grunts were using some sort of device to take over PokéStops and collect resources. Based on what I know so far, these Mysterious Components I’ve found seem to be able to serve that purpose. But considering how advanced this technology is, there must be another use for it. I’ve been working on something in my lab with the help of the team leaders, and I think we might be able to use these components to track down where Team GO Rocket is hiding. I need to continue my research. We must get to the bottom of this.

—Professor Willow

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
I am just surprised they didn't go back and remove the evolution stuff from generation 1. Time to grind rocket stops or pvp or whatever for Kanto, Johto, and hoenn stones. :getin:

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
So, what is the best moveset for Darkrai? My friend who is very pogo-fixated is telling me to go shadow ball and do it now before they remove it, but I'm all about STAB, typically.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Louisgod posted:

On my iPhone X the game constantly has a red notification over the app that says "2" and I can't figure out why. Any ideas?

Pokegenie just came out with a update that allows you to get your IV numbers through a banner popup rather than taking a screenshot. It doesn't work well yet for me.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
Pretty good Darkrai night. Is the EX Raid this weekend gonna be Mewtwo, or will it be switched over to anything, liiiiike maybe Regigigas?

(I know, a lot to hope for, but I'll take another Mewtwo as well)

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Parrotine posted:

When do we get pokeJesus, I want answers Niantic

I am eager for another crack at Dialga and Palkia, and I want Arceus too. I am not looking forward to raiding in the cold though. Ugh.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
I've got a recently caught and purified 100% bulbasaur and 100% turtwig just ready and a-waitin' for that weekend. As well as a 96% metang, a couple of high-80s charmanders, a 93 Wartortle, a lucky croconaw, swinub out the rear end... It's mostly stuff they did this year that I don't have the candy for, actually.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Johnny Joestar posted:

these research tasks to make new friends kind of suck since i don't want to be posting my code everywhere. :(

I bit off more than I could chew at first and made a shitton of friends in game and now I have no idea who was a random person I met on SA, in person at a community day, or on Facebook. So many of them are stuck at low friendship levels. :(

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
Can you TM community day moves on the day? I have a 98 Venusaur with Solar BEam and I'd like it to have Frenzy Plant.

I also have a 100% purified Bulbasaur waiting to get levelled on Community Day :getin:

Also, why are they doing a raid hour for Rocket Stops? I get the in-game functionality and that people need shadow pokemon to purify for the quest but as an event, that sounds really not fun.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Johnny Joestar posted:

i'm guessing that if i have no aspirations of pvp competitiveness then i probably don't need to get a bunch of eevees trained up. i probably want a glaceon since it's my favorite, but beyond that i'm in no hurry.

Glaceon was helpful as hell during the Rayquaza raids. I’ve got like five of them because of how helpful Glaceon was. Maybe it’ll be useful in a future set of raids?

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Wheany posted:

On the other hand, my level 40 machamp with cross chop soloed a porygon-porygon2-snorlax team rocket grunt, which my level 33 PuP lucario can't do.

So grind that lucario to level 40 and tell us again what you think. :getin:

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Kantesu posted:

big daddy Dialga

Since someone has mentioned Dialga, Niantic has been really dragging their feet about bringing that one and Palkia back out, along with the shiny. Do people think we will be seeing them in the new year, or is there some holiday or something they might be linked to? I only have one Dialga and it’s got crap stats, I want a better one.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

flatluigi posted:

which pokemon should I absolutely evolve right now for community day

Beldum and starters, esp. grass and fire starters. Bulbasaur, Turtwig, Charmander, Torchic.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Hauki posted:

cool, thanks

just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing any other (un)obvious evolutions

This may change as they roll out more of the generation, but as of right now, the only unova stone evolutions are Chandelure and Pansear/Pansage/Panpour, the elemental region-locked monkey pokemon.

Related, one of my friends is absolutely convinced they will do a Chandelure/Litwick community day. Has there been anything pointing in that direction, or is it wishful thinking on his part?

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

That Lugia video makes me think I am gonna get confused as hell if I have anything more common as my buddy

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Duckman2008 posted:

Community day moves are definitely the truth. I was lucky to have off on Beldum day and my 4 Meta Grosses with Meteor Mash are awesome (I didn’t get as lucky on other days like Blaziken or Swampert).

