Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

Dragonstoned posted:

FYI for people trying to hatch shiny regionals, there are reports coming in that they've decreased the shiny rate from 1/50 to about 1/150 over the weekend.

So maybe it's time to just stop giving money to Niantic and instead start telling them to gently caress off

Yeah this is super dumb and now I can't find the Silph Road thread about it so did they nuke it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

Dirt Road Junglist posted:

A story in three parts:

It's catch an Aerodactyl, not hatch an Aerodactyl.

Find a win 5 raids quest and you'll get it.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
In the words of my non-Pokemon playing husband, "someone had to take a lot of drugs to come up with some of these"

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
I'm up to 162 eggs hatched this event (all except two 7k) and zero shiny regionals.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

bowmore posted:

how much money you spending on incubators mate

So much money :negative:

(I stopped hatching when they announced this event and then the 10k event I barely used any so I actually didn't really spend all that much more than usual it's just extra concentrated)

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
Hey Mithalas let me know if you're ever in Western Canada and we can do that lucky trade hahaha

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

Psion posted:

i got a shiny yanma like 5 yanmas in, this event gets my stamp of approval

Same, it was pretty cool.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

You say that but there's someone in my local discord that persisted with 500 egg hatches* through this event so obviously it's hitting some wallets effectively enough

*1 shiny regional, Tauros, caught in the wild

I did 100% of my possible 7k hatched, reaching daily limits every day, and still only got a shade over 300. 500 7k eggs seems... unlikely.

That said the only shiny regional I hatched was Taurus :negative:

(I spent money but not an insane amount; thanks to the half distance I actually ended up doing a ton on the orange incubator just by going for long runs every day. I think I probably used 1.5 adventure boxes worth of incubators over the two weeks)

HookShot fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Sep 23, 2019

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

tangy yet delightful posted:

Tried to 6 man a Mewtwo at the airport yesterday and fell short by a small drat sliver. In that moment I definitely understood the desire to really have a beastly PvE lineup of mons. Even if I'd just had 6 Tyranitars instead of 2 we'd have probably beaten it.

We had a group of four the other day that were sooooo loving close. I wouldn’t have bothered but one guy didn’t have any Mewtwo and I didn’t have anything else to do sooooo.

I powered up and TMed all my level 35 TTars to level 40 (four of them; I already had one level forty and didn’t touch my smack down ones obviously) and double dark moves and we were literally 5 seconds away from beating it when the timer ran out.

It’s the worst feeling when you see that tiny sliver of red.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
I've been ok with most of the changes but honestly, the recent spawn nerf has killed my enthusiasm for this game.

The whole point was to go out and catch pokemon. Now if I have to walk around the whole village and do 1.5km in an hour (I play while walking my dog in the morning) and come across a whole ten pokemon during that time, I'm just not going to play. It's straight-up not worth it.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
I just got my gotcha in the mail, and it caught me a caterpie!

If I play with the game closed though, to make adventure sync work/save the battery, it will not catch things for me, right? I have to have the game open and the screen on?

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

Froist posted:

You don’t need the screen on, but the game does need to be running (can be in the background). It needs re-pairing about every hour and a quarter, but you should get a push notification when it times out. But you also get a push notification for every Pokemon it attempts to catch (whether it works or they flee), and there’s no way to separate these notifications, so you’ll probably end up turning them all off.

Awesome, thanks!

I had a Nidoran run away from it last night but it’s still pretty cool.

As of this morning though it won’t pair anymore, and my game updated overnight, so I’m guessing it’s linked to the same issues with the go+ people are reporting.

Edit: force unpaired and repaired and now it works again

HookShot fucked around with this message at 14:36 on Oct 5, 2019

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
Did my first Klink raid today.

Shiny Klink.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
I did six raids, caught all six, but no shinies. One of them is pretty decent with 15 Attack and Defense and 12 HP so I'm happy.

gently caress me is it ever cold out now though.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
Yeah, we finally have three EX-gyms in my town! We'll be able to do EX-raids without begging city people for a pass and then driving 90 minutes each way to get there LOL.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
I got a second shiny ekans this morning who was somehow like 96% and level 28 or so, so now he's a beautiful golden boi.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

I hold onto it so that when I’m inevitably scrambling to put together a team when they announce something on Niantic-time short notice (3 hours after it starts) I’ve got it handy. It’s not like stardust costs storage space, thank god

Same. When Rayquaza came back I dropped 300+k in dust on powering up a bunch of glaceons to trade to my alt so I could do it by myself. 100% worth it.

