Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Parrotine posted:

Do you really think they're going to do megas after Game Freak gave them the axe this upcoming gen?

They axed them in s/m and then brought them right back in us/um. Watch them do the same drat thing to move units late cycle, just like they've already done.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Parrotine posted:

They didnt axe them in SuMo, its built right there in the game on the last island, you could download the rest off of wifi via codes

Somehow I missed all of that, and I really have no idea how!

Parrotine posted:

In all seriousness though I want them to bring megas to PoGO cause mega beedrill is :krad:

Same but gengar

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Hell yes, I'll finally get one, and my fave

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

iospace posted:

Thankfully it was the first, but that's a nat 1 roll and how.

~niantic~

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

OgreNoah posted:

I wonder why they didn't overlay the existing spawn points with the new spawns and just call it a day? There would have been no complaints about that. No missing spawns and new spawns, everyone wins.

~niantic~

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Just being able to communicate in game would be nice

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

dwarf74 posted:

It's weird because my Gotcha has been working great on Android.

Mustached Demon posted:

Same. It sometimes fails to connect but restarting the app fixes that.

Same here, a good buy

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Goddammit, nothing like throwing tons of good balls at darkrai and not catching the bastard during the first raid, then the second raid the DPS died at the halfway point and I'm pretty sure it was from idiots bailing to start a new group. Our main group wasn't available, so by the time my small group realized what happened it was too late.

Oh well, lesson learned, Discord group is the only one to trust.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

mastershakeman posted:

Yeah I did two different 5 man groups with random and it was a disaster both times. I don't know if everyone afks or what.

Of course, I didn't show up to raid hour on time and did an egg that hatched at 615 and no one was there which is super unusual due to air support being so common. Grr

Yeah, there were 14 of us. It was miserable watching the damage fall off and not know why until it was too late.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

The normal group here I run with we can reliably 6 man darkrai, it just hurts the healing item reserves

Yesterday was an abomination of coordination and I'm an idiot for playing with pubbies

Welp

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

Nah, Darkrai specifically is tagged as Mythical instead of Legendary. Deoxys is the only other thing (I think) that's been in T5 that's had that same tag, but all of the special research stuff (Mew, Jirachi, Celebi) are in the same untradable boat. I don't think it's malicious per se, they made mythicals untradable at a point where Mew/etc were the only ones and (presumably) didn't want people rolling alts and trading themselves mews...but when they pulled over the rest of the mainline games data in terms of what was Mythical vs. not, it's had probably-not-actually-intended consequences.

With Niantic, never attribute malice to incompetence*

*unless it has a price tag on it lol

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Gotcha talk: has anyone had their battery suddenly go to poo poo and discharge completely a few hours after charging whether it's being used or not? Just started a day or so ago, wasn't sure if I was imagining it.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

endlessmonotony posted:

Somewhat normal after 6mo of use, expected after 2y. Also expected immediately after charging it sub-zero.

Some players are adventurous enough to replace the battery.

Thank you! I was thinking to try to replace the battery first, so I may as well do that. I've had it roughly a year and used it constantly, so it's worth trying to fix first.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

endlessmonotony posted:

It requires non-zero soldering but the cell type is pretty common.

I'd just carve the casing to fit in a battery of at least 1wh. The default is 0.15wh.

Mind you the display is glued on in some of them and requires gentle stretching of the adhesive.

EDIT: The battery inside by default is a "40mAh" 401120.

Awesome, thanks!

I figured it would need soldering but that's fine. Did micromin work for years and it's relaxing as hell for me.

I'm tempted to just make a new case from scratch as a fun little project at this point because why not.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

I'm pretty sure my water meter is a better stop than the sponsored ad bullshit. Get at me Niantic.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Did anyone have their character appearance get reset today?

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Hauki posted:

Speaking of research I have one that requires me to trade - is my understanding correct in that you have to be physically near someone else to trade?

Yeah, it's like 100 feet or something

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

I feel like "level 40" was a stupid rule on the wayfarer thing, 35 would've made more sense but ~niantic~

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

angrygodofjebus posted:

loving finally got my first shiny karp ever, so this event gets four stars from me. Everyone has one now but I don't even care

I got one a couple years ago and I was ecstatic. poo poo stats so got named TRAGIKARP. I love that dumb fish, and I'm glad more people have them now.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Maker Of Shoes posted:

loving lol

the shiny one i got last week is REALLY bad and I'm stealing this

Behold!

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Quarantine + Go-tcha is good

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Niiiiiiice

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Purty mouse

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Goddammit give me that stupid flying dino so I can finally get melmo

Ugh

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Theme gyms are the best

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Finally got a goddamn volbeat

Event good enough for me

E: fix the goddamn go plus/gotcha bug Niantic goddamn

PathAsc fucked around with this message at 15:21 on Apr 21, 2020

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Thank gently caress they updated today, gotcha works again.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

iospace posted:

I have way too many regular balls and those need to be burned through, so thank the gods.

I don't have nearly enough, but since the thing works again I can take a leisurely ride past a ton of stops for a while and build back up. :yayclod:

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Yeah, I've been bad about opening gifts since my family and I took a break from the game for a bit. I'll have to fix that.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

I finally reached most of my goal, if hatecat was shiny then I'd be fully content. Either way, hell yes:

Looking forward to community day driving around in the rain, the whole family is ready to just do SOMETHING in pogo again. Gonna raid a ton and flash my lights every time we catch something.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Hell yeah

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Went and raided/evolved/caught a whole bunch today. Less than 1mil xp away from 40 now, and then I can stop giving a poo poo about number.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Nah, gently caress that, they'd have to gate something truly worth a drat after 40 for me to care. I don't see that happening for me. If I level up, great, but I won't force it.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Dr Tran posted:

Are there enough cats to fill a gym yet?

Yep! More than enough

E:

Meowth
Persian
Skitty
Delcatty
Shinx
Luxio
Luxray
Glameow
Purugly
Purrloin
Leipard

You could argue that Espeon and Umbreon fit the bill as well, and I'd agree.

PathAsc fucked around with this message at 06:04 on Nov 30, 2020

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Ben Nevis posted:

So I just started this thing last week. Is there some secret to not running out of balls all the time?

My whole thing to fix this was to dumpster any berry that wasn't a golden razz, pineapple, or silver pineapp. Spin all stops, always, never stop spinning.

If you are rural then it's a constant pain in the rear end, if you're in a city it becomes not a worry over time. Bag upgrades help with this.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Ben Nevis posted:

Yeah, I'm in a city and generally hit 10 in a morning walk, but that doesn't really net very many balls. My bag's at like half capacity. I guess it's probably more stops. Is more friends useful? My niece and nephew got me into this, but they're apparently not great and sending gifts back.

More friends will def help, hitting more stops too. Sometimes the rng hates you and won't give balls, other times they just get shat at you all the time.

Hoarding balls is easier after you have played a while. It was awful at launch and I quit within a month because of it. They've made it a lot better, which prompted a lot of people to return the last couple of years. It's a good time to start playing!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

angrygodofjebus posted:

December community day, as anticipated, absolutely sucks: https://pokemongolive.com/post/communityday-dec20

Arceus H. Pokemans that sucks poo poo.

At least by reading the last page or two I learned about defit, because I can't find my sex swing.