Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

BGrifter posted:

I could certainly be wrong. Mew is mythical for sure, but Mewtwo might be legendary.

If so, problem from Deoxys week solved! :woop:

Go get one and see.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

oddium posted:

the park near me changed to a wailmer nest after gen 5 came and it's so hard to see anything there now

Get yourself a pink submarine.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Dr Tran posted:

Holy poo poo does the Ultra Box suck.

Has a 'value' of 2200 coin compared to 2900 on the incubator box. Guess if you wanna pain train Mewtwo it's ok.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Trubbish is also a top tier genV Pokemon.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

that ivy guy posted:

:ssh: Cresselia actually isn't mythical; you could encounter it in-game in gen 4 post game without any prerequisites.

You're right that it's still a cool candidate for raids though. Deoxys was just in raids and that boy is indeed mythical for some reason (despite actually being in the same boat as Cress now). I hope October is spooky Darkrai month

Darkrai or bring back giratina-o.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

The CP ??? means it'll be your highest cp Pokemon iirc.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

overdesigned posted:

gently caress youuuuuuuuuuu

Owned so loving hard.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Lightning grittys a good electric attacker.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

iospace posted:

I just had a caterpie break out of a razz berry normal curve ball thrown ultra ball... then run right after.

:psyduck:

It probably despawned on the map after you tapped it. If that happens, they always run away.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Two excellent things happened today.

Pokemon finally recognized that my street exists and now Pokemon spawn at home.

Second: the sneasel nest nearby blessed me with a shiny sneasel.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Crosspeice posted:

Nah, I've done over 300 Rocket stops and have never thought once to use a Shadow mon, just do them for something to do as you run around in circles shiny checking. Or at least, do enough for silver medals, if you care, so that when they put out shadow legendaries, and they probably will, you have 4 extra balls to catch them with.

I keep the cool looking ones for gyms.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Macaluso posted:

Finally we get to catch Missingno in Pokémon Go

This would own though. As long as it didn't corrupt your game.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Hannibal Rex posted:

I've been running low on potions and revives, so I had to adapt my tactics.

If sending waves of freshly caught cannon fodder into gyms to clear them out, and then selling their remains to the Professor's meat packing plant is the wrong way to play the game, I don't want to be right.

Hit up more gym spins they give out healing junk.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Hatched a Porygon gently caress me.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

kensei posted:

I'll trade this lovely 2* non shiny Absol I just hatched for it

Sold.

Porygon shows up in events from time to time iirc. I think it has been a mainstay in the Valentine's day pink Pokemon event.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Hannibal Rex posted:

Question about leveling: From what I've read, there seems to be little difference between level 30 and 40, if you don't have the stardust and candy to keep your mons topped up.

Up to 30, the level of mons you catch in the wild increases.

I'm level 26 now, and I still have a bunch of xp eggs left. It makes more sense to use them now to reach 30, because above that, there's no need to rush things, right? Or should I save eggs for specific event days?

Use eggs for raid hours or hitting the top two friend levels. Chain them together if you can for mega xp.

Catch xp events aren't as good as those two.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

kensei posted:

I just caught a wild Gible in Phoenix, AZ. Worship me.

Don't lie dude.

I want baby shark so much.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Conkeldurr owns fight me.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Gible showed up during community day. My wife and I's first. Solid community day.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

dwarf74 posted:

It's weird because my Gotcha has been working great on Android.

Same. It sometimes fails to connect but restarting the app fixes that.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

I have a BonerLord on my list and PizzaLad69 who's a goon.

Wife's whohah.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

I'm not taking off the Magikarp hat. Even have the perfect shirt now to match it.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Beldums my 10km egg plague too.

I have like 8 3k Metagross from community day.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Giant_Pupils posted:

Nah, it'll be all of the CD pokemon from 2019. If you remember Dec 2018, you'll remember how diluted the spawn pool was. Can't' imagine them doubling it for 2019.
Then again it's Niantic so...

Anyway locking meta-usefulness behind a CD move is crap. Sure, smackdown adds utility, but Tyranitar is still just fine without it. Metagross is pretty useless overall without MM. I suppose you could make an argument for it being a niche psychic attacker with the recent buff to psychic. They should at least make the CD moves TM'able.

They could just allow evolving into CD moves instead of both year's worth of Pokemon.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

DJ Fuckboy Supreme posted:

I got two 10ks hatching and I don't like the bad vibes itt tyvm

I hatched a 2* feebas yesterday so you're bound to improve on that. I believe in you!

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Blastoise loves to hydro cannon shiny Charizard

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

A Halloween Charmander showed up at the gym near my house. Hatched a 10km egg along the way and I now have both a cute Charmander and a riolu!

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

It's actually Santa hat stantler.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Way better than Eevees.

I still could use a shiny murder whale. Zapdos too I guess but meh it's a bad shiny.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Swinub owns. Magnemite owns. Geodude owns.

Aron.... Ehhhhhhhhhhh. Na.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Silver Falcon posted:

Don't waste Golden Razzes on those. They can't run away. Just use the regular Razzes and regular Pokeballs, or Ultras. Or just run away if you don't feel like catching it right now. Definitely don't waste the Golden Razzes though.

Eh depends how often you raid and how good you throw. I have entirely too many goldens that I usually use on weather boosted stuff that I can't great curve well.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

mastershakeman posted:

Watch gible cday be middle of February during a blizzard

Good news! Piplup is February I think. So that leaves January for gible.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Kantesu posted:

Piplup should be January by previous trends. February's probably going to be a weird one. Last year they did a Chinese New Year thing, but 2020 is they year of the Rat, and the closest fit for that that doesn't already have a shiny is Mincinno/Cincinno (which also isn't even out yet).

Yah you're right--same month as totodile.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Like that could have been a shiny shadow sneasel?

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Beastyfella posted:

Thunder shock, rock slide and flash cannon

I've got one riolu, and stupidly evolved it before teaching it a second attack so now it costs 75 candy. Also I burned a ton of TMs and still dont have power up punch.

Lucario cost 75 candy for another move? That's good to know thank you sir.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Got a 4* hypno off some rocket jerk. Nice.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Gym defense: show off your rare stuff or whatevers at the top of your list at the time. You may also theme gym with other defenders.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

CROWS EVERYWHERE posted:

Themed gyms are the best. There is a special spot in hell for people who break up themed gyms with a Rhydon.

All pink shinies/all gold shinies are obviously the most perfect teams and most perfect gyms.

5 eeveelutoons and a rhydon is a time honored tradition.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

seiferguy posted:

Hell yeah I got into Wayfare and can judge people's submissions.

A thin blue line flag as a pokestop? Not on my watch :hehe:

You do good work, friend.

I have only 2.8mil xp to go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Ches Neckbeard posted:

That Weezing is excellent. drat I wish it were meta relevant at all

Bonglord weezing is always meta relevant, man.