Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Someone upthread also said Fox was Marsden (but didn’t cite a source :argh: )

I feel like the fact that Eagle wasn’t even close to being on anyone’s radar made it kind of a disappointing reveal. They’re definitely making the clues way harder this season.

Though I think “Doogie and Doubtfire” is gonna be a killer clue and Fox will be outed by the morning. James Marsden has worked with both Williams and NPH, for what it’s worth...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Fox speculation: James Marsden is so outta left field but matches so well that it pretty much has to be correct. Not at all who I would have expected, but power to him.

Penguin speculation: I've seen a couple people say Mindy Kaling which fits the judges being convinced she's a comedian, but I'm having a hard time trying to fit the "Not Your Secretary" sign with her, or anyone for that matter (the only secretary references that came to mind were Jena Fischer (lol no) and Maggie Gyllenhaal (holy lol no)).

Also I'm disappointed that this isn't the year they get Joel McHale to "sing" for an episode and then immediately gets unmasked. It has to happen, drat it!

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Here's my Fox guess that disagrees with all of you!

WWE Wrestler Xavier Woods!

And here's a clue breakdown:

The Clock! The Clock was set to 10:04. Smackdown returned to FOX on....10/04!
Best work at night! Wrestling airs at night!
Super Hero! come on does this one really need any explanation? Spandex! Fighting bad guys! WOO!
From Doogie to Doubtfire! His twitter handle is XavierWoodsPHD because...he has a PHD! I don't know what the Doubtfire connection is though
VIDEO GAEM Woods has an extremely successful youtube channel, UpUpDownDown, where he plays video games with other wrestlers on the WWE roster.

And also as an aside, it sounds like him and I especially picked up a couple vocal tics that I know he does.

And as a second aside I feel like with the insane amount of tie ins to smackdown that they're already doing on the show that a wrestler is inevitable

Chairman Wow
Feb 19, 2003

My name is Saul Tigh. I am an officer in the Colonial Fleet. Whatever else I am. Whatever else that means, that is the man I choose to be.
I’m almost positive Fox is Wayne Brady.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Hazo posted:

Someone upthread also said Fox was Marsden (but didn’t cite a source :argh: )

Ah well. If the spoiler bar looks small enough to be just a name, or something like Twitter says the Elephant is _______! I don't mouse over it. I like when we try to play detective.

IcePhoenix posted:

Here's my Fox guess that disagrees with all of you!

WWE Wrestler Xavier Woods!

And here's a clue breakdown:

drat, that speculation has some meat to it, honestly. I don't follow wrasslin, so I didn't know there was any affiliation with Fox, but I think New Day are incredibly charming and fun, so I have watched his YouTube channel.

Any idea if they can sing though?

LadyPictureShow fucked around with this message at 04:12 on Oct 10, 2019

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I need one more clue package and performance to be sure but on a scale of 1 to T-Pain last season (who I nailed early for similar reasons :smuggo: ) I'm at about an 8.5 certainty on Fox

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

Chairman Wow posted:

This has to be it

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

I'm coming back with a late addition to add to my Fox theory. The clue package showed video games Marsden is in that Sonic the Hedgehog movie.

Your move, IcePhoenix.

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe

Chairman Wow posted:

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Looking forward to the IcePhoenix vs. LadyPictureShow smackdown round.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

LadyPictureShow posted:

I'm coming back with a late addition to add to my Fox theory. The clue package showed video games Marsden is in that Sonic the Hedgehog movie.

Your move, IcePhoenix.

That part of the clue package is talking about what he does when he's not working, which you could maybe argue still fits the sonic movie but I doubt it and the rocket ship is in the same style as the graphics Woods uses for title cards on a lot of his videos

Cyster
Jul 22, 2007

Things are going to be okay.

Chairman Wow posted:

I just went back and watched the package/performance again, and the shot of the fox in front of three stools convinced me this is correct along with the rest of the hints. Also he sounds/moves like Brady, so y'know.

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

There's no way Fox is Xavier Woods.

Dude is far too jacked for that costume. It's Wayne Brady for sure.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Ooh! Are we messing with Adora?

Dell_Zincht posted:

There's no way Fox is Xavier Woods.

Dude is far too jacked for that costume. It's Wayne Brady for sure.

I think the costume is hiding enough of the musculature that it still could be him. The outfit is real loose.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I could definitely see Wayne Brady. But y'all can :frogout: with the Marsden guesses

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

please tell me I wasn't the only one screaming at the TV that Jeff Foxworthy for the Eagle was not, in fact, a good guess

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I think I'm an episode behind so don't want to click spoilers yet. But man, this show is great. It's the sort of thing you have to sit in front of and watch. Commercials and descriptions don't do it justice. I suspect word of mouth is going to blow it up for a while. Perhaps there will be some big current stars at some point, too.

Without looking at others guesses, I have a feeling that most people are pretty sure that skeleton is Martin Short

Other than that, I could see Rupaul and maybe Drew Barrymore as ladybug. Thingamajig is either a NBA or NFL player. If he is NFL he pretty much has to be a WR as no one else would have that build at that height that I can think of. But what do I know? Probably won't get to watch the new episode until Monday evening, though.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Now that I am caught up. As soon as I heard flower I immediately thought: Aretha
And Fox: Jamie

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

Waltzing Along posted:

Now that I am caught up. As soon as I heard flower I immediately thought: Aretha
And Fox: Jamie

:chloe:

... I mean, that would be a hell of a get.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Not sure which guess you mean. Both would be a big deal.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
...should we tell him?

