Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

BGrifter posted:

Who the heck is Cor? I have zero recollection of him from FFXV.

Of course I try to have as few recollections of FFXV as humanly possible.

Cor Leonis was the leader of the Crownsguard for Regis, Noct's father.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

He has about five minutes of screentime in the main game but shows up a lot more in Gladio's DLC.

Unsurprisingly, he seems like he'd be a great meme partner to pair with Gladio for a million extra attacks.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
Josh was pretty heavy handed about who his probable best partner is

Ireallylikeeggs
Jul 29, 2003

Cor and Ealdnarche is stupid and hilarious. Nothing can attack you but every time they try you hit them at least three times.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Ireallylikeeggs posted:

Cor and Ealdnarche is stupid and hilarious. Nothing can attack you but every time they try you hit them at least three times.

Cor + Yang + Terra is great too, basically constant aoe damage.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Thanks to Rem and Noct with their turn count shenanigans, and Cor's free Rainbow BRV attack, I managed to complete Cor's CQ in 19 turns. :black101:

KataraniSword posted:

Cor + Yang + Terra is great too, basically constant aoe damage.

Gonna try this one next. I did a fight with Galdio/WOL/Cor, and that was fun as hell. Extra attacks and counters while forced to target WOL.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

:siren: SLIDES TIME! :siren:

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

:siren: SLIDES! :siren:

Teketeketeketeke
Mar 11, 2007

Quistis costume! :vince:

Thanks for doing your thread duty, Kheldarn!

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Can't wait to have a team of Aphmau/Raines/Cor, for that sweet, sweet All Action, All The Time setup!

Aphmau LD to make Raines act next, Raines S2 to make Aphmau act next, and Cor linking with one of them to deal extra damage! :black101:

Teketeketeketeke posted:

Quistis costume! :vince:

Thanks for doing your thread duty, Kheldarn!

You're welcome!

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

This thread is almost two years old and the OP is severely out of date. If anyone wants to make a new thread, feel free.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
£65 to select an LD ahahahahaha

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

This is one of the handful of free games I check in everyday and do the daily mission for.
I haven't really chased any meta characters for a long time and only super pumped up Cloud, Squall, and Lightning when they were giving out all their stuff like candy a while back, so they're my main team.
I have about 600,000 gems and 999 tickets saved up now, is that normal, lol?

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Ultimate Launchy Boi arrives in 27 hours! :homebrew:

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
I just decided to give this game a whirl and it’s pretty good. I started about a week ago and was lucky enough to get Cloud’s BT off the newbie banner, then managed to get Raines stuff from his banner. I kept playing the game to get more gems and now I have Zidane’s BT as well. Managed to snag Beatrix’s stuff while pulling for Zidane as well.

I think I’ll hold off on spending gems again until Ramza comes out on another banner because he’s a cool guy. Also because between Cloud, Raines, and Zidane I’ve been able to clear most of the non-Lufenia content on the banners right now. This game is very newbie friendly right now.

I guess right now I should focus on maxing my summon boards, and considering the amount of potions I’ve been given from leveling up (I’m 250 now) I think I can focus on that safely.

Also between Raines and Zidane I think I’m punching well above my weightclass because enemies just do not get turns.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

PringleCreamEgg posted:

I just decided to give this game a whirl and it’s pretty good. I started about a week ago and was lucky enough to get Cloud’s BT off the newbie banner, then managed to get Raines stuff from his banner. I kept playing the game to get more gems and now I have Zidane’s BT as well. Managed to snag Beatrix’s stuff while pulling for Zidane as well.

I think I’ll hold off on spending gems again until Ramza comes out on another banner because he’s a cool guy. Also because between Cloud, Raines, and Zidane I’ve been able to clear most of the non-Lufenia content on the banners right now. This game is very newbie friendly right now.

I guess right now I should focus on maxing my summon boards, and considering the amount of potions I’ve been given from leveling up (I’m 250 now) I think I can focus on that safely.

Also between Raines and Zidane I think I’m punching well above my weightclass because enemies just do not get turns.

Welcome to one of the best gacha games! It's really generous, and as you can see, with just a little luck, you can murder most regular content in the game.

Feel free to add your Friend Code to the spreadsheet linked in the OP, or just post it here, and I'll add it when I do the next update.

Ramza doesn't come around again until March of next year. Feel free to list some other favs, and I'll tell you when they come back. I have a spreadsheet that tracks this stuff.

Also, in 3 hours, the Harvest Madness Co-Op Part 2 Event will start, and that features 2 new banners. One has Bartz, Faris, and Freya, and the other has Ace, Kimahri, and Lyse. There'll be a free pull on each one. Good luck!

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
My friend code is 728573022.

I’m looking forward to the potential inclusion of Jack Garland so we can kill Chaos. Also however that will work in the surprisingly decent story that already includes Garland.

As for the grind, it seems like the hardest thing to come across are the BT materials by a pretty significant margin. The coins requiring 50 to pick one is a pretty huge number, and the materials to limit break a BT seem pretty tough to come by as well. They seem to be almost game breaking in how strong they are so that’s fair I guess. Especially since Raines don’t got one and he’s OP as heck.

