Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Escape From Noise

So I'm pretty okay at just talking to people but I cannot ever seem to "seal the deal" with a lady (hold hands). Do you goons have any advice on lines/techniques to help in this department in a respectful manner? Like maybe compliment her on how nice her hair smells? I dunno.

edit: I also sweat from my palms. Like a LOT.

Escape From Noise fucked around with this message at 18:09 on Sep 17, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escape From Noise

xcheopis posted:

Have you tried asking her?

A cold open? Hm. Could work.

Thank you Pot Smoke Pheonnix for this Kickin' Rad sig

Escape From Noise

Kaiser Schnitzel posted:

have you considered dating yourself and holding your own hands?

e:
VVVVV this is always the best advice for most things VVV

I have tried to hold my own hand but then they get really sweaty and slippery and one hand pops out of the other like a cork leaving a champagne bottle and sometimes it slams into something hard or, worse, another person!

Escape From Noise

Heather Papps posted:

be yourself it's easy

I would but it's not possible at the moment (complicated, involves a court order).

Escape From Noise

Heather Papps posted:

wow!

oaky, um change yourself!

I could buy a new hat?

Escape From Noise

alnilam posted:

I have a few recommendations regarding dating. First you could try comparing the ratio of carbon 12 to 14 atoms against the historical record based on the rate of decay. However your sample may not have organic molecules in it. In that case, you could also try a similar technique but with deuterium vs plain hydrogen atoms. Be cautious however as due to the water cycle this ratio varies in location as well as time, so you'll need a pretty robust baseline. Finally, falling that, you could find another sample in the same geological stratus that can be dated by one of these methods, and assume that your sample is from a similar time frame due to occupying the same layer of rock or sediment. I hope this has been helpful

Hm...I may need to take a course at the community college. This is more complicated than I thought!

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN posted:

Stole my answer. I will have to share my real life secret for dating women. I approach the woman and ask her: "hey, wanna make out?" This worked one time in junior high and I have used it ever since. I have been married twice.

I am too shy. I now know that hats are out so would another eye-catching display help with the approach? Possibly a dance. I could try this "twerking" thing that the kids seem so wild about these days.

Escape From Noise

Thanks for all of the great advice so far!:tipshat:

Escape From Noise

Wow. Thanks for all the advice. From now on I will go pantsless. Also will work on making hand squelches.

I'll have to look into that whole "women aren't real" thing too!

Also thank you for the sticky!

Escape From Noise

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN posted:

Have you tried being fascinating and charismatic? Or if that doesn't work, maybe a brightly colored vest.

I think the vest is more within my reach both personality-wise, and financially.

Escape From Noise

Pot Smoke Phoenix posted:

I'm going to tell you the secret to dating.

If you follow this one simple trick, you will attract anyone you want, instantly.

Festoon yourself with magnets

One problem. I do not understand how they work.

Escape From Noise

So I should get a bargain bin MF Doom mask as well?

Escape From Noise

Should I polish these rocks myself or try to find already shiny ones?

Escape From Noise

But would that not attract them to you?

Escape From Noise

lost my old email posted:

the most powerful move is to immediately declare "i'm not trying to impress you lady"

:hmmyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escape From Noise

Serious Post: it's okay..I always drive women away from wanting to date me with my gratingly clingy personality.