Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

:scotland:
Nice thing to see is Scotland totally countering the Irish scrum

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Well done Hogg.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

Well, we've reached Peak Scotland.

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010

Vaders Jester posted:

Oh my...that's bad

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

I love Leinster and I couldn't be happier that Jordie Barrett has signed with them on a short term deal.
I'm glad that now we have a video clip to explain to people what we mean, whenever we use "Scotland" as a verb.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Vaders Jester posted:

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

Tyma posted:

I'm glad that now we have a video clip to explain to people what we mean, whenever we use "Scotland" as a verb.

I mean, that's only if they avoided watching anything from 2000 - 2015.

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

:unsmith:
Still not out of sight, if Scotland refrain from Scotlanding they could get the draw!

Glad to see Cooney doing alright here

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

The one time the ref doesn't ping for not rolling away. Christ on a bike Scotland.

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

Yeah Ryan made a mess of that there. Scotland should be proud, I've very little hope of Wales having the same terrible luck week in Dublin.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

MyChemicalImbalance posted:

Yeah Ryan made a mess of that there. Scotland should be proud, I've very little hope of Wales having the same terrible luck week in Dublin.

gently caress being proud. Scotland lost this with poor discipline against a pretty ordinary Irish side.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

Scotland.gif

lenoon
Jan 7, 2010

Kitchner posted:

Almost as if hundreds of years of oppressing a nation and marginalising it has consequences.

Nearly a thousand now, saes bastards

Phil Bennet posted:

Look what these bastards have done to Wales. They've taken our coal, our water, our steel. They buy our homes and live in them for a fortnight every year. What have they given us? Absolutely nothing. We've been exploited, raped, controlled and punished by the English — and that's who you are playing this afternoon.

lenoon fucked around with this message at 22:22 on Feb 1, 2020

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

IT CAN'T BE BARGAINED WITH.
IT CAN'T BE REASONED WITH.
IT DOESN'T FEEL PITY, OR REMORSE, OR FEAR.
AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry
That's not true, the English gave us... Well they gave us a reason to try really hard to beat them at rugby, even when our team can't beat Fiji.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I think my mass effect is broken

Kitchner posted:

That's not true, the English gave us... Well they gave us a reason to try really hard to beat them at rugby, even when our team can't beat Fiji.

Honestly, if you can't beat Fiji nowadays, you don't deserve to beat anyone.

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry

Vagabundo posted:

Honestly, if you can't beat Fiji nowadays, you don't deserve to beat anyone.

Funnily enough I was playing Rugby 20 earlier and decided to do a world cup as Wales after spending most my time playing as the custom team you build or the Cardiff Blues.

First match was against Canada and while they scored an embarrassing try and one of my dudes just sort of freaked out after a kick I scored like 3 tries and beat them soundly.

Then I played Fiji and I swear to god those fuckers jumped down my throat every gap I found, kept winning rucks, and generally were such a pain in the arse it ended up as a 0-0 draw.

I felt at one with my nation's team in that moment.

oh no computer
May 27, 2003

Probably the wrong thread for it, but as someone who has grown up really close to the border and has both English and Welsh ancestry, I think the Welsh/English mutual* hatred thing is really really loving stupid and the sooner it fucks off the better.

*(Mutual ish, in my experience the English mostly don't give a gently caress unless provoked, (instead turning their racist ire on non-british people), whereas Welsh people with massive chips on their shoulders seem to care about little else).

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

Clapping Larry

oh no computer posted:

Probably the wrong thread for it, but as someone who has grown up really close to the border and has both English and Welsh ancestry, I think the Welsh/English mutual* hatred thing is really really loving stupid and the sooner it fucks off the better.

*(Mutual ish, in my experience the English mostly don't give a gently caress unless provoked, (instead turning their racist ire on non-british people), whereas Welsh people with massive chips on their shoulders seem to care about little else).

The Welsh/English rivalry is really never going to go, that's just how things are and probably will be from now until 200 years from now. Like I said though, it's not really a Welsh/English thing, it's an English thing.

Scottish and Irish people have similar attitudes towards the English. In terms of rugby specifically, hardly anyone wants to see England win if their team has lost.

There's nothing English people can do about this, other than don't be an arsehole and understand that you're from a country that treated everyone else like poo poo, so when you're in those countries you probably need to overly demonstrate you're not an arrogant arsehole to sort of counteract those assumptions.

It's just the coin flip of being English and going to America and every one automatically thinks you're smart and what not because of your accent and how English people are portrayed in movies. It's a cultural stereotype that's really not going away in our lifetimes so you have to deal with it.

In rugby in particular its compounded by the fact rugby is a posh sport in England for the most part and most England players went to private schools, whereas in Wales its always been a working class sport and most players went to state schools. So there's some class warfare going on there too.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Vaders Jester posted:

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

Clapping Larry

I still think peak Scotland was being so angry that your match may be cancelled due to a typhoon you threaten to sue World Rugby publicly, then when the match isn't cancelled you go on to lose the match. Then World Rugby says it will let you off if you simply issue a public apology which you refuse, so it goes to a formal hearing, which you lose, and then you need to pay a fine and issue an apology.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Questionable kicking all round.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
Looking forward to blaming the Saracens guys for this, ngl

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

tarbrush posted:

Looking forward to blaming the Saracens guys for this, ngl

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
France look loose, but England just look disorganised.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Which France turned up? The one deciding to destroy England in every area of the pitch.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

big brexit energy

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

Aramoro posted:

Which France turned up? The one deciding to destroy England in every area of the pitch.

Well, we're due a half of bad France...

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Jesus christ Boutier has a loving cannon for a leg.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
This is a shitshow of a performance from world cup finalists.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

This game is great fun.

stavros880
May 2, 2005
I like monkeys
Marler drives at 90 degrees to the scrum? Penalty England. Wtf Nige?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
This is weirdly reminiscent of Wales - Italy.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

goatface posted:

This is weirdly reminiscent of Wales - Italy.

And France-Wales last year, though France have one more point.

What was May doing for that second French try? Shameful.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

So is The Full England failing to establish forward dominance and completely collapsing when a side doesn't roll over?

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

Lol surely they kick some points here

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I think, for the first time in quite a while, Owen Farrell is a weak link.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Youngs is such loving cancer for England.

HappyCamperGL
May 18, 2014

fight! fight! fight! fight!

good try too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Boiling over a little.

Good try that, nice use of the greasy surface.