Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

I forget who the bow person is, probably yet another Type-0..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Admiral Joeslop posted:

I forget who the bow person is, probably yet another Type-0..

Correct. It's Three Tres Trey.

Funktor
May 17, 2009

Burnin' down the disco floor...
Fear the wrath of the mighty FUNKTOR!
Pretty sure my big pulls for the next month are CoD and Aranea.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

CoD for sure, I'll see where I am after. Haven't spent gems in a while, hoping the tickets will hold out.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Also, no mention of LD/BT for July, so I guess they're starting in August.

I got Aranea when she came out, so I'm good there, but COD, Kefka, and Aphmau are supposed to be really good. I think Kefka needs his LD and BT, though...

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

Kheldarn posted:

Also, no mention of LD/BT for July, so I guess they're starting in August.

It should begin the very event after the one we got up to (Trey) in the stream preview, with a Raid introducing Squall LD/BT. I can't imagine that's a coincidence.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

MarquiseMindfang posted:

It should begin the very event after the one we got up to (Trey) in the stream preview, with a Raid introducing Squall LD/BT. I can't imagine that's a coincidence.

That ends in August, so looks like we'll be a half a month behind the original projection.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
It'll start before that event is over, though. Stuff overlaps all the time. Next stream is 27th, so any time after that. Likely 29th? Could be any time after Alexander finishes though.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
CoD I’m going hard for. Ultimecia and Emperor have done an amazing job of covering my magic DPS needs for a very long time, but it’s time for another magic damage dealer. Kefka EX would be nice too!

I’ll pull hard on Eald‘narche but after that I’m going to try and behave for a while till we get Amidatelion LD in mid August.

Arciela, Keiss, Fujin and CoD in June plus Eald’narche, Garnet and Sherlotta in July seems like a pretty good haul to last till Burst era assuming CoD and Eald‘narche cooperate. I hear Aphmau is great and Raijin too but I’ll probably skip them both.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

MarquiseMindfang posted:

It'll start before that event is over, though. Stuff overlaps all the time. Next stream is 27th, so any time after that. Likely 29th? Could be any time after Alexander finishes though.

That's fine by me. More time to save.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Eald'narche, I forgot about her. Also Strago even if he's not meta.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Eald'narche, I forgot about her. Also Strago even if he's not meta.

Old'nard is a chick?

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
No, he's not. He's the older brother.

But he took a crystal to the face and stopped aging. Much like Prishe did in a different place.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Huh. I've never played XI, no idea where I got that idea then.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Huh. I've never played XI, no idea where I got that idea then.

I played a ton of XI and have absolutely no recollection who Eald’narche is. But his kit looks sweet so I’ll pull for him!

Now if they want to add someone iconic from XI they should add Maat.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

I have no idea who anyone from XI is, and I'm OK with that.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

BGrifter posted:

I played a ton of XI and have absolutely no recollection who Eald’narche is. But his kit looks sweet so I’ll pull for him!

Now if they want to add someone iconic from XI they should add Maat.

For the main villain of an expansion he really didn't get a lot of screen time. Kam'lanaut overshadowed him a lot (deliberately, I think, so him being the real power behind the throne would be a reveal).

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

MarquiseMindfang posted:

For the main villain of an expansion he really didn't get a lot of screen time. Kam'lanaut overshadowed him a lot (deliberately, I think, so him being the real power behind the throne would be a reveal).

I googled a random video of a JP RDM soloing him and it looks a lot more familiar now.

I haven’t played XI in probably ten years by now so most of the characters are a blur. Looks like the last expansion I played was released in 2007, Wings of the Goddess.

If they wanted to add the most busted character in all of Final Fantasy they could add the BLU Maat-equivalent Raubahn. But every time you want to use him in a fight you have to gather a group of 4-5 goons and go farm for several hours for a Blue Mage Testimony first.

Not to be confused with FFXIV Raubahn who actually needs to be the next character added to DFFOO.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

BGrifter posted:

Not to be confused with FFXIV Raubahn who actually needs to be the next character added to DFFOO.

