Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PK
Apr 30, 2004

EXFOLIATE! EXFOLIATE! EXFOLIATE!
Braved the pouring rain and got back to back shiny Mewtwos. Worth it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PK
Apr 30, 2004

Lol next community day will be Trapinch

PK
Apr 30, 2004

Ok yeah the shiny is pretty. I guess I'm just salty after hatching so many of the drat things

PK
Apr 30, 2004

Caught my 4th shiny Mewtwo today and a shiny Yanma. I guess I'm out of shiny luck for the next year

PK
Apr 30, 2004

Birds (and kyogre and groudon) are back for weekly rewards for November and December

:effort:

PK
Apr 30, 2004

DizzyBum posted:

According to whom?

No shinies explicitly mentioned on the pogo live blog but who knows with ~niantic~

PK
Apr 30, 2004

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

No shinies were explicitly mentioned on the pogo live blog for the last time Kyogre and the Laio/as were in research and I got a shiny Kyogre out of one.

Sounds about right

PK
Apr 30, 2004

bitprophet posted:

:bisonyes:

Unrelated: I know there is/was a bug where cashing in a daily research task in the AM would fail to update the line-o-stamps (and it would correct itself in the evening). Had what seems like a variant of that last weekend.

Waited until well after 1PM Pacific (it was like, 6PM Eastern) on Nov 1 to cash in my 7-day (shiny Kyogre! not the Groudon I was missing, but whatever. Just glad it wasn't yet another flower child.) Then completed another daily, the morning of Sat Nov 2. Did not get a stamp. Stamp never appeared, even in the PM. Cashed in another morning of Sun Nov 3, and that one showed up fine. Been fine since.

Am I seeing some sort of 24-hour-period-not-linked-to-day-of-the-week issue here or what? Maybe related to it being the monthly rollover on that first day?

Was your GPS working? I find if I'm cashing in a task in an area with spotty reception I can either get 2 stamps in a day or none

PK
Apr 30, 2004

socialsecurity posted:

So I caught a shiny Ho-Oh with perfect stats, how rare is this thing or was it super boosted by events or something?

edit, 10 minutes later a my first Gible also Shiny this is like my magical weekend or something.

Shundos are pretty rare, congrats!

PK
Apr 30, 2004

Caught a shiny solrock on this wet and dark winter's day. Nice way to brighten things

PK
Apr 30, 2004

Giovanni is beating me up and taking my lunch money. I have no idea how I beat him last quest.

PK
Apr 30, 2004

Mustached Demon posted:

Open with a Rhyperior or another tough guy with mud slap/earthquake and charge up the earthquake.

Once you have a quake charged, switch to Lucario or your biggest, fattest fighting pokemon. Burn those shields and take care of the cat. Bonus points if you get a few punches in on his middle pokemon.

Swampert or Venusaur with their community day move should take care of the mid pokemon. You can bring a second fighter too it really depends on what he has as his second.

Your Swampert/Venusaur should make it to the Raikou. When they fall, your Rhyperior mashes earthquake and you win.

The switch in the first round starts up the free turns you get when someone switches or uses a charged move. Those free turns are how you win.

Thank you so much for this. I was trying to run a Machamp first and he kept getting melted by the Persian. Good to know that the free turns are the key to winning.

PK
Apr 30, 2004

No more ex raid invites being sent out for the time being. Scheduled ones will go ahead.

PK
Apr 30, 2004

I'm torn. On one hand I don't like the pay to play aspect but on the other hand I want the Durant

PK
Apr 30, 2004

Played the entire event because tf else am I gonna do and got 6 shiny sentret, 1 shiny cubone, and 1 shiny ralts

PK
Apr 30, 2004

Captain Duvel posted:

I was wondering where this thread went..

I just used an incense and had multiple skarmory and swinub spawn.

Also ended my shiny dry spell. In the last 10 days got
2 sentret
Volbeat
Illumise
Abra
Rattata
2 Growlithe back to back
And a geodude today

That's a pretty sweet haul. I'm still waiting for a golden growlithe :sun:

PK
Apr 30, 2004

Lobsterpillar posted:

I've never bought coins from the shop with real money, but just looked at the prices and it looks like the bigger coin bundles actually give you less coins per $. Is this just a blatant trap for people who pay to play? Is there any reason you wouldn't just buy as much of the 100 coin bundles that you need?

You have to buy each of the 100 coin bundles separately so it gets a bit tedious if you're trying to buy a big ticket item like an adventure box

PK
Apr 30, 2004

crispyseaweed posted:

I was actually looking forward to catching a Pikachu with a Pikachu visor.

I was hoping for Pikachu with a mask

PK
Apr 30, 2004

BGrifter posted:

Did they ever add Pikachu Libre during one of my breaks? It’s canon.

It doesn't cover his mouth!

PK
Apr 30, 2004

BGrifter posted:

So it’s that time of year, the time when I try to talk myself into ordering another Go-tcha. I had one previously that was fantastic for the nine months or so that it worked, but it stopped working out of nowhere making me reluctant to order a second all the way from the UK. Tried ordering a replacement from an Amazon third party seller and wound up with some busted AliExpress junk I had to return for a refund.

I can get a Pokeball Plus for roughly the same price as a Go-tcha Evolve after shipping from the UK. Pokeball Plus would be here in two days shipped by Amazon. Last Go-tcha I ordered from Codejunkies took a month to arrive. Not a major difference between the two form factors given I can’t wear a wristband at work thanks to COVID, so the awkwardness of the Pokeball Plus isn’t a major concern.

Is anyone in the thread using a Pokeball Plus with the button held down with an elastic band to emulate a Go-tcha? Does anyone have the Go-tcha Evolve? Is the Evolve much of an upgrade to the regular?

Please gush about your favorite Pokemon devices goons!

Love my gotcha evolve but charging it sucks. The dongle slots into the wristband and it's tricky to pull apart. I ended up snapping off the wristband by accident.

PK
Apr 30, 2004

SuperKlaus posted:

Apologies to TheCariad for bailing on that raid. Technical difficulties with the remote invites and people I know. I hope you didn't get cost a pass but I'll comp you if you did.

I didn't jump early enough but it's fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PK
Apr 30, 2004

SuperKlaus posted:

I appreciate that. If you ever want me to venmo you a buck lemme know.

It's all good but thanks for the offer.