Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

RELEASE THE FATALITY CUT!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Codependent Poster posted:

Johnny Cage is one of the few characters who doesn't gently caress things up. Which you wouldn't expect based on how he acts. It rules that he's actually someone you can count on when it matters.

Kurt Russell/Jack Burton type?

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
This was not a good movie and I don’t understand how hard it is to not gently caress up what is a simple premise of a Mortal Kombat tournament. Did not like it

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

CubanMissile posted:

There’s no way any of Cole’s stuff was was actually planned. His scenes are obviously hastily re-written parts that were originally meant for Johnny Cage.

You guys were right that MK Legends: Scorpion’s Revenge owns. Looks like WB is keeping up with their long-standing tradition of making terrible live action, but good animated films based on the same thing.

I’d agree with the rewritten Cage part. I’m not deep on MK actual lore but from the first movie the suggestion that Cage is a fraud or over the hill would line up with sort of being a loser in actual fights at this point vs being some kind of previous champion or celebrity or some such.

I wonder if the studio wanted to make their own character so they could pull him out and plug him into their own franchise and MK was just a vehicle to introduce him.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
If there is a sequel then Johnny Cage needs to split punch more people in the balls