Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
Dude in my Discord group got a shiny Mewtwo his first raid. He did the same with Latias. And a few others, though not Rayray. He credits this streak byt the fact I gave him a shiny Magikarp, since that was one he never ever got, and after that, boomshitter, all kinds of shinies. Another dude agreed because I traded him a shiny Geodude for a shiny Murkrow. And after that, as long as he kept the shiny dude as his buddy the RNG gods smiled and gave him a poo poo ton more shinies.

Damnit now I need someone to trade me a shiny for shits to get this luck!

That said, Purrloin is loving awesome and I love what it evolves into. Skitty is the same cuteness, Delcatty is not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
Any news about a redo dinner hour yet?

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
What do you guys do when your phone swing starts to slow? Everything seems fine on it, I moved it from USB to battery, but it still slows and stops. Phone is the same, nothing new has changed.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

knowonecanknow posted:

Mine just did this this week. I ended up pulling out the magnet from the swing arm and flipping it and putting it back together. No idea why this worked but it did. None of the other tinkering did anything :science:

I hear something rattle in the base, so maybe the magnet got loose? The magnet on the bottom of the metal cage doesn't pop out for me? The arms are plastic too, no way to really replace them with a metal, more sturdy holder.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
You have to be physically close to trade.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
I really wish shinies were not RNG. Sucks when the same dude in the raid group gets multiple shinies and no one else gets any. Or maybe they are and are keeping quiet about it.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Kinda a waste when no one in the raid group gets any shinies in about 6 raids.

In more fun news, a dude on a local Facebook is showcasing his Tropius from Canada, and say he wants shiny regionals in exchange. Most people have called him out easily.

Me, I remember being so loving excited because a dude in our Discord said he had a shiny Horsea for me, from Chicago, and didn't want anything special for it because I am always running raid trains and he appreciated how I did it and made it easy for everyone. Then we met up and he wanted to look over all my shinies and debate me about a legendary or one of my more rare ones because, well, he didn't just want to GIVE away the Pokemon for nothing special. rear end in a top hat.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Drove through my usual superspawn parking lot where average was 20 mon in a half mile. It was about 4 today. Go go Niantic.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
I hope they do something soon to make up for the lack of spawns. Not even up for dinner hour today since the shiny rate seems so poo poo.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Wait so this new event is pay to play?

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

kensei posted:

I just caught a wild Gible in Phoenix, AZ. Worship me.

They seem to spawn a lot around Metrocenter. No idea why.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

kensei posted:

I guess I will head back there tonight. The one I caught this morning was at the stop right outside my hotel room, which was very cool. I also logged in as and caught it as my wife :lol:

Anyone else you looking for?

Is adventure sync not working for anyone else? Did a mile and twenty minutes later still nothing.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

kensei posted:

A decent place for dinner lol

By Metrocenter? Good luck. Westgate and Park West has several Pokestops and eateries, it's like ten miles from Metro.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
13 raids for me tonight. No shiny. I caught one on my mom's account when he was in town for a week, out of maybe 40 raids?

Dude tonight caught 2 shinies in the same raid.

In short, gently caress this random bullshit.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Went out for the full three hours. Pogo Plus no longer works after this update, so yay for that.

Over 120 checked. 1 shiny.

But my EX raid was shiny Mewtwo. My first ever. With ShadowBall. That kinda makes up for it.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
What are the odds of a shiny Sableye from tasks? I'm sure someone has figured out the shiny rates from them by now?

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
So for rocket stops, what mon do we want to use for shadow Sableye?

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
My Plus still won't connect.

Saw that McDonalds has Pokemon toys! ....which are not figurines like the past ones but loving discs with pokemon stickers on them so you can shoot them at people.

Someone seriously needs to bring back the bags from the first movie.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Must love the Discord. Some admin on our raid Discord starting pinging everyone when he was out doing raids because 'he has 5 lvl40 accounts and in case people want him to raid with them.' Someone else took his idea and started using the same command to get mass attention, so today about 100 people were getting pings about an EX raid and what time he'd be there and how many people were coming and how many were there and when were they starting and...

Admin passes off what he did even when others called it annoying because he is 'trying to help people raid.' THEN MAKE A loving RAID TRAIN DUDE. Few people want to get loving pings every hour because you feel like being helpful when literally you are the one wanting 1-2 people to raid with you.

edit: Those gold cards are awesome. But drat McDonalds, get finger puppets or tops or little loving figurines that light up, anything but this poo poo.

