Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

To be honest i'm watching it for Scorpion and Sub-Zero. Hiroyuki Sanada and Joe Taslim :dance:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

How are u posted:

Does this come out on HBO Max at midnight EST?

ZSJL came out at 12am Pacific Time, so probably then

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

The first 13 minutes of the movie are dope, the rest of the runtime does not live up to it.

Sub-zero is easily the best part of the movie, all the characters dicking with kano a distant second. Needs less Cole, more Scorpion.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

I will buy MK 11 when they add inevitably add Cole just to beat his rear end

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

*wah wah*

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

Martman posted:

Am I misremembering or did Sub-Zero very oddly decide to suddenly speak English to say "for the Lin Kuei" in the opening scene? Is this like an MK universe thing where Outworlders speak English to link them with evil colonizers or is it just goofy nonsense?

He says it at the end of the final fight.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

Mortal Kombat 1995 had an Asian lead who was actually cool and not boring

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zbms1vse9tw

MK has time-fuckery now, bring Robin Shou back and have him interact with Ludi Lin

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

"Did you know that ssssswitching to geico could sssssave you fifteen perssssssscent on your car insssurance?"

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

When they add Cole to the game they will make him top tier meta so gamers will have to begrudgingly use him to win

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

well why not posted:

I like it because it's stupid: The Arkana (you know it uses a K) is an aspect of destiny - Kung Lao was destined to have fire powers, Kano an eye laser. Jax was destined to have huge arms. When his human arms were destroyed, destiny didn't give a poo poo, and just made good on the promise that Jax's arms would be ridiculous. It just had no care that these were replacement arms.

It means that, had Jax not lost his huge guns, the flesh originals would've been even larger than they were.

just fyi:

Kung Lao = hat guy
Liu Kang = fire guy

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

Halloween Jack posted:

Scorpion's Revenge was a lot of fun and also better written than MK2021.

I really couldn't get into the character design, or maybe it was the animation? Like the fighting was great but everything else felt static.7

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

drat I actually heard that in CHT's Shang Tsung's voice.

And it was GREAT

For me it switched between that voice and George Takei's.

still great

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

Neurolimal posted:

Look he had centuries to learn a few extra words from the other angry revenge ghosts, ok

I like the idea that you can just hang out in MK hell until you get tired of it and leave