I just broke the 2 million dust barrier. Plus it's nice to literally always be able to trade anyone anything if I want to.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

IMO it's in the "trioable, but that doesn't mean doable with 3 accounts" kind of territory. Machamp is gonna be the king for this, but Darkrai's high attack stat plus Machamp's already-kind-of-glass-cannon-ness means that you're looking at chewing through anywhere between 12 and 18 Machamps per raid. Duoable you're talking about a hat trick of "cloudy weather, extremely good IVs, extremely high level machamps" on top of that.

According to Pokebattler it's technically duoable if you have best friends bonus, cloudy weather and 26 100% IV level 40 machamps each. And you'll have like 4 seconds to spare.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

Rich Uncle Chet posted:

We have a user around here named "DasPenisKing" and I have no idea why that name bypasses Niantic's censors.

LOL that name owns

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

X13Fen posted:

Did anyone with a gotcha buy direct from codejunkies? If so, how long did shipping take? I'm about to hit two weeks (to Australia) and it still hasn't turned up

I did and it took about three weeks to Canada.

Also don't bother emailing them; I never got an email confirmation so I opened a ticket to ask if they actually received my order and the reply was that they don't offer tracking.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

X13Fen posted:

As always, whinging in thread gets results. It has arrived, but needs to charge first :(

I find it charges surprisingly quickly. It also dies pretty quickly if you're actually using it but hey, it lasts most of a day, so that's fine.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

Vegastar posted:

I just disable vibration on mine and it runs for days. I charge it like, once a week despite fairly regular use.

Oh, maybe I should do that haha, thanks!

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
That costumed pikachu is cute as hell.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
I got a shiny spinda yesterday from a quest, which I was beyond thrilled about.

This morning my alt finished the same quest and it was also shiny.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

Louisgod posted:

On my iPhone X the game constantly has a red notification over the app that says "2" and I can't figure out why. Any ideas?

You have to go into your news notifications and open them.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

Louisgod posted:

Not sure if this is it as all my news notifications are read and I'm still getting the red number on the app. It's not egg or buddy notifications either. I'm stumped.

Oh, that's weird, opening the news notifications fixed it for me.

edit: by which I mean actually opening multiple news items, not just opening to the screen with the news notifications listed.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
I beat Arlo (Scyther, Crobat, Scizor) this morning with Golem (Rock throw/blast), Raikou (Wild Charge) and Magmortar but drat it took me a lot of tries to get there.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
Yeah, rock throw golem and Magmortar with whatever his good charge move is worked really well for me.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

rotinaj posted:

Can you TM community day moves on the day? I have a 98 Venusaur with Solar BEam and I'd like it to have Frenzy Plant.

Nope, you’re out of luck sorry.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

Dr.Caligari posted:

Another minor question, Is there a way to report pokestops ? There’s a water tower near me that is inaccessible without trespassing.

Hahaha are you a cop in real life because this seems like the sort of thing only a cop would care about.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

Duckman2008 posted:

See below for a doxxed picture of the OP

:perfect:

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
Already got a shiny clamperl, 10/10 event.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
I do really well with Magmortar against the Scyther.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
I've hatched 19 Riolu so far.

edit: 3 of them are 96% and one of them is 98%

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

Well, this certainly explains why I saw half the number of pokemon I normally do on my 4km evening walk.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
Went out to walk the dog this morning, came back with a second shiny Alolan Vulpix.

And my dog found a slice of ground pizza so all in all it was 10/10 for both of us.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
Wasn't Ralts available as a shiny before its community day?

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
Hatched a shiny Cleffa from one of my last pre-shuffle 7k eggs tonight. Now the only babies I'm missing are smoochum, igglybuff and azurill

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

DJ Fuckboy Supreme posted:

Lmao get hosed niantic

Edit: just hatched a marowak out of a 5k. Nice shuffle good job

3 of my the four 10k eggs I've hatched since the switch have been Feebas LOL.

He's the new Trapinch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
I did Cliff this morning, he had Stantler, Marowak, Tyranitar. Beat him on the first try with a Lucario/Machamp/Metagross generalisty team.