Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wilmott Snipes
May 29, 2002

It's daddy shithead, where's the bourbon?
Hope it's an error but I only got to pull on Yuffie banner once and not on any of the others either. :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
No offbanners are only for the May Faire banners, that's disappointing :smith:, I think I might have not been paying attention to the slide during the stream.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

im freaking the heck out posted:

Hope it's an error but I only got to pull on Yuffie banner once and not on any of the others either. :smith:

That's the only free pull from this batch. There will be more free banners for the May Faire.

Edit: Unless you mean the game wouldn't let you pull at all, in which case :psyduck:

TheDisreputableDog
Oct 13, 2005
Hi thread - I’m relatively new, just a handful of CP 70 weapons (Cloud, Leo, Squall, Kam’Lanaut) and only one EXd (my man Steiner). I saved up so I could pity at least Hope and maybe get Lightning, and got Hope on pull 1 and 2 Lightnings on pull 2 (!!).

Should I keep going for the guaranteed Shadow, or maybe sit on my gems for another good support or mage?

cams
Mar 28, 2003

TheDisreputableDog posted:

Hi thread - I’m relatively new, just a handful of CP 70 weapons (Cloud, Leo, Squall, Kam’Lanaut) and only one EXd (my man Steiner). I saved up so I could pity at least Hope and maybe get Lightning, and got Hope on pull 1 and 2 Lightnings on pull 2 (!!).

Should I keep going for the guaranteed Shadow, or maybe sit on my gems for another good support or mage?
if you mean you got hope and lightning's ex weapons, save, lightning is far and away the best person on that banner and you got her. you got very lucky with your pulls, don't push it.

if you only got their 15 or 35 cp then pull if you want em. essentailly, if you pull someone's ex weapon (their 70cp) you have everything you need from gacha to max them out.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

cams posted:

i didn't read and missed that we get 3 pulls from the banners. oh well, maxed out yuffie!

The upside is that any Yuffie Golds you get are now Powerstones.

Ireallylikeeggs posted:

Trying to decide if I want to keep throwing tickets at that banner. Lightning is cool and all but I think I'd rather save my various materials for maxing out Wakka and Kefka because that sounds more fun.

Personally, I'd say Yes. Out of Shadow, Wakka, Kefka, and Lightning, only the last two get LDs after they start in Auguest (Kefka in October and Lightning in December; they also get their BTs then, but LDs are better overall), and of those two, Lightning will be one of the first six to get the Level 80 Awakenings (the other five being Edge, Penelo, Raijin, Vincent, and Zack) when they start in December (though Wakka is part of L80 Awakenings Batch 2 in January, along with Celes, Cloud, Rem, Setzer, and Yuri).

In the end, though, it's whatever you find to be the most fun. It took some getting used to, but the lack of tier lists in this game is one more reason it's my favorite gacha game.

Ireallylikeeggs posted:

Also Aranea/Galuf/Leo makes this event chaos a complete joke.

That team pretty much makes ALL Chaos a joke.

im freaking the heck out posted:

The Yuffie/Lilisette Banner has a Free First Draw, not three Free Draws In A Row. It will have another Free Draw after 7/10 PM Pacific/Eastern Time, then a 3rd and final one Thursday. There will be 2 more banners that will work the same way.

Maybe it's me, but it's kinda confusing how they laid it out. Like Cams, I initially thought it was just 1 Free Pull from multiple banners, not 1 a day for 3 days on 3 different banners. I was thinking about how I wanted to spend my Tickets, when my brain said, "Wait... Is it just once?", and I went back to check the ingame news.

That's when I also saw that it says doing a 10+1 gives you a 100% chance of getting one of 9 weapons: the 15, 35, or EX for Lilisette, Yuffie, or Vanille.

TheDisreputableDog posted:

Hi thread - I'm relatively new, just a handful of CP 70 weapons (Cloud, Leo, Squall, Kam’Lanaut) and only one EXd (my man Steiner). I saved up so I could pity at least Hope and maybe get Lightning, and got Hope on pull 1 and 2 Lightnings on pull 2 (!!).

Welcome to one of the best gacha games!

cams posted:

if you mean you got hope and lightning's ex weapons, save, lightning is far and away the best person on that banner and you got her. you got very lucky with your pulls, don't push it.

if you only got their 15 or 35 cp then pull if you want em. essentailly, if you pull someone's ex weapon (their 70cp) you have everything you need from gacha to max them out.

Being new, yeah, I'd say this. Make sure you got the EX Weapons, then save.

Don't forget to drop your Friend Code in here so we can add you.

TheDisreputableDog
Oct 13, 2005

cams posted:

Yep! Two pulls, three 70s. I figured this is my "once in forever" lucky pull, will save my gems, thanks for the advice.

My ID is 899940404 (hope you guys like Steiner)

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

lightning and shadow in 50k. done pulling besides freebies til like, the broke rear end crust chronicles turn eraser, kuja ld, probablyy

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
Playing a purpled Shadow in co-op is the most fun I've had with this game in ages.

Go best dog friend, go!

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Got Yuffie's EX from tonight's Free Draw!

MarquiseMindfang posted:

Playing a purpled Shadow in co-op is the most fun I've had with this game in ages.

Go best dog friend, go!

Yeah, I've teamed with a couple and :stonklol:

I'm not gonna use Gems for him, but if I ticket him...

cams
Mar 28, 2003

cams posted:

i didn't read and missed that we get 3 pulls from the banners. oh well, maxed out yuffie!
lilisette ex from the third free pull, what a blessed day

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
Third pull was a dupe Lilisette EX so I threw about 20 more tickets at the banner and... got Yuffie EX!!!

Time to get to work on the ultimate art farmer!

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Been throwing tickets hoping for Shadow EX, but alas, it's not meant to be.

Probably for the best, since I don't know how to play him anyway. v:v:v

Also: What is it with Japan and EX?

cams
Mar 28, 2003

i need like... 6 weapon books.

also 900 armor tokens so i can use all my armor books which is kindof insane

Wilmott Snipes
May 29, 2002

It's daddy shithead, where's the bourbon?
Lol, you can have my 10 weapon books. I hate Chaos so I don't even mess with it.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
lol 2x Setzer 15cp on the free pull and I’m feeling like that’s one of the better possible pulls on this banner.

oof. Krile and King. No temptation to burn tickets for a couple days.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
What's the best way to level up characters? Is there a place to grind exp or feathers?

Sillipenda
May 22, 2007
The daily crystal/gold missions give pretty good exp, especially if you get a golden cactar on the final wave. I think they are boosted during this golden week campaign too. Most supports with an AoE can solo it if you're having trouble.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

ChronoReverse posted:

What's the best way to level up characters? Is there a place to grind exp or feathers?

Daily cycle quests reward good XP, and if a kactuar appears, you get a ridiculous amount of XP and gil. Feathers aren't farmable that I know of but the cycle quests are unlimited. A decent AoE character can kill the waves easily, even a three round friend unit. You'll have to put in slightly more effort for a kactuar but not much if you have a strong friend.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
What about wealon/armor orbs? I thought a recent update changed one of the WoI missions to make a good place to farm them.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

What about wealon/armor orbs? I thought a recent update changed one of the WoI missions to make a good place to farm them.

There is actually a WoI stage featuring those items right now! It's the Carbuncle's treasure thing, though it's only temporary. I believe there is still an orb farm in the Artifact farming section but it's not as good as Carbuncle.

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Goddammit this Cello is way out of tune!
Got my shadow EX+. Just need a hella lot more armor things to actually get shadow to be good instead of wearing just one 5* item not even limit broken.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
If I were to start playing this what do I even aim for? It sounds like some people are losing their poo poo over Shadow. Is General Leo good in this game or is he neglected like in all the others?

e: I pulled Shadoww and Cloud's 35cp and 70cp weapons plus some assorted weapons for other people others due to the free tickets and free 10-pull from whatever the current event is so that seems like it could be worth keeping? If so, what should I work on at this point other than shadow and cloud? Apparently I have 30 tokens that can be traded in for armor too. :psyduck:

Evil Fluffy fucked around with this message at 22:57 on May 2, 2020

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
The Lightning/Hope/Shadow banner is probably your best starting point right now. All three are top tier, pretty much. Leo is very good, but his banner has elapsed, and so you won't be able to make him good. I say just pull the hell out of the L/H/S banner until you have all three of their 70CP weapons or have spent 75k gems (300 G-Tokens, which you cna trade for one 70CP weapon of your choice), and they will carry you very, very far. The Cyan/Wakka banner is a trap, do not pull on it, it is worse than useless.

Cloud used to be good but has fallen off recently.

I think the next major hype banner is Arciela next month. Porom is in 28 hours and is decent, but I don't consider her worth gems personally.

There'll be 8 more free pulls over the next few days.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Evil Fluffy posted:

If I were to start playing this what do I even aim for? It sounds like some people are losing their poo poo over Shadow. Is General Leo good in this game or is he neglected like in all the others?

e: I pulled Shadoww and Cloud's 35cp and 70cp weapons plus some assorted weapons for other people others due to the free tickets and free 10-pull from whatever the current event is so that seems like it could be worth keeping? If so, what should I work on at this point other than shadow and cloud? Apparently I have 30 tokens that can be traded in for armor too. :psyduck:

What Marquise said, and also armor tokens are given out at reasonable numbers. You can trade five in for a piece of 35 CP armor for one character; you need four total pieces of a particular character's armor to mash them together to max limit break the armor. Only then are you allowed to spend twenty armor tokens to buy that character's 90 CP armor which will also need four total copies to MLB.

