Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

BGrifter posted:

lol I just realized with Mewtwo in raids I still can’t complete the “Catch a legendary from a raid or research reward” quest. Mewtwo is also mythical.

Welp. Niantic aren’t very good at this whole making games thing.

Mewtwo is legendary, I have traded some.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Doctor Rope

NTRabbit posted:

The radar is filled with weird gen z Pokemons I'm scared and confused

Welcome to my life ever since gen 2. The only pokemon I recognize are pikachu, sunglasses squirtle, ekans and koffing.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Doctor Rope

Old Swerdlow posted:

I am one of those jerks that got a shiny mewtwo from their first raid.

I'm one of those sligthly lesser jerks who got a shiny mewtwo fron their second raid.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Doctor Rope

shut up blegum posted:

I got a 100 IV Bellsprout :confuoot:

Victreebell is good, op

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Doctor Rope

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

I'm one of those slightly greater jerks who got two shiny mewtwos consecutively

Whoops lol 2 shinies from 3 raids :sweatdrop:

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Doctor Rope

Still loving the comparative (pve) meta-irrelevant CDs, they're always way more relaxing than trying to hurry during that last hour to evolve as much as possible

Last CD let you evolve mons for 2 hours after the event ended for the special move.

And now you can use +turtwig&4*,3* in the search to quickly find the best mons to evolve after the event

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Doctor Rope

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Doctor Rope
But hey at least they seem to be adding some in-game communication thing for the worst multiplayer thing in the game: pvp

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Doctor Rope

You say that but there's someone in my local discord that persisted with 500 egg hatches* through this event so obviously it's hitting some wallets effectively enough

*1 shiny regional, Tauros, caught in the wild

I guess that confirms that shiny regionals were almost impossible to get from 7km eggs.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Doctor Rope

angrygodofjebus posted:

Gonna be fun having this dumb fucker in my inventory for a year+

I got a poop head today.

My monitor is on

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Doctor Rope

Hannibal Rex posted:

I assume this is the right thread for absolutely newbie questions?

Do not believe the game's lies. The pokemon you can catch are pretty much the same everywhere. (Some pokemon are only available on a specific geographic region, such as Europe. Some places can have persistent nests where the same pokemon spawns more often. If you're near water, you will see water pokemon more often). Pokemon do not spawn everywhere, they only spawn near where there are people and landmarks.

So there is no point in driving tens of kilometers to an interesing place in the middle of nowhere, because either there are no pokemon there or they will be the same pokemon you see wherever you live. Don't make the same mistake I made.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Doctor Rope
I managed to get a 19600 km trade last week. I had a mon hached from an egg from NZ and my friend had one from Spain.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Doctor Rope

Jimbone Tallshanks posted:

The max distance is probably just over 20,000 so that's pretty neat.

Yeah, New Zealand <--> Spain and Chile/Argentina <--> China/Mongolia/Siberia are one of the few places on Earth where there is actually solid ground on opposite sides of the globe. Okay and Greenland/Antarctica

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Doctor Rope

Wheany posted:

Yeah, New Zealand <--> Spain and Chile/Argentina <--> China/Mongolia/Siberia are one of the few places on Earth where there is actually solid ground on opposite sides of the globe. Okay and Greenland/Antarctica

Also here is a tool to help you find out what is more than 10000km away from you. https://www.mapdevelopers.com/draw-circle-tool.php

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Doctor Rope

Hoplosternum posted:

I'm from NZ so people keep adding me... Sorry, not sure I can service you all. One guy on my local discord had 50 Spanish people add him in one day, he thought it was the inquisition.

No sleep, only gift.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Doctor Rope
Just "I'm going to this raid at 11:45" would do wonders.

Anything would be better than nothing

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Doctor Rope
1 candy away from evolving a melmetal. Took 18 months, but I got there in the end. Eat poo poo Niantic.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Doctor Rope

Froist posted:

Lucky you got a head start, Meltan was released less than 11 months ago for the rest of us.

Whoops, I confused the months and the days in the capture date. Statement still stands. Eat poo poo Niantic.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Doctor Rope

Hannibal Rex posted:

Question about leveling: From what I've read, there seems to be little difference between level 30 and 40, if you don't have the stardust and candy to keep your mons topped up.

Up to 30, the level of mons you catch in the wild increases.

