Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

I was so disappointed with this movie. Probably my own fault for being so hyped for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

The opening was so good that I think it could stand alone as it’s own short film. It’s almost like it was written by completely different people.

The horror movie elements with Sub Zero were also really cool, just really underutilized.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

His power is plot armor.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

The_Rob posted:

Yeah I rewatched 95 after I finished the new one. And man liu Kang is as awesome in 95. He has so much charisma and anytime cage would give him a sarcastic jab he would give it right back to him. Not to mention his arc was probably the most fulfilling one.

MK95 Goro had more charisma after he got punched in the dick than most of the cast in the new one combined.

Kano
Sub Zero
Jax
Kabal if you could stand him

Everyone else was as charismatic as wood.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

The whole movie would’ve been so much better if Cole was just Skorpion. That’s what I thought was being teased at first.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

Why didn't he do that the second time? Ah well, you see...

Screen rant pitch meeting guy voice: “idunno”

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

With every cool arm shatter there was some super lame stuff like Kung Lao and Goro’s fights but there’s nothing to balance out how lame the fight against frozen people was.

Even Kano wasn’t that cool.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

I’m sure getting the most views ever is great but I have trouble thinking you want to hit that mark with something as mediocre as this movie.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

thrawn527 posted:

You think HBO cares about quality?

I would’ve said yes before GoT, which I never watched but know all about because everyone talks about how much of a letdown it was.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

If a Mortal Kombat game was some dude walking up the floors of a 50 floor tower just fighting MK characters with fatalities and pit finishes and the entire thing was devoid of exposition, just some dude starting on the first floor going up stairs to the 50th floor, I would’ve enjoyed the plot more than this movie.

Also that movie would unironically own. Ever seen Shoot Em Up? Just apply that stupid formula.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

I want to go back in time and experience MK Annihilation but on acid.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Mortal Kombat Mythologies Sub Zero or whatever that lovely game was is not part of the Mortal Kombat universe. I do not accept it.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

I have a lot of fun mashing buttons in mk 11 but I get slaughtered in online play. I think my longest streak in the towers is in the high 20s.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Goro did not deserve the disrespect this movie gave him.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Other than some lovely CGI (Reptile and Shao Khan, mostly) then MK95 holds up really well. Even the lovely shrinking effect when Goro paid the price for breaking $500 sunglasses rear end in a top hat.

Something about Goro in MK95 just seems so much better than the new one. Not from a design standpoint but from a story standpoint. MK95 Goro got punched in the balls and kicked off a cliff and lost in a Flawless Victory; but even in light of that Goro in MK95 was just so much more badass.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Sub Zero freezing that guy in midair and him shattering at Shang Tsung’s feet was the coolest thing my 7 year old brain had ever seen

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Hopefully the tournament is actually a tournament and there can be a side plot with brackets and gambling and stuff.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

the tone and setting of the first scene makes me want a movie with a human Hanzo Hasashi dressed in yellow getting revenge on the human Bi Han dressed in blue for killing his family.

If it was strictly a Skorpion and Subzero backstory with no other MK characters I would probably still enjoy it.

Maybe have Skorpion meet some English speaker who knows how to lasso. Idk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

The United States posted:

The 1995 movie's reported $18 million budget would be equivalent to roughly $32 million today.

The 1995 Goro animatronic cost $1 million of that $18 million alone.

Mortal Kombat 2021 reportedly had a $55 million budget. So lol

$1m on Goro was worth it because it’s 1 million times better than MK21 Goro. And still one of the better animatronics I’ve seen. It would’ve fit in with Jurassic Park dinosaurs (the best animatronics ever don’t @ me).