Shadow and Cloud will carry you far, if you continue pulling and get Hope, you got a stew going.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Right now I'm running Shadow, Cloud, and Lightning but I was planning to swap in Hope since I have his 35cp weapon (and Krile's, but it looks like Hope as a support is better?). I tossed the 10k gems from clearing Ch.1 at the H/S/L banner and got a bunch of dupes, including a 2nd 70cp shadow weapon and 2 more 35cp shadow weapons. This game really wants me to use Shadow, I guess.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Hope is better than Krile, in general, just due to power creep. She's more of an offensive support, providing a midway between DPS and battery.

Lighting is also excellent but she's a "selfish" DPS in that she doesn't give anything to the party like a battery or aura to make them better, she just does tons of damage and delays the enemy.

Edit: Join the Discord if you want more of a variety of opinions, there's usually more traffic there than in the thread!

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Shadow and Cloud will carry you far, if you continue pulling and get Hope, you got a stew going.

6th pull on the banner..

I guess I'm good to go.

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Hope is better than Krile, in general, just due to power creep. She's more of an offensive support, providing a midway between DPS and battery.

Lighting is also excellent but she's a "selfish" DPS in that she doesn't give anything to the party like a battery or aura to make them better, she just does tons of damage and delays the enemy.

Edit: Join the Discord if you want more of a variety of opinions, there's usually more traffic there than in the thread!

Cool, thanks. I’ll hop in.

Evil Fluffy fucked around with this message at 02:23 on May 3, 2020

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Finally got Shadow's EX.

Now, the question is: How Do I Shadow?

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Plum Island Animal Disease Research Center. Sounds charming.
Uninstall the game and put your phone under a tree

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Admiral Joeslop posted:

What Marquise said, and also armor tokens are given out at reasonable numbers. You can trade five in for a piece of 35 CP armor for one character; you need four total pieces of a particular character's armor to mash them together to max limit break the armor. Only then are you allowed to spend twenty armor tokens to buy that character's 90 CP armor which will also need four total copies to MLB.

One thing to note, before you spend any armor tokens on a character, check the Lost Chapter page. If a character is on this page they were obtained through an event and ng the normal mode map gets you their 15 cp weapon and two copies of their token armor.

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
Something is really wrong with my game. few updates ago, the game just started running like dogshit, 10fps or slower. I have no idea what caused it and checked the options to make sure nothing was set that would make the game run slower like the power being set lower.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Apparently, the next 3 Free Pulls Banners have been datamined.

Spoilers for those who don't want to know in advance: Next up is Seven and Rem, and the last one is Eiko and Golbez. Someone else has claimed the next banner is Fang instead of Seven.

Kheldarn fucked around with this message at 23:41 on May 3, 2020

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
Hm, I either have all those (Rem, Eiko, Golbez) or they suck (Fang). Oh well.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
I’m kind of glad they were spoiled to keep me from getting too hype about any of the free pulls. They’re pretty much all just power stones to me. I guess Rem would be ok and I’ve already got Eiko collecting dust.

What annoys me is how the 3rd character on these banners would have been awesome. I would have been really hype for Vanille EX and while I already have it, Setzer EX would have been exciting.

Ireallylikeeggs
Jul 29, 2003

Managed to ticket at least one of all of Hope's kit, along with Lightning's EX. Kinda more interested in Hope, cause you can never have enough support characters and I'm not sure about Lightning when I've got Vayne, Leo, Aranea, and now Shadow as my damage dealers.

I'm sitting on about 70k gems before the next big summon payout; is everyone saving for this next class of weapons or is there someone worth going in on?

Also still impressed with how much Cyan sucks.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
Personally I’m sitting at 320k gems and I’m extremely tempted to just go tickets only till the LD era begins. I have way more EX weapons than I have ingots for, and lots of characters that I can take to 0/3 for event synergy the next few months.

The big temptations for me coming up are Arciela, Keiss, and the CoD/Kefka banner in June, Eald’narche in July, then the LD era arrives in August. I’ve seen some people hyping Alphinaud and Aphmau but I’m unlikely to throw many tickets at them unless I get crazy lucky.

I figure I’m likely to hit with tickets on at least a couple of those banners with all the summon board tickets I’m getting. It’s not inconceivable that I could hoard 500k gems to start the LD era with. :woop:

cams
Mar 28, 2003

i've also set myself for saving mode, only 150k now because i was dumb and mercied yuna when i did not realize she was on the free ex protag list. i don't care about anyone between now and then but i'll also spend tickets.

the worst part of this hording might be when the LD/Burst weapons show up because, as much as i love squall, his LD and Burst don't have good longeviity so i might be waiting til, like, noctis to pull.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
The thing about the LD era is that it's a really slow drip feed of new weapons, at 1/event instead of the 2/event or sometimes 3/event we're used to now.

So in theory our resources should go further.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Don't some characters start getting a second EX weapon at some point too? Or is that more of a balance change thing?