Also since Freya, Faris, and Bartz are some of my other favorites I might just have to spend my tickets on that banner. No gems though, I’ll save those.

V-Men
Aug 15, 2001

Don't it make your dick bust concrete to be in the same room with two noble, selfless public servants.

Kheldarn posted:

Welcome to one of the best gacha games! It's really generous, and as you can see, with just a little luck, you can murder most regular content in the game.

I'm too cheap to spend money on a gacha game, but after a bit of work I can auto battle level 150 content which still below the hardest content, but enough to get past most events and overkill for the regular story.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

So, big changes coming to JP.

Rem of DissidiaDB has put together an infographic about it:

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

:siren: SLIDES TIME :siren:

Cadiem
Oct 9, 2007
Am I missing something with this latest fight? I get 8 debuffs on them and they are still doing their turn warping deal.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Cadiem posted:

Am I missing something with this latest fight? I get 8 debuffs on them and they are still doing their turn warping deal.

They have to have 6+ debuffs on them BEFORE your turn for them to not warp. Which, considering one of their attacks adds 3 (unframed) buffs, that means you need six frames, and you're still gonna eat at least one turn warp.

This fight may in fact be the worst fight, mechanically, in DFFOO's history.

Ireallylikeeggs
Jul 29, 2003

As rear end fights go, that one was about as rear end can be.

If you've got Beatrix, Auron, and Caius, you can off turn damage/break/debuff them enough to make the second wave easy but mad tedious. LDs needed for all three, unfortunately. They warp, you counter twice and then they get broken by Caius' doom debuff. Beatrix removes that loving health Regen buff too

I greened/blued Caius immediately because he's metal as hell and he makes that poo poo so much easier.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
Auron and Maria can counter them to death even through their stupid regen.

Cadiem
Oct 9, 2007
Do you believe Beatrix, Auron, and Caius would work if I don't have Caius' BT? Getting tired of redoing the left and right fights just to try out different groups. Was hoping Auron, Exdeath, and Shelke would work on the second fight, but I can't get past the first round relying on debuff calls.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Cadiem posted:

Do you believe Beatrix, Auron, and Caius would work if I don't have Caius' BT? Getting tired of redoing the left and right fights just to try out different groups. Was hoping Auron, Exdeath, and Shelke would work on the second fight, but I can't get past the first round relying on debuff calls.

I don't think they'd have the DPT to push it out without burst synergy and/or a BT effect, sadly. That's part of the reason I used Bartz for my run of it in place of Beatrix. That did make things harder, but not as hard as if I didn't have Auron or Caius; Auron in particular handles the constant attacking like a champ and Caius handles the orb and like 55% of the Phase 2 bullshit, but neither of them have beefy enough auras (burst mode aside) to punch through Lufe+ tankiness on their own.

Cadiem
Oct 9, 2007
Bartz, Auron, and Cor made it easy. Just need to redo tiers 4 and 5 again, but I don't remember them being hard at all at least.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Ireallylikeeggs
Jul 29, 2003

Jegran has a dick for an arm and he summons a giant dick during his burst so he's the best character in the game now

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

2 days late, but :siren: SLIDES TIME! :siren:

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

So global exclusives are pretty universally going on a cycle of 9, 15, 9, 15, 9... Lunafreya just got released in JP so what else could we get as FF15 rep for our next hype cycle?

Also rofl at Garnet burst, girl just muscled Bartz and Firion out of the support spotlight.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

KataraniSword posted:

So global exclusives are pretty universally going on a cycle of 9, 15, 9, 15, 9... Lunafreya just got released in JP so what else could we get as FF15 rep for our next hype cycle?

Also rofl at Garnet burst, girl just muscled Bartz and Firion out of the support spotlight.

Hey, now! There was a 12 in there with Balthier LD!

Next 15 has a lot of options... Loqi, Kenny Crow, Cindy, Regis, Gentiana, Ravus, Libertus, Crowe, Glauca, Nyx. Personally, if they're gonna add another 15 character, I'd prefer Iris.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Kheldarn posted:

Hey, now! There was a 12 in there with Balthier LD!

Next 15 has a lot of options... Loqi, Kenny Crow, Cindy, Regis, Gentiana, Ravus, Libertus, Crowe, Glauca, Nyx. Personally, if they're gonna add another 15 character, I'd prefer Iris.

Oh right, Balthier and Vincent got their LDs here first and Serah got her LD rework here first. Still largely 9 and 15 for some reason.

Nyx seems most likely if for no other reason than he's technically a protagonist, of a tie-in anime.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

KataraniSword posted:

From Reddit:

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Vasler
Feb 17, 2004
Greetings Earthling! Do you have any Zoom Boots?
Thanks for posting the slides, Kheldarn! I enjoy reading through them.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

You're welcome.

Wait... Cloudy With A Chance Of You're Welcome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teketeketeketeke
Mar 11, 2007

Kheldarn posted:

You're welcome.

Wait... Cloudy With A Chance Of You're Welcome.

LOL! I actually watched the entire stream for once. Never got old...