Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Terces posted:

I wish they had a guest judge every episode or just replace McCarthy's spot with guest judges, why is she even on the show? :psyduck:

Jenny is there to scream "SHERRI SHEPHERD!" at literally every female singer who sounds like they might be black soulful

Now that she can't do that anymore maybe they'll ditch her

asecondduck fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Nov 8, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Fox is so blatantly Wayne Brady yet people on YouTube seem utterly convinced it's Jamie Foxx who is surely far too big a name for a show like this?

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

I feel like I've lost a little oomph for the show due to the two week hiatus, since it was two pretty 'meh' reveals.

But at least Jenny can stop screaming SHERRI SHEPHERD at every female singer

E:

Also, my guess for Christmas Tree: Ana Gasteyer,

They recently put out a Christmas album, and all of the baking references could actually be referencing those SNL 'Delicious Dish' segments.

LadyPictureShow fucked around with this message at 14:39 on Nov 8, 2019

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

My mother-in-law has proposed a new contender for Christmas tree: Candace Cameron Bure.

Her rationale:
Fuller House is wrapping up so it has the modern relevance aspect. She’s a Hallmark Christmas movie star and calls herself Mrs. Christmas. She has a line of cookware.

This page agrees but it’s a little old.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Even though I still think it sounds like my original guess, I'm almost positive that Wayne Brady extra text extra text is the Fox now.

I think Fox and Thingamajig are gonna be in the top five for sure at this point.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

:siren: Triumph the Insult Comic Dog is in the house

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Eyyyyyyy, I got that one right.

And to follow up on my guess about the Tree. Her clue was a bowl of soup. I'm sticking with my Ana Gasteyer guess, because IIRC pre-SNL, her first on screen appearance was in the Soup Nazi episode of Seinfeld

Fallen One
May 1, 2007

" Whoa! Death? He's come for me!... Death is sleeping too..."

IcePhoenix posted:

Even though I still think it sounds like my original guess, I'm almost positive that Wayne Brady extra text extra text is the Fox now.

I think Fox and Thingamajig are gonna be in the top five for sure at this point.

I hope so (those two, Tree, and Rottweiler are my favorites) but I wonder how hard the show will push the professional singers to be in the final since of those four I think only Rottweiler is. I haven't been terribly impressed by Flower or Leopard (liked his first performance more than his last two) but I'm worried they will both be in the semi-finals if they are both pros.

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe
Rottweiler has a ridiculously good voice. Every performance sounds like the show is playing a recording and/or a better job than the original.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Thingamajig is most definitely Victor Oladipo. He has a deaf sister.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

IcePhoenix posted:

I told my gf that he was a theory. She is very familiar with him and is certain. It took her like 5 seconds of listening while thinking about him to come to that decision. So I am going with that, too.

Also, has anyone else noticed that sometimes the vocals are...fiddled...with? For instance, rottweilers voice definitely had some production done on it. I don't know the terms but there was some sort of echo or reverb. I've noticed this at other times. And it's not for all the singers...just some of them.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Thingamajig is clearly Wayne Brady. I don't watch this show, but my partner is and I watch enough Whose Line to recognize that voice. Also, he knows ASL..

She also guessed the Tree was from Star Trek so my guess is Sonequa Martin-Green

catrkoraz
Sep 9, 2006

FistEnergy posted:

Rottweiler has a ridiculously good voice. Every performance sounds like the show is playing a recording and/or a better job than the original.

Rottweiler is most definitely Chris Daughtry. The voice matches so clearly.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Zesty posted:

Thingamajig is clearly Wayne Brady. I don't watch this show, but my partner is and I watch enough Whose Line to recognize that voice. Also, he knows ASL..

Did you mean to put Fox here?

CaveGrinch
Dec 5, 2003
I'm a mean one.

Zesty posted:

She also guessed the Tree was from Star Trek so my guess is Sonequa Martin-Green

Doubtful as they film in Canada and have been shooting during the show.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Flamingo, Flower, Leopard, and Rottweiler are tonight so I look forward to finding out who the Lepoard is finally.

Also that means Fox, Thingamajig, Butterfly, and Tree are next week and good lord this season is stacked with good singers (even though I'm not as high on the Butterfly as most people).

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I liked the top 4 of s1 more than anyone this season.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Waltzing Along posted:

I liked the top 4 of s1 more than anyone this season.

That's fair but the middle and even back of the pack is leagues better this season

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I legitimately thought that extra text Leopard was going home tonight.

I didn't really have any real guesses who extra text Flower was but I'm not really surprised by the reveal.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I've gotten really sick of Ken. I hope they replace him next season. And get rid of the anti-vaxxer. And the one who cries all the time. I'm sure they can find some good hosts.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Waltzing Along posted:

I've gotten really sick of Ken. I hope they replace him next season. And get rid of the anti-vaxxer. And the one who cries all the time. I'm sure they can find some good hosts.

Ken Jeong always overstays his welcome in my experience. He just gets wackier and wackier the longer a role goes.

SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

seen so much i'm going blind
and i'm brain-dead virtually

Ramrod XTreme

Waltzing Along posted:

idk if i had to keep one judge it'd be ken; this says more abt how spectacularly awful the panel is than it does him tho (also he's the EP so glwt)

every guest judge is better than any of the panel combined and one of those was triumph the insult comic dog

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

SHVPS4DETH posted:

every guest judge is better than any of the panel combined and one of those was triumph the insult comic dog

Every time the dog ripped on the other judges I was like "this is good". Every other time he opened his mouth I wanted to scream. I don't know why they picked a gimmick guest judge to put on a show where I already want the regular judges to talk half as much as they do.

Ken is starting to grate on me but I doubt he'll ever leave. Robin can stay or go, I couldn't care less. The anti-vaxxer needs to go. Why does Nicole sound completely wasted half the time

Terces
Mar 27, 2010

asecondduck posted:

I legitimately thought that extra text Leopard was going home tonight.

I didn't really have any real guesses who extra text Flower was but I'm not really surprised by the reveal.

Same, I think the Leopard picked a more favorable (for lack of a better word) song for the duel and one that matched their persona well. Tbh I thought this was one of their better nights though so I'm not unhappy about it.

Definitely agree that the guest judges are often better than most of the regular ones. McCarthy being there makes no sense to me (lol at her job being "Pop Culture Guru" especially when her guesses are often bad) and I don't think Ken has any singing experience unlike Robin and Nicole so he's also an odd choice. I guess they wanted to add some comedy to the panel but yeah his shtick is getting old in S2.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I thought flower just wanted to go home. Or was already scripted to leave. A lot of hlthe show is obviously scripted. Maybe she had something else she had to do.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Waltzing Along posted:

I thought flower just wanted to go home. Or was already scripted to leave. A lot of hlthe show is obviously scripted. Maybe she had something else she had to do.

How so?

Reminder that next week there's an episode on tuesday as well as wednesday

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
All the voting is fake and it's pretty obvious that the Bigger Stars will stay on for big reveals at the end. I think once you get down to the last 5 or so the producers actually start taking the performances into account.

Load the first 2/3 up with C-Listers so you get the inevitable "WOW! The Otter was really LeVar Burton?!" and then it's a natural development into "Wow! The CowGirl was Jewel!"

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

That doesn't really track for me. Outside of the egg losing to the skeleton I can't pick out a week where I was like "wow they really messed up the voting." But even that one I get why he lost.

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

lmao if it was a real contest and the voting was real then Flower would have won, easily.

I definitely buy the theory that she just wanted to go home.

Luckily when the UK version airs over here next year it will have to be legit due to our regulations. The shows will also most likely be live too (and aired every single week unlike yours which seems to just air whenever the network feels like it.)

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Also some of their guesses are so out of the blue. Ali and the figure skater guessed on their first show? Uh yeah..okay. Clearly the panel is being coached.

And I never want to see Ken Jeong again. I am so sick of him now. Nick and Robin can stay. Everyone else please leave.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Dell_Zincht posted:

lmao if it was a real contest and the voting was real then Flower would have won, easily.

I definitely buy the theory that she just wanted to go home.

Flower was definitely the weakest link that week. It's not an overall grade. You can argue that she tanked on purpose to go home but that's on her.

Waltzing Along posted:

Also some of their guesses are so out of the blue. Ali and the figure skater guessed on their first show? Uh yeah..okay. Clearly the panel is being coached.

Yep they definitely are being fed answers instead of just having more specific knowledge in this area, which is basically where they live their lives.

Even if they are though, why do you care? It's neat having them catch things I never would have.

IcePhoenix fucked around with this message at 08:09 on Dec 7, 2019

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
The egg dressed in a spangled figure skater costume and had very dramatic body language. The figure skater Johnny Weir is like the #1 person most famous for being gay and flamboyant. Nobody needed to be fed that answer, the panel was literally just like "uhhh who's a gay guy, it's him."

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
My wife guessed Johnny Weir for the Egg before the judges did.

And I guessed Raven-Symone was Black Widow, like, halfway through her first clue package.

That said, Jenny absolutely gets fed answers. She'll go through every episode making terrible guesses at who someone is but then as soon as we get to the episode where they get unmasked she gives an uncharacteristically coherent guess as to who they are and oh look wow Jenny was "right".

It's happened at least a few times this season.

asecondduck fucked around with this message at 13:07 on Dec 7, 2019

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe
Thingamajig winning another round felt svripted. He's mediocre at best.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

OK Principal Skinner

Bananaquiter
Aug 20, 2008

Ron's not here.

I can't tell if thingamajig is any good because I hate his song pick every week. Tree was robbed.

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

Bananaquiter posted:

I can't tell if thingamajig is any good because I hate his song pick every week. Tree was robbed.

Agreed.

IcePhoenix posted:

OK Principal Skinner

It is the children who are wrong.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

I was right on the Tree :wow:

Clearly Jenny is a lurker and went with my speculation to get it right for once. :colbert:

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Kind of disappointed about Tree because I really loved the Elvira guess.

Also I'm super happy about my positive identification of (spoilers for tonight) Seal being Leopard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

When Ken guessed Oladipo for the Thingamajig I started questioning everything I knew.

Kind of shocked Leopard went out instead of Rottweiler but the finals are gonna be great either way.