After Benjamin.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
I feel like I keep doing everything wrong in these CHAOS fights. It seems like these fights are so stupidly easy, but I feel like I'm missing something extremely obvious.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
MEOW MEOW CHOCO CHOW

(gently caress Lowtax)

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Remember friends, there is a Discord link in the OP for when the inevitable happens.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

I have 250 Tickets. Odds are, I won't get either COD or Kefka EX with them. However, since Ace shares their banner, I'll probably get all of his poo poo. Yay.

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
I hear the Call of Duty and need more magic damage as well.
Getting Kefka stuff hopefully will be an added bonus.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
I hate Kefka and didn't intend to use him so of course I get two copies of his Ex as well as his full kit while failing to get CoD's Ex.

Put in some more tickets and now have a mlb Ex for Kefka. I'm being sent a clear message here.

ChronoReverse fucked around with this message at 01:18 on Jun 26, 2020

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Kheldarn posted:

I have 250 Tickets. Odds are, I won't get either COD or Kefka EX with them. However, since Ace shares their banner, I'll probably get all of his poo poo. Yay.

Took me 180 Tickets for COD EX, and as expected, I did get all of Ace's stuff. However, I also managed to get all of Kefka's stuff, including he EX twice.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
Finally got around to grinding boards for Keiss and Fujin... oh my god. :stare:

Yeah, that definitely lives up to the hype. Fujin was probably a bit under hyped really. Both characters are going to see heavy use for a long time both as a pair and individually with other teams.

Now I just need to grind out boards for Cloud of Darkness and everything else can wait till Alexander Ultimate in a couple weeks. Well... unless I pull Aphmau, or when I pull Eald’narche, or if I get Aranea off the festival banners, or...

Dammit. The summon board grind never ends.

Gonna sink my time into mapping out a path to clear all thirteen floors of DE Entropy for now. Pretty sure I can get there with my roster, but it’ll take raising a few characters to 0/3 and maybe 3/3ing a couple more.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
I think I have a sufficient number of Ex weapons to get to DE12 but I don't have the power stones to actually get them powered up. Looks like DE10 will have to be the end of the road for now.

And yeah, Keiss is amazing. I cleared the new Abyss Chaos but came in under the score requirement. Instead of doing it over being more careful, I just built a new team with Keiss (and Arciela to lock down HP attacks) so I can launch myself to score victory.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
Got Lion EX in the first five tickets and Aphmau EX on ticket 98. I’m good with that.

Down to 573 tickets but with the free pulls and a little luck that might get me my remaining targets for July. Total for June was Freya EX, Arciela EX, Prishe EX, Fujin EX, Yda EX, Keiss EX, Cloud of Darkness EX, Kefka EX, Aphmau EX and Lion EX.

If I finish July with Eald’narche, Aranea and maybe Raijin I’ll be excited. Then in August my desire to pull drops off a cliff aside from Amidatelion.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
Yeah, I think everyone's pull plans fall off in LD/BT. There's only one new character per banner, so you can go a long while without hitting a fave. Personally, a bunch of the first LD characters do nothing for me.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

My bare minimum :effort: research tells me that in the JP version, BTs are ranked as follows:

Lightning
Noctis
Ardyn
Kuja
Firion
Kefka
Everyone Else
Squall

And, of course, Squall is the first one we get. Current predictions have Noctis in September, Ardyn and Kefka in October, Lightning and Kuja in November, and Firion in January.

My interest in Squall is whatever...

Lightning, Noctis, Ardyn, and Kefka are the ones I'm most looking forward to.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

Kheldarn posted:

My bare minimum :effort: research tells me that in the JP version, BTs are ranked as follows:

Lightning
Noctis
Ardyn
Kuja
Firion
Kefka
Everyone Else
Squall

And, of course, Squall is the first one we get. Current predictions have Noctis in September, Ardyn and Kefka in October, Lightning and Kuja in November, and Firion in January.

My interest in Squall is whatever...

Lightning, Noctis, Ardyn, and Kefka are the ones I'm most looking forward to.

Yeah that matches what I’ve been seeing. I’ll pity Lightning and Noctis, Ardyn I want LD at least for but depending on how costly it gets I’m not 100% on the Burst. Kefka is #4 on my wish list as well.