I'm level 26 now, and I still have a bunch of xp eggs left. It makes more sense to use them now to reach 30, because above that, there's no need to rush things, right? Or should I save eggs for specific event days?

Level 30 is 2 million xp total.
Level 40 is 20 million xp total.
The halfway point of 10 million xp total is after level 37, but before level 38. The xp requirement to get from level 39 to 40 is 5 million. The curve becomes very steep near the end.

Also weather boosted wild pokemon can be level 35. So you want to be level 33 if you want to min-max this particular aspect of the game.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Doctor Rope

Hannibal Rex posted:

I just checked; I'm level 26, and I caught a Roselia yesterday that's level 31. TL+5 checks out.

I'm always the most wrong when I'm the most confident

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Doctor Rope

The Sezza posted:

Did they lower the rate of community day pokemon spawn chance? I'm seeing plenty of spawned pokemon, but very few of them are trapinch.

:same:

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Doctor Rope
On a normal CD, the "catch 3 <cd pokemon>" are easy to do while walking between stops. Not today

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Doctor Rope
After the event and after evolving as many as I could, I still have 132 trapinches. So 130ish in 3 hours.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Doctor Rope

indigi posted:

what time is community day? I got used to summer hours and totally missed this one

This and the previous one have been between 11am and 2pm.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Doctor Rope
My fix to gotcha connection failures is to quit the game, turn on airplane mode for a couple of seconds and turn the game on again.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Doctor Rope
If you know you're going to be catching a lot of pokemon in the next 30 minutes, use a star piece to boost your stardust. Like for example on community days.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Doctor Rope

iospace posted:

I saw a non trivial amount of people at the community day with multiple devices.

That's because kids realize the game is a boring grind and stop playing after a couple of months so then their parents play on their accounts. Adults love boring grind, they do it 8 hours per day.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Doctor Rope
So people compete in all kinds of things in this game, like who has the most golden gyms and who has won the most gym battles.

But has anyone tried this challenge: While having the maximum amount of pokemon defending gyms (20), what is the longest time you can go without any of them returning and giving you a coin reward?

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Doctor Rope
Is there anything that can make battle team recommendations for team rocket battles from your actual pokemon, like CalcyIV does for raids? Is this already a feature in CalcyIV? Is it planned?

I don't need one right now since I have figured out good teams for the tough battles through trial and error by now, but they're adding new shadow pokemon.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Doctor Rope

HookShot posted:

That costumed pikachu is cute as hell.

It's the best pikachu costume

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Doctor Rope
You can't evolve a mimikyu-pikachu, boo!

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Doctor Rope

BGrifter posted:

However, none of this matters in the slightest and Gengar is the best Pokemon in the game.

Seriously, raids are just Pokemon gangbangs where the boss melts between 20-30 seconds depending on what everyone picks. Always use Gengar for everything regardless of type. Don’t be one of those knuckleheads who tries to use “numbers” and “strategy” in a children’s phone game.

Enjoy some stylish Gengar wallpaper during this holiday season and laugh at those punk suckas wasting their time raiding for Darkrai instead of celebrating the greatest Pokemon of all time.

My team looks like this

so that your team can look like this

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Doctor Rope
And Darkrai is mythical, not legendary. Meaning you can't trade them.

Also mimikyu pikachu doesn't come up with "costume" filter

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Doctor Rope

Cowslips Warren posted:

Why do you want battle passes?

Seconding this question

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Doctor Rope
I hatched my first nincada and durant at the same time today.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Doctor Rope
"How the gently caress did we manage to have daily raids for Giratina and now we struggle to get a raid organized every other day"
-Me, IRL, today

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Doctor Rope
Freezing weather has just completely killed this game. The only pokemon that will get knocked out of gyms are ones that can be reached from a warm place or at least strictly on the way to a place. Nobody will take a 20 step detour to take a gym.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Doctor Rope

slave to my cravings posted:

I can’t wait for it to be somehow worse than 2 months of flower crown eevee.

flower crown shedinja

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Doctor Rope

BGrifter posted:

Yeah, weather dipped below freezing here today so Pokemon Go will be in hibernation for the winter months.

They’d be smart to develop more single player stuff you can do indoors to keep people engaged through the winter months.

If there was a way to get coins without relying on other people knocking out any of your 6 defending pokemon within a 24-hour period, that would be nice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Doctor Rope
(nevermind, I fell for a parody page)

Wheany fucked around with this message at 14:42 on Oct 30, 2019