Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

These new mon are pretty cute. Got a 3* angry gopher, and even if they're the new trash at least they're new to me lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

I just got an aerodactyl from "win 5 raids" research.

I've got to do that again and hope that it spawns another?

Fudge.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

mastershakeman posted:

Help I still need those little guys who evolve into loudred

They were extremely uncommon here for the longest time, and now my uni's grounds are lousy with them. Actually found a loudred yesterday. Hopefully the same shift happens where you're at.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

Lol wtf is this goofball

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

Parrotine posted:

REMEMBER ME EDDIE?! WHEN I KILLED YOUR BROTHER?

I TALKED JUST. LIKE. THIIIIIIIIIIIS!

I fuckin knew I recognized that look from somewhere

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

So my map is still dark, which is supposed to help eevee evolve into umbreon "at night." I figure I'm safe, spend two rare candies and get a vaporeon. Three more weeks of research breakthroughs until I can try again.

Lol

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

Stangg posted:

Also if it's your first one you can just use the naming trick to get Umbreon and Espeon.

Couldn't use the nickname trick again

Also I appreciate the advice, clearly a user error I know but annoying all the same! Better prepared next next next week.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

His quick attack is kind of balls, but this is A Good Boy

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

Captain Duvel posted:

Shiny lillipup is that least amount of effort next to Pikachu. If I wasn't paying attention I would have ran.

Related, shiny aron is pretty similar to the standard. The visual effect cued me but I had to look at a normal one to make sure it was different.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

Managed to get a MewTwo, which was pretty nice. Lucked into a raid group that assembled on campus as I left my morning class.Didn't realize raiding was such a good way to grind experience if you've got the passes for it

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

Macaluso posted:

I want to evolve my Murkrow but I haven't ever gotten the item he needs to do it :(

Bad news: honchcrow sucks. Not as hard as yanmega, though. Not much sucks harder than yanmega

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

Mostly I'm just salty over yanmega. Honchcrow reminds me of Orson Welles for some reason.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

"Take 5 snapshots of Eevee" for a pokemon encounter. I wasn't expecting anything exotic, but I had a lol when a gulpin popped up

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

shut up blegum posted:

Decided on a whim to join my local community on a Mewtwo raid. My first raid ever.
Caught it with my first ball, check the stats. 100IV :staredog:

Having lost one MewTwo to bad throws and low catch rate all I can say is jesus, that's some luck! The one I ended up catching was a 2* 80%.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

The last ball absolutely should catch a pokemon. Let a player sweat the idea of losing a high-tier pokemon, but let the last ball catch.

Jk lol gotta keep the reinforcement intermittent so those sweet sweet pokebucks keep a-comin'

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

Of course the second Riolu I hatch ever is from a 10km egg during Gen 5. Thanks Niantic... Not like I wanted a Litwick or a Deino or anything.

I got a 10k egg about to hatch and I reallllllllllly dread it. So many dratinis I made a second dragonite.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

SuperKlaus posted:

Luv 2 walk 50+ km and only get an orange egg reward

Missed my 50km reward by 400m :smuggo:

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

3 elekids in a row from friend eggs. I need an electivire for the dex though so while variety would be nice, it's not all bad. With the incubators going back to normal this week I'm less inclined to play as often, which is also fine.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

Users Smapdo and Froggeryz, we (I'm 2Tall) are gonna become ultra friends on Wednesday. I'm on break before class at 1030am PST if you want to pop an egg for that sweet sweet exp

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

I've been gaming lucky trades with legacy mon, is there another way to prompt them?

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

Got an unova stone from a research breakthrough, though I haven't seen a single mon who would need one.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

Lost a giratina raid today with 5% hp remaining :feelsbad:

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

Glad to know that other folks have lost local spawns as well, I wondered what was up. I'm sure niantic will look into this promptly next year.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

Centzon Totochtin posted:

My distance tracking hasn't been working since yesterday, even when I have the app open as I'm walking to work and spinning stops. Is anyone else having this problem?

Related, I finally got my fit app to sync with go. I'd tried uninstalling and reinstalling the apps and nothing worked. Went into app permissions and switched the location permission off then on again for both, and made sure that all permissions were enabled. This might help you out, with any luck. Opened pogo and it shat out 12k steps and finished my latest hatch.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

I've been mulching so many 2* mon, how many lives could I have saved?

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

Is it too much to hope that this will be revised? I haven't been playing long enough to have a sense of niantics response to player feedback.

E: that tweet speaks volumes to my question lmao

DJ Fuckboy Supreme fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Sep 28, 2019

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

Hannibal Rex posted:

Can someone give me the lowdown on Shadow Pokemons?

Basically, from what I've read up on them, the Return charged attack is pretty mediocre, so I wonder if the 20% stardust and 10% candy discounts they get make up for having to unlock a second attack to get them up to snuff.

As just posted, shadow larvitar is pretty rad if you get one with decent IV pre-purify, since it'll cost less to power up. I have a 794 96% I'm now grinding out the candies for a tyrannitar. Y'know, cause larvitar are so dang common and all.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

Coffee_Break posted:

Finally caught that 50th Psychic or Steel and can move on in the Thousand Year Slumber. How successful is anyone challenging a far away best friend you don't know personally, as I have the "win against another trainer 7 times" task? Just tap "battle" and hope they respond? How timely is the "Friend received 5 items from your gift" or sent you a gift, meaning they're on and playing right then? Don't do trainer battles much as I don't have many local PoGo friends.

1) screenshot your trainer QR code
2) have pokefriend scan said QR code off their computer
3) battle

I had to do the same and it worked for us, but you need to be pretty quick with the send-and-scan, since they seem to refresh quite quickly.we were separated by several kilometers at the time.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

I'm not complaining, mind, but I see a certain pattern when it comes to shiny mon and how useful they are. I've never gotten a high IV shiny mon prior to now lol

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

mastershakeman posted:

It's nice they finally have a hot babe prominently featured . Charizard has never looked better

Hot babes keep the thirst real

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

luv2hatch 10km eggs and get 2* porygon hmbol

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

HookShot posted:

The whole point was to go out and catch pokemon.

Yeah, I go out, I catch a half dozen bellsprout and gulpin, what's your point? please God niantic this spawn nerf is so lame

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

Lucky!

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

"Friend" is a much shorter word for "person you play chicken with trying to remember who trips the advancement"

Completely unrelatedly I would appreciate a "if you open" or "if your friend opens" prompt so we know how to communicate cause I haven't wasted two eggs on gifts or anything.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

The plus problems and spawn nerf are actually niantic's way of driving pokemon rarity up. They call it the visible hand of the market in economics

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

Mustached Demon posted:

Hatched a Porygon gently caress me.

Same friend. Lubricant for the woodchipper.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

I hatched a second gible yesterday. An 84% vs the 82% which had already evolved into a gabite. I'm pretty sure I have found the ultimate first-world problem.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

Welp, big purp here will be fun gym filler

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

Lol at playing this game that much

Just hmbol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

Ayooo It's ya boy MewTwoFan420x69 be sure to smash that like and subscribe button and get on my patreon cause these raid passes are bankrupting me and Starbucks has me on ban for wifi scalping peace