Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

IcePhoenix posted:

Robot sang his entire song in monotone of course he got kicked first ya dinguses (dingi?)

I want Tiger gone because I have a feeling he's Gronk.

Go to Hell, Tiger.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

LadyPictureShow posted:

I want Tiger gone because I have a feeling he's Gronk.

Go to Hell, Tiger.

he absolutely is and is absolutely gone on wednesday lol

If I had to hazard a guess I think the producers expected Lil' Wayne to actually try so that they could unmask a massive football star on the Super Bowl episode

Kowak
Jan 1, 2007

The second I heard the robot's voice I told my wife who it was. Makes me wonder if the bad guesses are scripted or if the judges are really that bad.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

IcePhoenix, you had the theory Fox was Xavier Woods.

Given the assload of WWE ads, and Ken guessing John Cena, you got any bets on which WWE wrassler, past or present, we might get this season?

I feel like there's bound to be a crossover this season.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I feel like last season was the time to do it, and I guessed Woods because there were a lot of hints that I felt pointed to him + the voice sounded really similar.

If I had to pick someone from the Smackdown roster to be on the show I guess it would be Elias. Well, or Woods but he was recovering from a torn Achilles when this was filmed (and still is) so that's a no go.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Well, now I'm hoping if there is someone from the WWE this season, we get the one true choice...

(He was a vocalist back in the 60s)

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I don't think Hulk Hogan would allow himself to be separated from his phylactery enough for Jimmy Hart to stay hidden.

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

IcePhoenix posted:

Man it's a real shame that they can't get Jamie Foxx to just be a permanent judge

The rest of the panel (except Thicke, he seems okay still) should be embarrassed how much he outclassed them. It's all such charmless schtick from them.

The Tiger costume at least looks incredible. empty text Gronk seems like a good guess.

Was blindsided by Robot's reveal, and was also pretty sure it was Steve O or Bam Margera from the clue package. So the idiot is me.

Failson fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Feb 6, 2020

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

you're looking for [spoiler] not [s]

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
The second I saw the Tiger I thought it was Gronk. Before he even said a word or the hint package.
I think the monster is Wanda Sykes.

Gronk has been in 4 super bowls. So someone else has been in 5 unless they have two other ex players. Also, didn't they say there were 9 in that one group? Or is it for the whole season?

There are 10 or so players w/ 5 appearances. Most are fairly old. Elways has 5 but I can't see him doing it. Vinatieri has 5 but isn't he still playing? Haley and Bruschi have 5.

Waltzing Along fucked around with this message at 06:03 on Feb 4, 2020

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

IcePhoenix posted:

Man it's a real shame that they can't get Jamie Foxx to just be a permanent judge

Yeah, he's so much better than Ken

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Waltzing Along posted:

The second I saw the Tiger I thought it was Gronk. Before he even said a word or the hint package.
I think the monster is Wanda Sykes.

Gronk has been in 4 super bowls. So someone else has been in 5 unless they have two other ex players. Also, didn't they say there were 9 in that one group? Or is it for the whole season?

There are 10 or so players w/ 5 appearances. Most are fairly old. Elways has 5 but I can't see him doing it. Vinatieri has 5 but isn't he still playing? Haley and Bruschi have 5.

I thought he was being broad with 'Super Bowl appearances' and that number rolls in people that performed in the halftime show. For example, Nelly has been in two performances, Justin Timberlake has appeared 3 times (once with NSync, twice solo). Gloria Estefan has performed three times.

Comedy option: Kangaroo is someone with one singing appearance, Llama is... Steve Tasker of the Buffalo Bills historic losing streak.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Oh poo poo..that makes sense. I bet it's part 1/2 time show and part player then.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Waltzing Along posted:

Also, didn't they say there were 9 in that one group? Or is it for the whole season?

I think he said nine in just the group.

LadyPictureShow posted:

I thought he was being broad with 'Super Bowl appearances' and that number rolls in people that performed in the halftime show. For example, Nelly has been in two performances, Justin Timberlake has appeared 3 times (once with NSync, twice solo). Gloria Estefan has performed three times.