[Edit: If your first guess was on the Masked Singer, she'd be the Zombie.]

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Hahaha...holy poo poo.

I somehow missed that one.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

sir, you've been in a coma for a year

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
It's not hard to miss a news story now and then. I'm sure there are things you have missed that most people know. It happens.

Anyone know when Prince and Michael Jackson are going to release something new?

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

The Black Sports and Enteetainment HoF clue locks in Skeleton as Paul Schaffer. It’s on the home page of his website.

Nice sleuthing, aseccondduck, who figured it out before anyone!

Edit: Butterfly: Destiny’s Child singer Michelle Williams has a butterfly tattoo. Also, everybody “sayin my name.”

Hazo fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Oct 17, 2019

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Hazo posted:

The Black Sports and Enteetainment HoF clue locks in Skeleton as Paul Schaffer. It’s on the home page of his website.

Nice sleuthing, aseccondduck, who figured it out before anyone!

I meant to correct you earlier but that wasn’t actually me:

ihatepants posted:

I think Aykroyd is too tall. I'm thinking it's Paul Shaffer who famously played second fiddle to Letterman and was also a member of SNL's house band and was regularly in sketches.

Edit: I'm now sure of my answer. I just checked and there were exactly 4261 episodes of Letterman.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Corrected, and a shoutout added to the OP. Nice job ihatepants!

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Alright, here's my absolutely out there, 99%-likely incorrect guess for Leopard:

Corey Glover. The clue package today said 'in living color'. Glover was in Living Colour (the band). The clue 'spotted with the President' In their Cult of Personality video, they showed clips of JFK (and maybe Reagan). As for fashion c'mon he wore a wrestling singlet and a leather jacket before. I don't remember if a clue was related to Broadway, or if the judges were just guessing people that did turns on Broadway, but he played Judas in the 2006 revival of Jesus Christ Superstar.

Man oh man, my arms hurt from reaching so much!

And I'm also probably forgetting clues from last week that would toss this one on its rear end.

LadyPictureShow fucked around with this message at 02:16 on Oct 17, 2019

DocBubonic
Mar 11, 2003

Tempora mutantur, et nos mutamur in illis
I don't want to spoil anything about tonight's episode, but I think the wikipedia page for someone spoils who one of the singers is. I don't know when the edit took place, but I assume it was shortly after the show aired in the Eastern time zone.

DocBubonic fucked around with this message at 02:45 on Oct 17, 2019

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I'm definitely convinced that my Thingamajig guess is wrong. It has to be Oladipo at this point. The Star Wars clue was the clincher (Oladipo's birthday is May 4th)

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

IcePhoenix posted:

I'm definitely convinced that my Thingamajig guess is wrong. It has to be Oladipo at this point. The Star Wars clue was the clincher (Oladipo's birthday is May 4th)

Agreed. other clues, running with the bulls, a divisional rival. Darkest moment was rehab, he tore his quad had surgery an had to rehab for the rest of the season

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
After some of the clues were very easy to find on their Wikipedia page I am now 100% certain that Leopard is extra text Seal

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
One thing it seems like a lot of people are missing is how much the costumes deliberately gently caress with height. Headpieces are super high, shoulders are faked, shoes are platforms. The mike is pretend and sometimes it's being held way above the real mouth or head. Thingamajig isn't as tall as people are thinking, and other characters are doing it too. What can tip you off is looking at the underarm and at the shoes. The thing to remember is that they can become taller or bigger, but not really shorter or smaller.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Reminder that due to the World Series taking over the time slot the last couple of weeks, tonight is a special double episode. Two reveals.

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe
Really not getting into this season. At least Nick is wearing the turban.

Edit: Flamingo was worth tuning in for.

Failson fucked around with this message at 07:26 on Nov 7, 2019

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe

asecondduck posted:

After some of the clues were very easy to find on their Wikipedia page I am now 100% certain that Leopard is extra text Seal

my wife is convinced it's RuPaul

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

FistEnergy posted:

my wife is convinced it's RuPaul

I totally get why, especially considering the giant R U headline but man I can't unhear Seal's singing voice.

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe
I hear the voice too but my wife says there's a bunch of clues supporting her opinion if you know his work.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

asecondduck posted:

I totally get why, especially considering the giant R U headline but man I can't unhear Seal's singing voice.

But there was also a giant POSE headline before that, supporting the Billy Porter theory. It also sounds exactly like him. So I’m sticking with that but I’m also wondering if both headlines were just trolling the guessers, in which case my backup guess is extra text Seal.

God this show is dumb and I love it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terces
Mar 27, 2010

I lol'd at the McCarthy's suggestion that Penguin was Nicole Byer. I'm glad we got the Sherri Shepherd thing out of the way finally though.

I don't know nearly enough about celebrities to make smart guesses (other than I agree that Fox sings and dances like Wayne Brady) but I've been enjoying the show with my family a lot. I like the low stakes format, very different from most reality tv. I wish they had a guest judge every episode or just replace McCarthy's spot with guest judges, why is she even on the show? :psyduck: