Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019
Known gross rainbow-haired millennial "Soundcloud rapper" and convicted child molester Tekashi 6ix9ine aka Daniel Hernandez testified today in federal court against members of the Nine Trey Bloods. Apparently he turned snitch within an hour of his arrest lol

quote:

Tekashi69 has completed his first day on the stand in federal court where he's clearly panicked about testifying against his former friends, gang members of the Nine Trey Bloods.

Altogether, he spent nearly 2 hours on the stand -- wearing blue prison scrubs, a white undershirt and still rocking his rainbow colored hair, styled in pigtails. In a courtroom potentially filled with current or former Nine Trey members, he testified he became a member in November 2017, and participated in violent crimes ... including shootings, assaults and drug trafficking

At one point, 6ix9ine even ID'd the 2 men who are on trial. He nervously pointed at the defendants, Aljermiah "Nuke" Mack and Anthony "Harv" Ellison, and ID'd them as Nine Trey Gang Members.

Tekashi testified extensively about his hit song, "Gummo," and how the August 2017 music video shoot introduced him to many of the Nine Trey members. For instance, he says he first met Seqo Billy and told him he wanted to do a music vid with authentic gang members. Tekashi says on the day of the shoot, he bought 3 dozen red bandannas for them to wear on camera.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAs9HZC9c7Y

He said this is when he met Shotti ... who became Tekashi's manager.

Prosecutors showed stills from the music video, and Tekashi pointed out and identified various gang members who appeared on camera. He also claimed Trippie Redd was a gang member, but from a rival Bloods sect from Nine Trey.

Tekashi testified he never had to go through an initiation to the gang, or personally shoot anyone. The gang simply wanted him to keep making hits in order to bankroll its activities.

The snitching, which 6ix9ine agreed to do when he took a plea deal -- will provide key testimony for the prosecutors' case. In fact, he testified he started cooperating with the feds the very day after he was arrested, back in Nov. 2018.

As we've reported ... Tekashi was staring down a minimum of 47 years in prison after being busted by the feds on racketeering charges, but he cut a deal in return for his full cooperation.

The feds fear for Tekashi's safety, and he's being held behind bars in a facility filled with other snitches. U.S. Marshals took Tekashi through a secure tunnel to the courthouse, and he's under heavy guard.

For those who don't know, Tekashi 6ix9ine is a surprisingly popular and famous rapper who looks like this:

He started out as a boring loser with no gang ties who insulted people on instagram. He video streamed having sex with a 13 year old but somehow with the help of his media connections he got away with it. He put 14 songs on the Billboard chart and at one point even hung out with Kanye West. Now, hopefully, the nightmare is over and he done.

6ix9ine’s fall coincides with the crashing of the entire SoundCloud rap wave: XXXTentacion has been murdered; Lil Peep is dead of a drug overdose; Lil Xan recently went to rehab. Danny was the movement’s defining face. His behavior was unforgivable, but his instincts as an influencer were immaculate, and that only made his critics hate him more, extending the cycle of popularity for as long as it could be sustained.

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-features/tekashi-69-rise-and-fall-feature-777971/

quote:

One day in the summer of 2017, Daniel Hernandez, now better known as the rapper Tekashi 6ix9ine, appeared outside a Brooklyn row house to shoot the video that would make him a star, and eventually ruin his life. Against the menacing strains of his viral hit “Gummo,” he and a crowd of men in red bandannas danced, waved guns and made cryptic symbols with their hands. Hernandez, clad in a green tracksuit, thrashed his rainbow hair and bared his multicolored teeth. At one point, he removed his own bandanna to show off a recent tattoo that would become his most identifying feature: the numerals “6” and “9” that covered half his forehead.

The tattoo was part of a personal rebrand that shocked Hernandez’s friends when he debuted it on Instagram. “I didn’t even know he had done that poo poo!” says Andrew “TrifeDrew” Green, who directed the “Gummo” video. “At that moment, I knew there was no turning back.” Just a few months before, 6ix9ine had still been Danny the deli clerk, with mostly unmarked skin, black hair and preposterous dreams of stardom. Then the dye job; then the tattoos; then the full Tekashi.

The “Gummo” video launched Hernandez on three parallel trajectories — one that made him famous; one that made him notorious; and one that may end his career. “Gummo,” powered by the bizarre, unforgettable 6ix9ine image, was a viral sensation that went platinum in just a few months. That surge in popularity would lead to the uncovering of Hernandez’s pre-fame life, including a guilty plea for child-sex charges, a case that would define Hernandez in the public eye. But it was his introduction to Kifano Jordan, a.k.a. “Shotti,” that would be the most consequential part of that summer day in Brooklyn. Shotti was allegedly a member of the Nine Trey Gangsta Bloods, a subset of the violent prison gang founded at New York’s Rikers Island jail in 1993. He produced the crowd of menacing young men in the video, and in time would become Tekashi’s unofficial manager. Later, authorities allege, he would threaten Tekashi’s life.

People who knew Hernandez well agree that, before he met Shotti, he hadn’t been involved in gang life at all. But just more than 12 months after that video shoot in Brooklyn, Hernandez would be in a jail cell facing 32 years to life on charges that included armed robbery and attempted murder.

JK Fresco fucked around with this message at 01:20 on Sep 18, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019
To some observers, Danny’s arrest wasn’t a surprise. “All the politics, all the beef, it was like… You can’t just be speeding down the highway without expecting to crash,” Andrew says.

But why would he feel the need to behave this way, I ask Andrew. Why on Earth would a platinum-selling recording artist stick up some kid on the street for a backpack?

“The internet,” Andrew says.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
The internet is also my excuse for everything.

Schlong Connery
Jan 20, 2014

Pika-Chew
I had to look up who this is. Lol, i bopped it to that dumb bebe song in Colombia. Everyone did. Guess he's dead now

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
Tekashi Snitch9nine

Mooseykins
Aug 9, 2013

Triangle tits and an annoying sex voice?

Fuuuuck youuuuu sluuuut!
Soooooo are we taking bets on how long before he gets shanked in prison?

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

I can't imagine giving a single gently caress about this guy

:thumbsup: op, nice work

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Lol it’s the sex number

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

Burt Sexual posted:

Lol it’s the sex number

hell yeah

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019

Julius CSAR posted:

Tekashi Snitch9ine

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
I refuse to believe that this man, whom tattooed “69” on his face and chest would be dumb enough to join a gang, and you won’t convince me otherwise OP

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

Do it ironically posted:

I refuse to believe that this man, whom tattooed “69” on his face and chest would be dumb enough to join a gang, and you won’t convince me otherwise OP

alternatively, I refuse to believe an actual gang thought this guy was an actual gangster

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019

Honky Dong Country posted:

alternatively, I refuse to believe an actual gang thought this guy was an actual gangster

They didn't. They didn't actually make him a member, they just let him hang around in exchange for money and fame

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Is there a tldr because that was a huge effort post on a lovely rappper I guess

Mooseykins
Aug 9, 2013

Fuuuuck youuuuu sluuuut!

Honky Dong Country posted:

They didn't, he was kinda like an "horourary member" because he was giving them money in order to be affiliated with them. Which they gladly took because it was free money.

He's hosed now anyway. Even once he's out of prison he's a marked man, he can't exactly hide with all them tattoos on his face.

redm
Feb 20, 2016

Sugartime Jones
street cred: invalidated

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019

Burt Sexual posted:

Is there a tldr because that was a huge effort post on a lovely rappper I guess

He started out as a trollish loser with no gang ties who insulted people on instagram. He video streamed having sex with a 13 year old but somehow with the help of his media connections he got away with it. He put 14 songs on the Billboard chart and at one point even hung out with Kanye West. Now, hopefully, the nightmare is over and he done.

To some observers, Danny’s arrest wasn’t a surprise. “All the politics, all the beef, it was like… You can’t just be speeding down the highway without expecting to crash,” Andrew says.

But why would he feel the need to behave this way, I ask Andrew. Why on Earth would a platinum-selling recording artist stick up some kid on the street for a backpack?

“The internet,” Andrew says.

6ix9ine’s fall coincides with the crashing of the entire SoundCloud rap wave: XXXTentacion has been murdered; Lil Peep is dead of a drug overdose; Lil Xan recently went to rehab. Danny was the movement’s defining face. His behavior was unforgivable, but his instincts as an influencer were immaculate, and that only made his critics hate him more, extending the cycle of popularity for as long as it could be sustained.

or

Burt Sexual posted:

Lol it’s the sex number

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019
Here's some other soundcloud rappers:

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

JK Fresco posted:

LOL

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Looks like they're gonna beat takeshi

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Influenzer

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Rip lil peep

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

"Influencer" and "content creator" are my least favorite recent internet things

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

I actually enjoyed the informative op, thanks op.

I look forward to seeing how this plays out!

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Can we just dump him in Sweden and let them take care of it?

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

kazr posted:

How about "maker" as in "Come on down to the Maker faire!" and it's like, five dorks with 3d printers who are really into raspberry pi's or something

Mooseykins
Aug 9, 2013

Fuuuuck youuuuu sluuuut!

JK Fresco posted:

At one point even hung out with Kanye West.

Sounds like a punishment.

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

they don't know all alien abduction experiences can be explained by people thinking saving private ryan was a documentary

You drat kids nowadays can't even make it to 27 without self destructing? Pussies.

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
This idiot is probably going to get at least one person in his family murdered because of this

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

I bet if I punched this dude's rainbow teeth he'd just cry

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

Is it just me, or are there a lot more people these days (not just SoundCloud rappers) getting face and neck tattoos. I feel like I see them everywhere

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

I see a shitton of people with neck and below ear tattoos, you are not hallucinating.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Who would wear pig tails in jail, honestly

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

I have tattoos and I'm gonna get a shitload more but I'll never get one that I can't conceal because people suck and I like having an industrial job that pays pretty good.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

kazr posted:

They are actually quite hilarious.

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
Tekashi (anal)Sex(inPrison)9nine

Telephones
Apr 28, 2013

he kinda looks like a farmer chewing wheat

Kazak
Jan 10, 2012

Good for him staying on that grind

Mooseykins
Aug 9, 2013

Fuuuuck youuuuu sluuuut!

Do it ironically posted:

This idiot is probably going to get at least one person in his family murdered because of this

Well his former manager, a member of that gang, has already hosed and threatened to kill his baby momma. So i think you're definitely on the right track there.

I wouldn't be surprised if they just straight up try to kill him too. You don't really "leave" a gang, as far as i know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

I'm gonna send this guy hundreds of letters in prison that just say "nice teeth, for a clown to have....at the circus.........idiot"