Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Also generally Light isn't the only one doing turncheating in a team; she usually has a buddy like OK, Noctis, or Ignis doing turn manipulation to pull teammates up in the order, or someone like Emperor or Garland (or Amidatelion) helping her delay the enemy endlessly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
I finished all Ramuh boards with the team mentioned earlier (Emperor, Celes, Yuffie).
Should i equip the various unequipped skills again? Was unequipping them just a cheese tactic for Ramuh specifically or a tactic that is used elsewhere?
I have been using the same team (since they are my only fully summon board'ed characters) for a bunch of story quests and lost chapters since then, with the same setup as for Ramuh

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

If you're using them to Auto+ your way through the levels, it's perfectly fine to keep them as is. The skills are unequipped for speed, so don't forget to put them back on when doing manual fights.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

So, if you haven't had a chance to play since Y'sh Banners went live, please don't be a dumbass like me.

I did the free pull on the Kuja banner, then proceeded to do 2 Gem Pulls before I realized I was on the wrong banner for Y'sh LD. :shepspends:

Once I moved to the right banner, I ended up with 2 copies of her BT, and 4 copies of every EX, but had to pity the LD.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
I should have known to quit last night, took 10 pulls to get her LD and in that I got 2 EX weapons and that was it. Might just be luck snapping back on me not missing the last 5 LDs and getting 3 burst weapons from tickets.

KenjiKaizoku
Oct 21, 2008
My tickets got wrecked on Y'sh's banner -- 400 tickets to *not* get the LD (just like with Celes), so I reluctantly went to gems....got the LD on the third gem pull. RIP my resources. -_-

Also didn't get the BT at any point during that, so maybe it shows up during pulls for Trey's banner later...but I'm not counting on it given my recent run of luck.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).

Admiral Joeslop posted:

If you're using them to Auto+ your way through the levels, it's perfectly fine to keep them as is. The skills are unequipped for speed, so don't forget to put them back on when doing manual fights.

The only reason for the skill unequip shenanigans was to speed up the Ramuh kills? I thought it had to do with some mechanics cheese. I could have left all the skills enabled and i would have been just as successful? (Albeit slower)

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Ineptitude posted:

The only reason for the skill unequip shenanigans was to speed up the Ramuh kills? I thought it had to do with some mechanics cheese. I could have left all the skills enabled and i would have been just as successful? (Albeit slower)

In a way it was mechanics cheese, in that it was manipulating how Auto+ chose your attacks. (It won't pick attacks that aren't equipped, etc)

I don't know if you would have been AS successful - turns spent by Emp not delaying (and turns spent by Yuff/Celes not batterying) make it more likely that Ramuh will get a turn, and the more turns Ramuh gets, the more probability things will go to poo poo. Cutting out skills makes it more reliable on top of making it faster.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

:siren: STREAM SLIDES! :siren:

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

I know they always shadow out the new release in the back half of the month to try to tease out hype, but doing that with Mog is just so farcical it wraps around to sarcasm.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

I need to remember my plan to use tickets on Terra BT/LD to hopefully get her LD, then gems on Mog's banner to hopefully get his stuff and her BT.

I know I'm going to forget and just blow gems on her banner :negative:

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
If it makes it easier, MOG comes back on Cid Raines banner and he's someone you really want to chase.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Yeah, from all accounts I've heard that the Raines of Pain are the third upcoming rung on the pity-worthy, meta-quality ladder, after Porom and Setzer's LDs.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

https://twitter.com/DissidiaDB/status/1387073080573538307

Ireallylikeeggs
Jul 29, 2003

That owns because I like Caius a lot despite him being kinda mediocre always. His eventual rework plus the debuff cap increase means he might finally become genuinely good.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Between JP and things like Balthier LD/Serah LD Rework hitting Global, this game seems committed to making sure no character is unusably awful for too long a span of time now that Zell has been pulled out of the pit. (Laguna and Thancred are waiting patiently)

This game is also committed to making The Crystal Bearers be the only Crystal Chronicles game of any relevance; apparently the villain of that is being dropped complete with a BT+.

Ireallylikeeggs
Jul 29, 2003

Terra isn't very fun to use even if she pumps out huge amounts of damage. 25k for both LD and burst so that's cool and the burst animation is dope but I wouldn't mind a bit more strategy.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Now that it's circled back around, I'm curious, can you double dip on the challenge quests? Once for the character introduction and once for the lost chapter?

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Now that it's circled back around, I'm curious, can you double dip on the challenge quests? Once for the character introduction and once for the lost chapter?

Yep. They're different events, and the burst synergy character will always be different. First time this came around, the synergy was Ami/Deuce/Layle/Squall, this time it's Ami/Deuce/Layle/Terra.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

:siren: STRAEM SLIDE TIME! :siren:

Teketeketeketeke
Mar 11, 2007

Tifa's broken as poo poo lmao

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Teketeketeketeke posted:

Tifa's broken as poo poo lmao

It's kind of a weird case; 600k a turn on one target isn't too far off from 200k/turn on three targets, so in some ways it's overhyped since that's more or less expected LD output nowdays? But the fact you can just lump all of that in a single action on a single target is what makes it really kind of dumb - Terra can do more damage in one LD cast than Tifa, but it counts down five separate times on a Lufenia orb.

(The broken part is instead the fact her upgraded S1 can almost hit those numbers, no LD needed.)

KataraniSword fucked around with this message at 14:59 on Jun 26, 2021

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

KataraniSword posted:

(The broken part is instead the fact her upgraded S1 can almost hit those numbers, no LD needed.)

I knew she was busted going in, but I didn't know about this. When it happened, my reaction was pretty much :vince: :bisonyes:

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
who's the next ultra hyped character thats going to be silly

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Shoenin posted:

who's the next ultra hyped character thats going to be silly

That depends on what you're looking for.

