Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

T1g4h posted:

I doubt i'll ever get a drat Gible with my luck

hey i've got a gible story for you but you're not gonna like it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

i got a shiny yanma like 5 yanmas in, this event gets my stamp of approval

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Much like sinnoh stones they will be available in other ways soon enough. They've done this same pattern for both generations of evo items now, sinnoh and the gen 2 set of items. I can't see why they wouldn't do it a third time with unova stones.

Psion fucked around with this message at 17:03 on Sep 23, 2019

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

nah, this is par for the course for niantic

so I guess if they are, they always have been?

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

it really is hilarious in a way how everyone went through that rollercoaster, because the event text was nearly guaranteed to provoke it

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

here's the thing, while IVs don't matter that much in actual math terms, around here almost universal player perception is "15 attack or trash" so IVs do matter to our dumb brains

the other way to look at it is IVs don't change but you can always level something up. I tend to filter by IV so I can toss most of what I catch easily (if it's low IV it goes) and I don't worry about it too much beyond that.

e: in your specific example the first foongas has 69 hp so I'd keep it for that alone :v:

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Dragonstoned posted:

You have to get to level 12 in a completely different game called Ingress if you want to submit stuff :downs:

this is ... maybe changing? they're rolling out stop submission in pogo but it's country by country and level 40 locked. and the list of countries where you can is about three items long.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

mastershakeman posted:

Are you all sure there's actually a nerf, my normal areas (suburbs of Chicago and downtown Chicago) are the same if not better. The only spots I've seen a change are parking lots or traffic lights which always had a huge number of spawns , presumably due to people's pogo registering as not going too fast

everyone who's personally experienced a drop in spawns is convinced it's a nerf and everyone who's gained is too busy catching to post about it

unless there's actual evidence on a national or global scale total spawns have dropped just preface everything you read with with "for me, ..."

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

i spent nearly 40 minutes trying to remote battle a friend yesterday, and sending a pic of the QR code for them to scan was the only way to get it to work

even that took 3 attempts so...good luck

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Centzon Totochtin posted:

You can charge TM crabhammer onto kingler at any time right? It wasn't only available during the water event? Is maxing out a kingler with it even worth it?

yes I believe it's still part of the move pool and yes if you want a water-type Gengar (hits hard, glass cannon) but if you already have a bunch of powered up water types the value will be minimal

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

yeah but it looks cool so it'll be a nice and easy two shinies and out kinda CD

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Kheldarn posted:

I guess that means I shouldn't post a pic showing that I have over 1 million Star Dust, then...

i know a dude with over 5 million personally, i'm sure there's someone out there with 500 million because someone's always that crazy

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

seiferguy posted:

Items make sense because its easy to hoard that poo poo. Pokemon I've just gotten so good at appraising and trashing as I pick them up. I have so many legendaries that I have to starting trashing them, though.

starting thursday, double candy for trashing them as part of the event, I think? So this week is the time. I've already got my eye on a whole lot of useless legendaries, like who needs a non-shiny Latios

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

hey guys who wants to hear about shiny gible

:getin: