Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

I still think he's gonna be Sub Zero II, based only on the stupid joke of Cole=Cold.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

Martman posted:

But on the other hand, Coal... makes Smoke

Now we just need to get from "Cole" to "Noob" or "Saibot" and we're in bussines.

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

The_Rob posted:

My wife and I were convinced she was his sister for the first half of the movie.

I was convinced of that too, so imagine my shock when Cole makes out with the mom in the restaurant.
"Oh, the doctor is their mom, that's neat-OHWHATTHEFUCK oh..oh wait, no, that makes sense."

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

Plot was whatever, Cole was boring (it's a shame they didn't give Lewis Tan much to work with, acting or fighting wise) and the fights had too many edits, but I really liked the stupid little mortalk kombat details, like Sub-Zero using Scorpion's blood as a weapon, Scorpion only knowing how to say "get over here" in english, Kung Lao using a jeet kune do move in his fight (the fast punches to the body), his fatality and Lui Kang's Animality were dope as hell.

Cole's plot armor looked cheap as hell, like straigh up foam rubber. Hope they fix it in the next movie.

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

gregday posted:

Not disagreeing with you on any points, but That is …not what “plot armor” means.

I know. I was referencing a joke someone made in this thread. Can't find the quote now : ( .