As far as healers go, Palom LD is absolutely silly and turns her into a better Aerith with even more absurd healing and battery who can also pop a -70% HP Damage barrier on the team if you're expecting a big nuke. That will be next month, and kind of similar to Tifa, she's already perfectly usable now/without her LD if relatively powercrept.

Setzer LD, in August, gives your party the power of the :ducksiren: RNG RAINBOW :ducksiren: and randomly makes any given BRV hit your party does do hit the damage cap. That effect happens regardless of BRV damage reduction or stats, meaning that Setzer LD gives your entire team the power to ignore these stupid BRV-Damage-To-1 effects that lufe bosses love, and basically turns most of your characters into killdozers. A lot of people are recommending pitying it if need be, for honestly good reason.

The next ridiculous DPT unit - ignoring when Vaan gets his rework and his already solid damage goes into the stratosphere - is probably Zidane, but unfortunately Zidane gets the Lightning treatment where they overtuned him so hard that every boss from there on out is 99% immune to his particular brand of bullshit so he's not as absurd as he seems on paper. Luckily, shortly after that, Cid Raines happens. Once again a FF gacha game has turned the mopey FF13 ultracop into a meta-melting unit, and basically the new captain of SQEX airlines, putting Cloud, Keiss, and DK Cecil all to shame combined.

KataraniSword fucked around with this message at 14:31 on Jun 28, 2021

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

:siren: STREAM SLIDES! :siren:

:siren: NOTICE! :siren:

Invaders From Distant Seas will NOT be a 6-Man Quest like it was in JP!

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Kheldarn posted:

:siren: NOTICE! :siren:

Invaders From Distant Seas will NOT be a 6-Man Quest like it was in JP!

Apparently JP hated the setup so bad - probably because of the mandatory BT synergy thing - that the devs had to drop back and make it a normal co-op. A shame but an understandable one - it seems like messing with the co-op formula too much just makes it suck (see also: Sephiroth/Shinryu chaos raid from the Ardyn BT era)

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

KataraniSword posted:

Luckily, shortly after that, Cid Raines happens. Once again a FF gacha game has turned the mopey FF13 ultracop into a meta-melting unit, and basically the new captain of SQEX airlines, putting Cloud, Keiss, and DK Cecil all to shame combined.

OP Raines? You mean, like his LD Call taking down a Lufenia on Turn 4 because it's broken bugged, and gives infinite usage?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFmIJdyOkN8

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Kheldarn posted:

OP Raines? You mean, like his LD Call taking down a Lufenia on Turn 4 because it's broken bugged, and gives infinite usage?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFmIJdyOkN8

We're not going to get this, are we? I've got several Lufenias I can't be bothered to try until I can cheese them.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Admiral Joeslop posted:

We're not going to get this, are we? I've got several Lufenias I can't be bothered to try until I can cheese them.

Hard to say. It seems like an exploitable interaction specifically between Raines's calls and Llyud (the Revenant Wings kid there)'s EX, so it might take way more untangling the spaghetti code to wrangle than it's worth. If that's the case, look forward to every Lufe+ in the foreseeable future being launch-proof.

Ireallylikeeggs
Jul 29, 2003

Tifa is good and all but Noel with blue armor is way more fun to use.

Also 8 debuff slots opens up so many potential options.

Cadiem
Oct 9, 2007
It seems like this has been running at half speed on my pixel 5 since the latest security update. Has this been happening to anyone else? Tried reinstalling and that didn't help at all.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Feels like the game is creaking and approaching Record Keeper levels of jank. Might just be my Chromebook but the game frequently crashes when loading a battle.

Ireallylikeeggs
Jul 29, 2003

Keiss Layle Garland is the most hilarious level of cheese. There's gotta be something kinda wonky with how launches calculate/display damage because I've repeatedly hit 1.2 million damage in a launch with those three and it kinda owns.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

With the teaser Joshua made at the end of the last stream, saying that you don't want to miss today's stream, everyone's been trying to guess what it's gonna be. Will it be another GL First LD? A GL First BT? A BT being released early? A new character being released early?

I say they're all overthinking it. I say it's just gonna be Glacie as a guest host on the stream today.

And maybe even her full return. I mean, with KHUX being canceled, she has the free slot to come back to DFFOO.

Cadiem
Oct 9, 2007

Kheldarn posted:

With the teaser Joshua made at the end of the last stream, saying that you don't want to miss today's stream, everyone's been trying to guess what it's gonna be. Will it be another GL First LD? A GL First BT? A BT being released early? A new character being released early?

I say they're all overthinking it. I say it's just gonna be Glacie as a guest host on the stream today.

And maybe even her full return. I mean, with KHUX being canceled, she has the free slot to come back to DFFOO.

I'd guess an LD, but there are not many options left for a GL first at this point.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

:siren: SLIDES TIME! :siren:

Cor Gameplay Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdQ1vlwvn3w

Kheldarn fucked around with this message at 23:52 on Jul 26, 2021

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
I know there's nothing stylistically different with that Cor art but there's something really off-putting about it. Other than the fact were getting a dud with like 10 mins of screen time before we get anyone else from FFT.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

I know there's nothing stylistically different with that Cor art but there's something really off-putting about it. Other than the fact were getting a dud with like 10 mins of screen time before we get anyone else from FFT.

FFT, Rikku, and Red XIII are their BREAK GLASS IN CASE OF EMERGENCY! things. They know they will absolutly make bank off of them, so they're saving them for when they release something and it tanks harder than the 6 Man Challenge did (though I bet that one came really close...).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
Who the heck is Cor? I have zero recollection of him from FFXV.

Of course I try to have as few recollections of FFXV as humanly possible.