Comedy option: Kangaroo is someone with one singing appearance, Llama is... Steve Tasker of the Buffalo Bills historic losing streak.

This is good! Maybe Turtle is one of the other NSync guys? That would account for two. Also they're probably going with five appearances for Gronk even though he didn't play in one of the games.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Waltzing Along posted:

Vinatieri has 5 but isn't he still playing?

He’s on the Colts’ injured reserve after knee surgery in December following a historically awful season. This was probably filmed during the regular season when he was playing so I doubt it’s him, plus he’s pretty low key and probably wouldn’t want to draw attention to how bad he was doing. Pat McAfee on the other hand...

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

IcePhoenix posted:

I think he said nine in just the group.

This is good! Maybe Turtle is one of the other NSync guys? That would account for two. Also they're probably going with five appearances for Gronk even though he didn't play in one of the games.

Get ready for Jenny repeatedly shrieking the guess that Turtle is someone she and ~her husband Donnie~ know, because NKOTB was a halftime act once.

And I think Gronk does account for 5 of those 9 times, but it might be wishy-washy since he was on IR and didn't actually play the second time they won.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

LadyPictureShow posted:

Get ready for Jenny repeatedly shrieking the guess that Turtle is someone she and ~her husband Donnie~ know, because NKOTB was a halftime act once.

And I think Gronk does account for 5 of those 9 times, but it might be wishy-washy since he was on IR and didn't actually play the second time they won.

That's why I said probably and mentioned he didn't play in one, yes :v:

As far as Jenny goes, I manage to tune out most of her awfulness somehow. It's a gift, I know.

ghost emoji
Mar 11, 2016

oooOooOOOooh
The llama is definitely Drew Carey. I've watched way too much Whose Line to not recognize that voice.

This show is the closest thing we've got to those fake shows they had on The Running Man. And I bet in ten years, it'll seem quaint.

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

I love that I have an erection...

...that doesn't involve homeless people.

ghost emoji posted:

The llama is definitely Drew Carey. I've watched way too much Whose Line to not recognize that voice.

This show is the closest thing we've got to those fake shows they had on The Running Man. And I bet in ten years, it'll seem quaint.

^^ you were dead right!!^^

I think that turtle is Orlando Bloom . He had clues about surfing, chasing booty, and I assume we'll get clues about LotR and Troy>

MichiganCubbie fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Feb 6, 2020

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

ghost emoji posted:

good guessing!

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

IcePhoenix posted:

you're looking for [spoiler] not [s]

I apologize, I'm not very bright.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Failson posted:

I apologize, I'm not very bright.

We'll spare you this time.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
How has Gronk survived twice? He's easily been the worst each time.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Waltzing Along posted:

How has Gronk survived twice? He's easily been the worst each time.

Robot was definitely worse week one but I imagine his performance as a whole saved him

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

My backup thread title was going to be "Drew Carey's Llama Drama Bananarama" but I liked this one better.

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

I love that I have an erection...

...that doesn't involve homeless people.

Gronk has to be going home. That was so bad and even Ken and Nicole were mocking him about reaching for some note, any note, it doesn't matter what note.

Edit: WHAT THE gently caress

MichiganCubbie fucked around with this message at 02:56 on Feb 13, 2020

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Was Gronk even singing during that group number?

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

This thread should probably be closed because we're all talking in the new season 3 thread linked up there, but while I'm here...

LadyPictureShow posted:

Was Gronk even singing during that group number?

maybe? he didn't have a solo though lmfao

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
I really want to get into this show because I love the concept and costumes, but Jenny McCarthy repulses me so much. Can they release a version with her edited out?

Also I'm hearing that Chaka Khan lost to people who decidedly can't sing and that is some tomfoolery that I dunno if I could deal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

There’s no Close Thread function in the Awful App so sorry for the confusion. Closing now. Let’s all get mad here at https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3914138