I know in August Amidatelion is the big LD-only character and I believe Desch is a good tank if you missed the last several? After September I’m less clear on the LD-only characters aside from Gladiolus in November being insanely broken and the top tank for the current era. I think Kurasame is supposed to be the other hype character in November.

I’m leaning toward something like:
August: Amidatelion (pity), Ultimecia (tickets)
September: Noctis (pity)
October: Ardyn (pity LD at least), Kefka (tickets), Emperor (tickets)
November: Kurasame and Gladiolus
December: Lightning (pity), dunno aside from that

Ultimecia and especially Emperor are mostly because I enjoyed them so much during EX+. Emperor is probably my favorite character to play, either Emp or Galuf. I don’t think either Ultimecia or Emperor get a very good LD.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
I blanked out for a moment and exploded 300+ tickets to get Aphmau's Ex.

I guess I'll pity Cater and then Amidatelion but I have no more for anything else.

At least I have power stones again.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
It'll be nice when we go back to powerstones for the LD weapons and don't have to worry about the stupid ingot and book crap except for new characters and can use what we get to actually upgrade what we have.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

ChronoReverse posted:

I blanked out for a moment and exploded 300+ tickets to get Aphmau's Ex.

I guess I'll pity Cater and then Amidatelion but I have no more for anything else.

At least I have power stones again.

You’d probably be better off chasing Eald’narche and skipping Cater if resources are tight. Cater is kind of a gimmick.

Amidatelion is definitely the next big thing after Eald’narche.

Delete those turns!

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Holy crap Aphmau!

Pro: Buffs out the rear end!

Con: Incompatible with Kiess. She fills up all buff slots, so there's no room for his Launch buff.

That said, on her LC 180 quest, I still managed to score 999,999, take 0 damage, and clear in 56 turns using EX+ 3/3 Kiess/Arciela/Aphmau, with no boards for Aphmau, and only 2 poor Artifacts.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
Yeah, Cater is a gimmick that won't work in the Burst age but it's my only chance to get to DE13 at this point. I'm going to have to gimmick solo at least two more DE's to have a chance at all. I figure Kefka and Cater can solo one each.

Probably still won't make DE13 but I'm sure going to try.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

ChronoReverse posted:

Yeah, Cater is a gimmick that won't work in the Burst age but it's my only chance to get to DE13 at this point. I'm going to have to gimmick solo at least two more DE's to have a chance at all. I figure Kefka and Cater can solo one each.

Probably still won't make DE13 but I'm sure going to try.

I haven’t watched a lot of Cater solo videos but on TCC they were suggesting to solo any of the higher DCs with Cater involves several hours of resetting the fight till the RNG goes your way.

I get the DE13 thing though. That payoff is a powerful incentive. I need to do my homework and pick my teams in descending order.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

BGrifter posted:

I haven’t watched a lot of Cater solo videos but on TCC they were suggesting to solo any of the higher DCs with Cater involves several hours of resetting the fight till the RNG goes your way.

I get the DE13 thing though. That payoff is a powerful incentive. I need to do my homework and pick my teams in descending order.

Yeah but I already did DE9 solo with Shadow so I'm well invested into the pain already. I simply haven't played long enough to have a wide enough roster otherwise (also solo'd DE4 and DE5).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

BGrifter posted:

Ultimecia and especially Emperor are mostly because I enjoyed them so much during EX+. Emperor is probably my favorite character to play, either Emp or Galuf. I don’t think either Ultimecia or Emperor get a very good LD.

Ultimecia's LD comes into its own with LD Boards and LD calls (and her Burst). Emperor's LD lets him solo single bosses because his HP++ with it sets off his traps without removing the debuff.

My plans are;

July: Eald'Narche (tickets). Got Quistis, got Sherlotta.
August: Amidatelion (gems), Ultimecia (tickets)
September: Noctis (gems)
October: Strago (gems), Emperor (tickets). Already have Relm and Maria.
November: Kuja (gems), Gladio (tickets). Already have Thancred.
December: Lightning (gems), Rude and Reno (tickets).
January: Beatrix (tickets)
February Ultimecia (gems, on Penelo's banner if I got Ulti LD in August)