Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Incredibly missed opportunity to not have Shang Tsing morph into Cary Hiroyuki Tagawa at some point

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Arthur Bowlsworth posted:

At least they redid the piss-poor "Get over here!"

They should have straight up used the game audio for that which is Ed Boonís voice.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Nazzadan posted:

every time they referenced what the announcer says during fights it is absolutely awful.

Counterpoint: the announcer references were cool and funny and good.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

MK 10 also had the Alien and Predator as playable fighters, and 11 has the Terminator, Robocop (voiced by Peter Weller!!), Rambo (voiced by Stallone!!), and Spawn (voiced by Keith David!!)

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Neo Rasa posted:

I just assumed that was the case until Sub-Zero said he killed Scorpion "centuries ago," until then I just figured the itnro scene was them wearing traditional clothes but still in modern times.

To be fair the movie does say itís 1617, although itís easy to miss.

https://youtu.be/xt6BQKxxdCo

Firstborn posted:

Kano had like two good jokes and the rest were straight C-Tier Marvel Movie garbage.
I challenge you to Mortal Kombat, Kano was hilarious and awesome.

Xenomrph fucked around with this message at 04:29 on Apr 25, 2021

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Halloween Jack posted:

It's also always flim-flam. The MCU ended with movies full of loose ends, unanswered questions, and a bunch of time-travel nonsense for good measure, just as a gently caress-you.

The MCU isnít over though?

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

I like the MCU a lot, but oh well.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Senator Drinksalot posted:

I just think action movies should have competent action scenes, something the MCU is very averse to

I dunno what to tell you, I like the action scenes in the MCU.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

teagone posted:

How do you feel about Mad Max Fury Road?

Itís pretty great!

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

forest spirit posted:

Are we to assume that Sub Zero killing Scorpion in the opening was the first time Shang Tsung cheated, or was it solely clan beef?

In the lore it was just a clan beef if I remember right.

Then again also in the lore itís a little more complicated (sorcerer Quan Chi was impersonating Sub Zero and killed Scorpionís clan and family, for the sole purpose of acquiring Scorpion as a revenant).

Editó this video is (tangentially) relevant

https://youtu.be/Eto3TevXmAs

Xenomrph fucked around with this message at 02:33 on Apr 27, 2021

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Halloween Jack posted:

I would like it if they didn't give a gently caress, Nightmare On Elm Street style, and killed off a guy who survived the first movie in the first 5 minutes of the sequel

Like MK Annihilation with Johnny Cage?

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

G-III posted:

Joe Taslim was way too good to not bring back and Noob Saibot being resurrected by Shang Tsung makes 100% sense.
He's contracted for, like, 3 more MK movies so that's all but assured.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

LadyPictureShow posted:

I'm sorry, a guy named Triborg is made up of four cyber ninjas?

One of the four was a ďsecretĒ variant.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

It isnít just a dude in a suit, itís Tom Woodruff Jr, who also played the Aliens in Alien3, Resurrection, and the two AvP movies. His practical effects studio that he runs with Alec Gillis, Amalgamated Dynamics, is awesome.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Rabelais D posted:

Oh wow, it was Amalgamated Dynamics. No wonder it's so good. Goro must have been more expensive that any of the other actors...except maybe Christopher Lambert?

https://youtu.be/vVi2klX_feE

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Halloween Jack posted:

Given that they didn't put Mileena in a C-string, I'm hoping that Kitana and Jade and so on won't be wearing ninja lingerie.

Jadeís default costumes in MK11 are pretty great.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Halloween Jack posted:

It's perversely impressive that, in a game full of scantily clad lady ninjas, they managed to make one whose gimmick is specifically "exotic Oriental stripper."

Which character? Jade looks largely normal in MK11.

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/749990144176450484/

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Wasnít she also a replacement actress because the prior one injured herself during fight training?

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Itís worth mentioning that Final Destination 5 is great and the second-best FD movie after the first one. For the fifth movie in a gory death series, itís pretty slick.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

postmodifier posted:

I honestly had a jaw-drop moment the first time I queued up a fatality against Robocop in mk11, thinking, watch this just be be intestines and blood again

But instead it was electrical cables and motor oil, and that little attention to detail bought them at least 20 more hours of me wasting my life to grind out ridiculous currencies to unlock things I would never ever end up using

I loved it when MK9 started that trend, different characters would have different blood or skeletons depending on what species they were, it was really neat attention to detail.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

A Tasteful Nude posted:

I like that the ghost of a 17th century Japanese man who we are explicitly told only understands Japanese also happens to know exactly enough modern English to yell "GET OVER HERE"

The line is badass and the scene is infinitely better with its inclusion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

gregday posted:

Why do you keep saying "Skorpion"

Bekause there are no ďcĒs in Mortal Kombat