Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat
Are Scotland-Japan and/or Wales-Aus worth watching?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fallingdownjoe
Mar 16, 2007

Please love me
Having learned that the barbarians mens game was cancelled just as we got off the train, the womens game was good craic. South Africa didn’t deserve to get nilled so I’m glad they got one try at least

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

therattle posted:

Are Scotland-Japan and/or Wales-Aus worth watching?

Sure.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

Both?

GTO
Sep 16, 2003

Wales Australia was excellent.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Don't see why not.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
The Blues & Munster are trapped in South Africa. rip

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

I love Leinster and I couldn't be happier that Jordie Barrett has signed with them on a short term deal.

goatface posted:

The Blues & Munster are trapped in South Africa. rip

Super Rugby is going to be very interesting this year, with the addition of these new teams.

stavros880
May 2, 2005
I like monkeys
Two of the Cardiff squad (maybe including coaches etc) have tested positive for Covid. They have to play Toulouse in two weeks and it looks like they'll have to all isolate for 10 days when (if?) they get back. Will they be able to postpone the fixture? Will they forfeit? Or will the recently retired and promptly unretired Dan Fish save the day with the Cardiff RFC squad?

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

GTO posted:

Wales Australia was excellent.

Wales Australia was not excellent. It was pretty entertaining with lots of exciting breaks but it was also error-ridden with far too many penalties given away. Exciting but not high-quality rugby. It was definitely worth watching though.

I thought that Wales got away with skew line-out throws in the SA game: they got pinged for at least a couple this game (and we’re lucky to get away with others, eg I noticed one at about 74m).

Aus were unlucky to incur the red and unlucky to not win despite it.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

:scotland:
:lol: Saracens

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Yes, good win for Edinburgh.

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

Ellis Genge has signed for Bristol
https://twitter.com/BristolBears/status/1471517979531780102?s=20
nice

HappyCamperGL
May 18, 2014

Giruy Exeter!

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

HappyCamperGL posted:

Giruy Exeter!

The best game no one was able to see.

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

https://twitter.com/ospreys/status/1472601344833986562?s=21

Well that’s loving poo poo, hope he gets all the support and rehab needed

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

Tragedy. The club and greater rugby community seems to be rallying round him so I'm glad he's got that support there for him if he needs it.

HappyCamperGL
May 18, 2014

Nick grigg is leaving Glasgow to go to Japan. Been a good player. Assume that means he won't be in the Scotland team going forward

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

I'd assume so, there's a lot of talent coming through at centre for Scotland. He's been great for Glasgow in his time there so wish him luck and getting a solid payday out in Japan.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

Leicester getting investigated for salary cap breaches regarding image rights being used to pad player salaries.

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'
Marcus Smith is incredible and has extremely good hair

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Just wondering, when would be best for a thread reboot? I know this one started up before the 2019 World Cup, and I don't know if it needs to survive until that point in one form. Would rebooting before the Six Nations be best? I know this isn't a super high-traffic place outside of major tours/tournaments, just thinking it'd be best to have a successor before than after one of those.

Also more than welcome to any thread title changes, though given the recent news it could be Grigg-kun no Daibouken :v:

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
Bath have won their first game of the season!

Against Worcester...
By three points...
After Worcester had a player sent off in the second minute...

God we suck.

Salisbury Snape
May 26, 2014
While a grain platform can be used for corn, a specialized corn head is ordinarily used instead.

England International player arrested for rape in Manchester? Tom Curry maybe?

oh no computer
May 27, 2003

Daily mail article says a 41 year old woman was also arrested, and Danny Cipriani's partner is 41, and it doesn't say current international...

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Terrible no matter who the person is.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

Says the player is 29 so that rules him out and Danny Cipriani's wife has already been on Twitter to tell the press to gently caress off for speculating that it was him because they camped out at their house when the news broke.

Regardless, an awful thing to have happened regardless of who the player was.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Er, maybe.

HappyCamperGL
May 18, 2014

Leinster seem to be not bad at rugby.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
Well, that and Bath are atrocious

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

Bristol seem to be slowly finding their feet again :getin:

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

10 players, including Dupont, are out of the French squad for now after Covid results. Ouch.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
It seems bound to happen to all the teams at some point.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Owen Farrell missing the whole 6 nations means no jokes about his relationship with his dad.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

goatface posted:

Owen Farrell missing the whole 6 nations means no jokes about his relationship with his dad.

Squidge is furiously writing jokes about how disappointed Andy is right now.

lenoon
Jan 7, 2010

goatface posted:

Qualify of English tackling just jumped up

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

lenoon posted:

Qualify of English tackling just jumped up

I thought jumping up in the tackle was one of the issues

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
Exeter Chiefs to drop Native American branding - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/60155782

loving finally

stavros880
May 2, 2005
I like monkeys

Total Meatlove posted:

I thought jumping up in the tackle was one of the issues

Please, this is a serious injury and it isn't a time for cheap jokes. As Michelle Obama said, "when they go low, we go high"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat
I just saw that Gilroy/Rogers tackle. 100% red card. I’m a neutral re teams.