Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

It’s too bad Cole ended up being a little too unimportant/generic, but given the character was studio-mandated I wonder if the writers could only do so much with him.

Hearing the fights are edited choppy almost makes me want to not bother sitting through the film and hope we get a directors/extended cut later with more focus on those. The fights were what I was most interested in since there’s a lot of talent there and it’s frustrating to learn it’s wasted in editing.

Kano is an utter bastard of a character (especially in 11) so I’m glad to hear Lawson did so well. May just wait for a super cut of his parts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

Caros posted:

Sonya reaching for a pen for a split second before Kano told her to gently caress off was the highlight of the movie for me. Which, yikes.

What’s the yikes in context to (since Kano telling Sonya to gently caress off is their baseline character relationship on a good day)?

davidspackage posted:

But really, the audience intro to MK should've just been John Carlton, nicknamed Johnny Cage for his cagefights, an MMA fighter who wants to break into acting, so he tries to sneak a documentary crew onto a boat to a secret kumite (they get left behind, so he films it himself with his cellphone).

I hoped for an after-credits scene where the camera pulled back revealing Cage directing the film we just watched since the games established multiple times that this is exactly what he does after the first tournament. Characters constantly rib him for it;
Kabal even has a specific mid-match dialog telling Cage “Ninja Mime 4 sucked!”

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

Ahhh, the MK Live Tour!

https://youtu.be/zK8FLwj8qIw

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

I want a full on Yakuza-like. Give me kombatants playing MK1 as a mini game and sassing each other during play, heartfelt side quests to rescue some Tarkatan kid’s monster puppy, and karaoke to the original soundtrack.

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

Neurolimal posted:

I'm more interested in a move towards giving men the same sort of sexual expression as women receive in games (specifically, stop wearing pants at grandpa height to avoid The Devil's Belt), but its still pretty cool to see more variety in the MK women's roster than "floss bikinis" and "the MK ninjas, but sexy".

There’s a certain segment of gay/queer men and mascs who really like Kano’s design MK11. Be mindful if you turn safe search off is what I’m saying.

They need to go back to one of Raiden’s old outfits where his hair was down and he had a whole tiddy out.

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

I feel bad how the newer bug lady character is constantly used as the Fatality victim in showcase videos because she has teal blood like a horseshoe crab so the violence doesn’t flag the auto-censors that would otherwise demonetize the video.

Somehow the gore in MK11 feels less awful than MKX, but then maybe the anatomical study is more realistic thus a bit less outrageous? But in my case I always had a very clear separation of special effect fiction versus real life, even MK 1-3 (I too being 40-something); I used to try and hide my MK carts from my much younger siblings in an attempt to be responsible and respectful of my mom not wanting them to play something that violent, but they found them every time!

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

X JAKK posted:

Dollars to donuts the sequel goes Kole Someguy's precocious daughter has an ancient power locked away inside her that is the key to everything and she defeats Shao Kahn with the power of love that makes him explode into a cloud of butterflies.

This would be legitimately better than both this film and the ending of MK11

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

There’s already family drama in MK going back to MK1 and the brothers Sub Zero *and* Scorpion losing his family. If you want to start with “new” characters an audience doesn’t feel like they need 30 years of game experience to know you have Jacqui and Cassie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

Kano hasn’t been revealed for MK1 yet and I’m kinda hoping we get the 2021 film version