Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.
meh not much in that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I think my mass effect is broken
More dirty play from Ireland. Just gently caress off out of the World Cup, you dirty cunts.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

All Blacks look unreal :stare:

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Santa Alpha, Fox One... Gifts Incoming ~~~>===|>

Soiled Meat
somewhat poetic that their best scoring position is ruined by more lovely play

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
"No, no, no. I need a clear picture."
"Those are all the angles we've got..."

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

:unsmith:
Totally unsurprising, this is the standard Ireland have set over the last year. Clueless going forward, passive and disorganised in defence, shocking skill levels.

Cheers for everything Joe but gently caress me is it time for a re-think.

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

All Blacks looking good or Ireland just looking particularly poo poo in comparison?

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Alright, half time. But Ireland have come back from much worse, so I'm not worried.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

:scotland:
Pretty soft penalty considering the general shithousery that goes on in rucks but that sums up Ireland this game perfectly.

Pail Ale
Jul 3, 2007

Bucket Beer
Pillbug

Looke posted:

All Blacks looking good or Ireland just looking particularly poo poo in comparison?

Why not both?

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

bessantj posted:

Alright, half time. But Ireland have come back from much worse, so I'm not worried.

Lol

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Looke posted:

Ireland are looking pretty poo poo in general. No comparison is needed.

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

Pail Ale posted:

Why not both?

not watching the game so trying to get a feel for englands chances

if they're being that good at the moment then i'm not liking it

Plucky Brit
Nov 7, 2009

Swing low, sweet chariot
Ireland were found out by England earlier this year, but don't seem to have made any adjustments following that loss.

HappyCamperGL
May 18, 2014

Pail Ale posted:

Owens is a good ref

No

Pail Ale
Jul 3, 2007

Bucket Beer
Pillbug

Looke posted:

not watching the game so trying to get a feel for englands chances

if they're being that good at the moment then i'm not liking it

Allblacks are playing like allblacks. Ireland are playing like puddings.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I don't think that the ABs have even got into their higher gears yet. They've not needed to.

HappyCamperGL
May 18, 2014

Without a good sexton Ireland are poo poo and sexton is a useless geriatric poo poo.

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

wrong

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Look who's never heard of Oliver Cromwell.

HappyCamperGL
May 18, 2014

Owens is usually wrong, correct.

Mrenda
Mar 14, 2012
Ireland's plan has been to work their way through the group and then bring out the intricate play in the quarters (and then progress.) Of course it never occurred to them that using the backline might have been something that needed practice in real match conditions before the big game. There's more inventiveness being shown, even with dropped balls, than since before the Six Nations. But you can't suddenly switch on a previously missing part of your game no matter how much time you train (unless you're Japan.)

Pail Ale
Jul 3, 2007

Bucket Beer
Pillbug

HappyCamperGL posted:

Owens is usually wrong, correct.

Correct in giving a penalty not a yellow, unlike the other refs and tmo this wc.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I think my mass effect is broken

Mrenda posted:

Ireland's plan has been to work their way through the group and then bring out the intricate play in the quarters (and then progress.) Of course it never occurred to them that using the backline might have been something that needed practice in real match conditions before the big game. There's more inventiveness being shown, even with dropped balls, than since before the Six Nations. But you can't suddenly switch on a previously missing part of your game no matter how much time you train (unless you're Japan.)

Japan have been together since basically the Top League ended back in February.

The one time Ireland tried something different in a real match situation, Japan beat them.

Jedimastafez
Jun 5, 2005

The Stanley Cup has been kidnapped by Gary Bettman! Are you a bad enough dude to rescue it?
I’m happy to hear and see from Conrad Smith again but yo I thought that guy was getting lawyer money now.

Plucky Brit
Nov 7, 2009

Swing low, sweet chariot
loving hell, Stockdale!

Pail Ale
Jul 3, 2007

Bucket Beer
Pillbug
Who lost a shoe?

Jedimastafez
Jun 5, 2005

The Stanley Cup has been kidnapped by Gary Bettman! Are you a bad enough dude to rescue it?

Pail Ale posted:

Who lost a shoe?

Think it was Mounga

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

No side has been niled in the knock outs have they?

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

loving easy from the abs.

Jedimastafez
Jun 5, 2005

This is enjoyable

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

(stop he's already dead.jpg)

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.
Sexy Bill could do some damage here

Jedimastafez
Jun 5, 2005

Woooo SBW time

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

:unsmith:

Smorgasbord posted:

Sexy Bill could do some damage here

Meanwhile on the Irish bench:

Mrenda
Mar 14, 2012

Vagabundo posted:

Japan have been together since basically the Top League ended back in February.

The one time Ireland tried something different in a real match situation, Japan beat them.

I'm not sure Ireland tried anything different in the Japan game, and my point was Japan, through their training for most of the year, could come out playing an entirely new gameplan and to an ability they hadn't done before. Ireland's first time trying anything intricate with their backs came in this game. They should have been playing in the same manner for all their games, possibly since the Six Nations, without showing their full plan, as they seemingly tried to hide their intent to keep video analysis out of it..

oh no computer
May 27, 2003

bessantj posted:

No side has been niled in the knock outs have they?
Just checked and no. Closest was Scotland who only managed 3pts in '87, also vs. All Blacks.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

oh no computer posted:

Just checked and no. Closest was Scotland who only managed 3pts in '87, also vs. All Blacks.

Ireland could get a record no one would fancy.

lenoon
Jan 7, 2010

Worst opinion in rugby right here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
They're still doing cheeky little pop-passes and casual offloads. Ireland have completely failed to make them tighten up the game, which is what they're meant to be good at.