Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
This is already way better than the Gen 4 rollout, which was a huge slow mess. Though I'm sure that's helped by Gen 5 having like 900 Pokemon.

I caught a Patrat, Lillipup, and Purrloin on the way home from work. I'm going to walk for a bit and see what else I can find.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Goddamn you are so lucky. I am very jealous.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
I'm a little annoyed that Gen 5 starters aren't boosted at all. I was out for a couple hours last night and the only less common Pokemon I found were Foongus and Blitzle.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

mastershakeman posted:

Help I still need those little guys who evolve into loudred

They're absolutely everywhere around my city now with the Ultra Bonus spawns gone and normal Pokemon back in play, especially in partly cloudy weather. Just go to a downtown core and you'll be guaranteed to find Whismur everywhere.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Norse Code posted:

the Infographics I keep saying that these only come out of eggs, but I just caught one in the wild:

That's sick as hell. Seems like the only egg (and raid) exclusive monster so far is Klink, despite the (mis)information going around yesterday. I hatched a Klink walking into work and I'm so happy!

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Hmm yeah, Niantic is a tiny little indie company. How can you expect the team behind a game that has upwards of $2.5 million daily revenue to ever get their poo poo together? They're a very small business that's just starting.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
I saw a Drillbur at the Starbucks near my apartment this morning and I rushed to get dressed, but it had despawned. Hopefully that means Drillbur isn't stupidly rare and I can find it soon. Panpour showed up near me too, but I had to leave for work.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
Trapinch Community Day owns because Flygon is cool as heck and I'll be very happy for the dude to be usable with Earth Power or another move. Flygon is one of the best looking shinies in the game too.

Not every single CD has to be meta relevant hugely important Pokemon. Favorite monsters getting attention like Flygon is super cool too!

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
Of course the second Riolu I hatch ever is from a 10km egg during Gen 5. Thanks Niantic... Not like I wanted a Litwick or a Deino or anything.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Also really weird they're doing this and not Darkrai or Manaphy or something. Pretty sure no one who raids often, which is the main target audience for EX raids, is asking for SB Mewtwo again. Just plain strange.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
My apartment used to be filled with monsters spawning everywhere from my bed and now nothing spawns at all. Sure love this new spawn point system, Niantic. Very fun.

I feel like very little spawns outside of Pokestops at all now, which I guess is more "thematic" but is actually really dull and basically destroys the idea of adventure outside of very dense urban centers.

Cough Drop The Beat fucked around with this message at 00:33 on Sep 28, 2019

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Elephanthead posted:

I still don’t understand why they would limit your ability to buy items because you don’t have space.

Because this game is a mess of lazy spaghetti code and Niantic will never introduce quality of life fixes like that unless they're literally forced to. Same reason why you can't lure gyms.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
I know I'm probably Pokemon friends with a huge chunk of y'all but I'd love more friends because lots and lots of people don't open gifts. Thanks!! :)

5665 1887 1052

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
At least maybe there's a solid chance August is going to be full of Flying events and Flying legendaries in raids. Hopefully. But I agree that it's a huge oversight considering how many Flying legendaries are superb at every tier. Many players not having access to Articuno for Ultra League is going to be just as super dumb as people who missed out on Zapdos/Landorus/Lugia for Master... though at least there's plenty of very strong non-Legendary Flying type Pokemon in Ultra League.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Parrotine posted:

I caught a 14/15/14 dialga! Can I power this baby up or do I gotta have the 15 in attack for it to be Master League ready?

While that is a very awesome Diagla for PvE, you are guaranteed to lose the Master League mirror match if it has less than 15 attack, 14 defense, and 12 HP IVs, thanks to the silliness of the breakpoint formula. Just not worth putting thousands of dust into a subpar PvP Dialga.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
Go Fest was pretty drat great for me. Lots and lots of fun on day 1 especially despite the hiccups with friendship hour and such. I got multiple shinies (including shiny Zangoose!!), did a whole bunch of raids where I got my first raid viable Groudon (98%!), got more than enough candies to evolve and level up Darmanitan, Garchomp, and Chandelure, caught lots and lots of great PvP IVs including Alomomola, Mantine, and Alolan Marowak. Sure, it wasn't not on par with real Go Fest but I didn't expect that.

My girlfriend got her first Giratina-O and some awesome shinies like shiny Timburr. She was the happiest person ever to have Gibles everywhere too.