Swampert is the one that stings for me. I have some, but they're all 3 star pokemon with 2 perfects and one crap stat. 15/7/15 doesn't feel as good as, say, 12/13/14 or something like that.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

mastershakeman posted:

I got two oshawotts yesterday and was super pumpedn

Why? Wait like three months and you’ll have a community day to get as many as you want. That’s the problem with giving a poo poo about starters IMO, they basically don’t matter until their CD

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

where the gently caress is my shiny altered origin giratina gently caress

or palkia or dialga

jfc I just want some poo poo that’s actually useful and that I don’t already have a bunch of

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
Has anyone managed to figure out the “visit a new place with your buddy” thing? Is it a poke stop you have never visited? A stop that buddy hasn’t been to? Something else?

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
If they do a “pick one deino/gibble/litwick/klink” vote, I am gonna lose my poo poo

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Arquinsiel posted:

The one nice thing about the Shadow mons is that when you purify them their stats are guaranteed to go up, so when I pulled a 15/15/14 Polywag I was :woop:

Yeah but when you get a 0/2/4 shadow Pokémon like the majority of mine are, then there’s no point to bothering to purify them unless there is a quest that needs that.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Too bad you can’t even throw them the gently caress away

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

DizzyBum posted:

It'd be nice if they did like HPWU and had daily login rewards with the occasional free incubator. Or give us a second infinite incubator upon reaching level 40 or paying a boatload of coins or something.

At least they occasionally have events where you can get daily one-use incubators from pokestops, but they are so few and far between.

Why they don’t let us buy more poo poo with coins is beyond me

Let me buy more incubators, more egg slots, more gift slots. That would make Niantic oodles of money.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
Is Torniero a person on here? I’ve been waiting for the final gift-opening to become best friends for weeks now. Just open the gift, I’ll take 100k experience or 200k experience, either way is fine.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Arquinsiel posted:

I caught a wild Minccino on the way to work this morning, so I guess you should all have just not bothered with the research like I did.

Also, anyone else seeing this bug? None of these gyms should be here, they all have moved from several hundred metres away.

endlessmonotony posted:

"gently caress Niantic none of their poo poo works."

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

CubeTheory posted:

Judging by these screenshots, are y'all using an app that renames your pokemon to have their IVs on their name? If so, how safe is it and what is it I need that.

Pokegenie on iOS, Calcy on Android, iirc. Pokegenie has a keyboard you can install that will allow you to rename the Pokemon in the Pokemon go app, Android just lets you hook an app straight into it. I've been using pokegenie on my phone for a solid 8 months or so, never had any issues.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
I want you all to know that it’s alright, I don’t look upon you as lessers for how you don’t have this object of majesty and grandeur.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Maker Of Shoes posted:

same.

what the hell do i do with it? why is everyone not shutting up about it?

riolu evolves into lucario, a shockingly good fighting/steel 'mon that was seen as a mascot for a while. Lucario is really good against the Team Rocket leaders, but Lucario is about ten times as good if you give it two charge moves before you evolve it. It has access to Aura Sphere and Power Up Punch, two killer attacks. It costs 25 candy to give Riolu the second move, but 75 candy to give Lucario a second move.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

DizzyBum posted:

A lot of teams are relying on Giratina as a lead or an anchor. I'd say you'll do well enough if you account for that. I haven't seen a single Registeel yet.

I haven't seen Registeel or Giratina but I did see one guy rocking a shiny Metagross.

It didn't like the Blast Burn that I inflicted upon it.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Parrotine posted:

What's a good replacement for Ampharos? Just toying around with my Articuno/Ampharos/Snorlax set and wanna try something that can cover the same areas as Amp without being so frail

I was having good luck with Electivire or Magnezone. No dragon coverage but solid electric output.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

JUST MAKING CHILI posted:

Ok I should have said this first time around. Here’s the legendaries on my alt. What should I trade myself?

5x Articuno
6x Zappos
5x Moltres (1 shiny)
9x Mewtwo (no shadow ball)
5x Raikou
4x Entei
2x Suicune
3x Lugia
2x Ho-oh
2x Regirock
2x Regice
1x Registeel
4x Latios
1x Kyogre
6x Groudon
1x Rayquaza
1x Azelf
1x Dialga
1x Heatran
1x Giratina (origin forme)
1x Cresselia

Do you raid, PVP, both or neither?

As someone who likes raiding the most, I'd say Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza, Dialga, Giratina or Moltres, especially the shiny Moltres.

My Moltres and my Giratinas have seen a lot of use.