Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SidneyIsTheKiller
Jul 16, 2019

I did fall asleep reading a particularly erotic chapter
in my grandmother's journal.

She wrote very detailed descriptions of her experiences...
When someone stumbles upon your hidden stash of evidence that implicates you in some major crime or something, you can just hit them on the back/top of their head and they'll be out like a light and you can go tie them up or whatever. It's extremely easy and consistent.

Right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Yeah but you would have to not hit them hard enough to break bones. It’s like a delicate balance and probably hard to practice. :hb:

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
I suggest picking up a blackjack or wrapping a nightstick in leather. Either will work.

Nice Guy Patron
Jun 29, 2015
Meet me behind the Taco Bell in an hour to find out OP.

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.
Movie bullshit.

Very likely to kill someone.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Resting Lich Face posted:

Movie bullshit.

What a wiener!

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.

Can we try it on you?

Vastarien
Dec 20, 2012

Where I live is nightmare, thus a certain nonchalance.

Buglord
The trick is to use a karate chop.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Do a Vulcan nerve pinch but on their nutsack.
This might not work on ladies.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Can we try it on you?

Yeah right. My massive muscles would get in the way and probably break your hand or something.

eSports Chaebol
Feb 22, 2005

Yeah, actually, gamers in the house forever,

Movie bullshit.

The same is true of tranquilizing/sedating someone. It is VERY EASY to find a dose that will reliably knock a person out. It is VERY HARD to find a dose that will knock them out and NOT kill them, and you have to account for their size/metabolism/medical history etc.: you know, stuff people study in school for years to be able to do. A good example is when the Russians killed a bunch of hostages in that theater when they knocked everyone out with gas.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

The is is why instead of sedating people with gas they should have just smoked them up with super weed

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
whats the deal with a blackjack anyways. i never understood that weap

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Like you're not gonna commit a major crime/terror act while high,on weed. Then 30 min after the cops could have brought in some pizza and de-escalated the whole thing

SidneyIsTheKiller
Jul 16, 2019

my dog died im sad posted:

Meet me behind the Taco Bell in an hour to find out OP.

Alright I'm here, what's this all about?

And now you're not saying anything and merely gesturing to me to go on ahead of you.

Yeah, alright fine, but this better be good...

Oh.

Oh my god.

It's here. It was all right here!

S-someone's got to call the pol--

*UNGH*

Smiling Mandrill
Jan 19, 2015

The only reliable instant KO is a strong strike to the chin. Temples work too but are rarely instant, and usually will leave the guy who got hit wobbly, but conscious. Basically Ko's are caused by the brain bouncing up against the inside of the skull. The best, and "safest" way to make that happen is if you can cause the head to whiplash by striking the chin. Hits to the back and side of the head with a blunt object are just as likely to kill you as they are KO you.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Smythe posted:

A lot of people are incapacitated by the concept of counting higher than 10, much less 20.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Resist the urge to poo poo in they’re skull. :hb:

VileLL
Oct 3, 2015

i can

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

super mario bitch this poo poo is already on the record

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Outrail posted:

A lot of people are incapacitated by the concept of counting higher than 10, much less 20.

argh

SidneyIsTheKiller
Jul 16, 2019

I think we need to consult with Ralph Fiennes about this. Ralph, what do you think, is it really that easy?

deadeyez
Jan 31, 2015

Fun Shoe
It's my understanding that when attempting to knock someone out, hitting the forehead is the worst option due to the thickness of the skull. Hitting the back of the skull is more likely to break their neck. The side and temples can kill someone. The top is likely to shatter.

Don't try to knock anyone out in out hit unless you are willing to accept killing them, in which case, why stop at one hit? Keep going!

deadeyez
Jan 31, 2015

Fun Shoe
Someone post an image of that guy with the cereal bowl skull.

Lordshmee
Nov 23, 2007

I hate you, Milkman Dan

eSports Chaebol posted:

The same is true of tranquilizing/sedating someone. It is VERY EASY to find a dose that will reliably knock a person out. It is VERY HARD to find a dose that will knock them out and NOT kill them, and you have to account for their size/metabolism/medical history etc.: you know, stuff people study in school for years to be able to do. A good example is when the Russians killed a bunch of hostages in that theater when they knocked everyone out with gas.

This got me to here: https://www.mayoclinic.org/tests-procedures/anesthesia/about/pac-20384568

Wherein there is a very disturbing statistic. According to the Mayo Clinic, 1 or 2 in 1000 will experience awareness under anesthesia. That sounds like bad odds!

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Smythe posted:

I always figured it was for knocking a guy unconscious :confused:

Also, what kind of animal uses a blunt instrument when a rag and some chloroform is way more effective and looks sweet.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Lordshmee posted:

This got me to here: https://www.mayoclinic.org/tests-procedures/anesthesia/about/pac-20384568

Wherein there is a very disturbing statistic. According to the Mayo Clinic, 1 or 2 in 1000 will experience awareness under anesthesia. That sounds like bad odds!

Looking forward to my next colonoscopy

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
Okay, so there is this seriously awesome pop-art style painting that features this lady with an extremely calm expression chloroforming a dude in a suit. I wanted to find it and post it itt but let me tell you something; NEVER type the words "woman chloroforms man painting" into google. It's, uh, it's pretty bad.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

I bet that leads to a lot of weird deviant art

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Colonel Cancer posted:

I bet that leads to a lot of weird deviant art

You would win that bet, goon. And that's the tame stuff.

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
Videos of say bar fights or street fight and people getting knocked out make me extremely uncomfortable, it's so easy to kill someone knocking them out and their heads smashing on the ground.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Learning about how likely a blow to the head is to kill someone ruined a lot of movies for me and now I cringe whenever that method is used to “nonlethally” incapacitate someone.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
I just show them my post history

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

It really works but you have to be a main character. or at the very least in the introductory scene of a badass side character

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
this is why it's always better to do the traditional neck chop

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Smythe posted:

You're gonna kill A dude.
Or break his ribs.

A knockout in boxing or any street fighting video you see is literally the dudes brain hitting pinball bumpers against his skull and going "ding ding ding" and people screaming for more.

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
if you hit them with this "bottle opener" you'll get some results:

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

And that's why "lmao bro did you see him go down and kept beating his rear end!?" MMA poo poo should be drat near illegal.
loving hate that poo poo.

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1MuMrZChYVk

Hell yeah you can

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

theres only two types of knockouts in real life: ones that last for a few seconds and give you CTE, and ones that last for longer and mean you are going to die