Cowslips Warren fucked around with this message at 03:33 on Oct 21, 2019

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Why do you want battle passes?

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Anyone else had Google Fit knock off miles after you walked them? I did about 3 miles and didn't pause, and suddenly it reads at .67 miles.

In Pogo news, finally got a shiny since my streak has been so poo poo as of lately. Hatched a shiny Onix. All right.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Darkai is harder to beat, can't be shiny, and is not tradable. Niantic thinks they push people to raid more by the last one, but after several failed raids people just give up rather than keep paying.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Possible if Niantic gives us 2018 CD moves on day in December. I'd hold it for now. :)

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
everyone complaining about the weather, meanwhile in Phoenix we're celebrating because we don't have to carry ice packs around to do the dinner raid hours!

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
I like the part where they said they hear us loud and clear and then give us the same poo poo again.

NOBODY CARES ABOUT loving HATS.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Eggs are half distance! Didn't see that anywhere online but my local Discord.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
I only wish the shiny rate had been boosted and we got some Unowns. Maybe just REGI but still.

Event was fun though. Had a large group in downtown Peoria, and we covered maybe a mile or two back and forth with all the gyms, stops, and raids. Was pretty nice and got 2 shiny Registeels. Was a far more community feel than any CD ever has been.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
I have 6 components already. Should I really battle a leader when I'm not on that quest part yet?

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Point. I just did a search and I had it looks like about forty Shadow Pokemon, have not been purifying them because they look pretty cool, but I bit the bullet and purified all the cheap ones and ones I got replica of so that stage is done.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Beastyfella posted:

Melmetal beats the poo poo out of Snorlax, and has enough left over in the tank to dish out a flash cannon or two on tyranitar. Worth the second move cost.

what are the best movesets for melty? I never use mine, might have to start!

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Beastyfella posted:

Saw a video where Lucario soloed cliff. I need to power mine up more

How is that possible? Just one Lucario? I might need to power up mine and dump a ton of candy into him...

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
In other words, almost reach your charge move and then switch Pokemon?

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
I really wish it was easier to trade legendaries/shinies.

Dude posted on our Discord today that he wanted a shiny Charmander. I have one spare and asked what he had back. He sent me screenshots of several shinies...and a shiny Sableye. He said that one was not for trade because he had a trade set with another dude for it, for a shiny Bagon. I told him yeah, no, that's okay. I'd even trade him a shiny Bagon and Char for the Sableye but I don't have plans to toss my cool Charmander for nothing.

And then I scrolled up in our messages and saw this douche was one I had spoken to before, who got mad at me when I snapped at him to read the drat chat about the raid train that weekend (after posting multiple times in the channel that we do NOT have a set start point, since we are at the mercy of the raids, he dm'd me to ask where we were starting)...and is also the idiot who would not walk a half mile in 75* weather for me to give him a few Machamps, since he had none, and wanted to raid with them, citing that any of the parks I mentioned were too far, the grocery store was too far, he really didn't want to leave his house for a trade.

Add to that the second idiot who wants to trade me a shiny Mewtwo for a shiny Rayquaaza, who was cool with ultra, and now wants to get best lucky friends before we trade. I think I might cancel it, I have one spare shiny Mewtwo and don't feel like waiting another month when he's already agreed to meet and then backed out.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

NGL I don’t think I’ll ever do a shiny lego trade that isn’t guaranteed lucky, esp if it’s meta relevant and I want it on my frontrunner team. Trading and getting something like that with like 2 attack IV would be the worst possible feeling

Oh no I get that, but what is a pain is he keeps changing his mind about when we meet and after a few weeks of nothing, now says he wants to wait another month.

Dude, make up your mind!

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Is Sierra or Cliff the easiest leader to beat?

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Would Raikou or a double rock tyranitar be better against that Scyther of Arlo?

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
No galarian Ponyta.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
I had to do SIX loving stops of decoys before I found smugfucka Giovanni. All for a garbage Articuno.

It was loving close with him too. I do not get the people who say they can beat everyone with a team of 1499cp mon and have one with no damage.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
can someone tell me why last resort on umbreon is so good? any other eeveelutins too?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
What cp and lvl are your Lucarios because mine get stomped every time?