Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Salisbury Snape
May 26, 2014
While a grain platform can be used for corn, a specialized corn head is ordinarily used instead.

Alun Wyn Jones captain, no suprises there.
Still hoping that marlers statement was a troll and he did really have a call up email. Even if he just plays midweeks with the shags, he brings all the comedy to the table.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

I love Leinster and I couldn't be happier that Jordie Barrett has signed with them on a short term deal.
If they're chosen the completely arbitrary but specific announcement times to gently caress with the media, then I have high hopes for Lions Bizarro World 2021.

Captain Joe Marler speaks at 12:09 GMT

Squad is announced 12:28 GMT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CpH6rioAkEA

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

I love Leinster and I couldn't be happier that Jordie Barrett has signed with them on a short term deal.
The choice of captain is far less interesting than the mystery of "what does Tommy Bowe have hanging behind his sofa that the producers hastily made him remove, before recording his interview?"

fallingdownjoe
Mar 16, 2007

Please love me
Delighted that they’re already running behind schedule I guess

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

:scotland:
I hope they use those terrible effects to announce every player.

fallingdownjoe
Mar 16, 2007

Please love me
Oh my God the Alun Wyn teleporter

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

:unsmith:
AWJ makes history as the Lions' first Holographic captain, didn't see that one coming.

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

fallingdownjoe posted:

Delighted that they’re already running behind schedule I guess

I think it was meant to be live, but decided to pre-tape it at short notice with Roger Corman production values?

It was a very bold choice to select a low-res hologram of Alun Wyn Jones.

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

Vaders Jester posted:

I hope they use those terrible effects to announce every player.

I want them to do the Animorphs face morphing thing, to morph between all of the players.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

Big Gav looking terrified a kid was about to run into shot there.

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

I net Lewis Zammit regrests his surname right about now.

Oh never mind, get in there!

Salisbury Snape
May 26, 2014
While a grain platform can be used for corn, a specialized corn head is ordinarily used instead.

That's a good showing from Ireland and scotland

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

Bundi Aki is top quality but I'm surprised they went for him over Slade. Great for Aki there.

Salisbury Snape
May 26, 2014

8 Scots, 10 Welsh, 8 Irish and 11 English

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

Thank gently caress they had The Mish in, rioters across Scotland are now told to go home.

DickEmery
Dec 5, 2004
No Sexton is a weird choice.
Even as someone who hates the sulky twat he's much better than the three who've been selected.

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

DickEmery posted:

No Sexton is a weird choice.
Even as someone who hates the sulky twat he's much better than the three who've been selected.

He's older than half of the coaching staff.

Salisbury Snape
May 26, 2014

Simmonds on the list is fantastic. He deserves a shot especially with the constant snubbing from Eddie

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

Hill over Ryan or Gray is pretty wild given he's a penalty machine. I can see why Sexton didn't go, he's coming off a bad concussion and his body is basically a meat sack full of shattered cornflakes at this point.

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

:unsmith:
Some surprises like Simmonds were expected but Aki and Hill were out of left field. Surprised they couldn't slot Navidi in somewhere, but back row was always going to be a murder scene.

Some of the Sarries guys were lucky but good to see so many Scots rewarded. Overall happy enough with the squad, centres will be interesting in how they shake out but it's definitely the beefiest squad they could pull together which might signal a bit of how they want to play.

HappyCamperGL
May 18, 2014

seems a good squad imho.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

Good squad, looks like it's going to be pretty balanced. Some bolters I didn't see getting in but solid across the board.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Well balanced squad, 8-11 from all nations is a good spread. The prospect of a 0 England backs team is real.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat
Excellent squad. Glad to see Hogg there - I hope he starts. He was the stand-out fullback this year. Generally glad to see good Scottish representation - well-deserved. No single team has really dominated the others so the split seems pretty representative to me.

I think AWJ is a terrific player but watching this year’s 6N thought that he was slightly past his best. Who will start with him? I’d go with Itoje: he’s so talented and his mobility will pair well with AWJ (who is less mobile).

I’m from SA and I think this squad is packed with talent and could well win the series. It should be a cracker. The 2009 series was one of the best I’ve seen so I hope this approaches that level.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

https://twitter.com/GlasgowWarriors/status/1390331238980931584

Oli Kebble looking like the proudest dad when their kid gets picked for the team is awesome

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I think my mass effect is broken
So the New Zealand teams did a clean-sweep of the Aussie sides in the opening round of Super Rugby: Trans-Tasman.

Of course, we should mention that the Crusaders were extremely lucky against the Brumbies, and the Chiefs had to hold on while a man down.

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

The Pro 14 have announced that The Prestigious Rainbow Cup Final will absolutely still definitely happen, as the best team in Europe play against the best team in SA, in an undisclosed location.

Because of the last minute cancellation of cross-border matches, The Best Team In Europe is almost certainly going to be Benetton Treviso, who seemingly get to play against Zebre every single week.

The last anyone heard about potential venues was the Pro 14 speaking with a number of states in The Middle East, hoping to find a host where the game could take place in a full stadium, without any safety requirements or quarantines.

It's shaping up to be such a beautiful car crash :neckbeard:

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Tyma posted:

The Pro 14 have announced that The Prestigious Rainbow Cup Final will absolutely still definitely happen, as the best team in Europe play against the best team in SA, in an undisclosed location.

Because of the last minute cancellation of cross-border matches, The Best Team In Europe is almost certainly going to be Benetton Treviso, who seemingly get to play against Zebre every single week.

The last anyone heard about potential venues was the Pro 14 speaking with a number of states in The Middle East, hoping to find a host where the game could take place in a full stadium, without any safety requirements or quarantines.

It's shaping up to be such a beautiful car crash :neckbeard:

Looking forward to the Bir Tawil No Rules Rugby Cup.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I think my mass effect is broken
Do it at Eden Park.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

Watching the Sharks or Bulls straight up murder Paolo Garbisi is going to be a thing.

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

Bristols 6th disallowed try in 35 mins :cry:

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

Is that 8 disallowed tries between them now?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
The gently caress are they doing?

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

That game sure was something, glad the lads got the result they deserved in the end tho :discourse:

HappyCamperGL
May 18, 2014

That's a red card .

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

Not the best game so far but both sides looking to kick the poo poo out of each other, legally or otherwise.

HappyCamperGL
May 18, 2014

La Rochelle been less bad. But both teams discipline has been poor.

HappyCamperGL
May 18, 2014

Would have been a great try. Top covering tackle.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

Yeah, excellent tackle. Kolbe's acceleration is nuts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HappyCamperGL
May 18, 2014

Not convinced kicking there when you need a try with one minute left is a good plan.

E - almost an hilarious finish

HappyCamperGL fucked around with this message at 18:54 on May 22, 2021