Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fallingdownjoe
Mar 16, 2007

Please love me

Excellent work Tyma, and thanks also to all those who pitched in to write about their favourite teams!

To curious potential Rugby Fans: rugby is the best and you should definitely give it a go. After one match youíll have a rough idea of whatís going on and will have a fab time!

Iíve had to make plans to watch Wales v Australia in Madrid of all places. Thank god for Irish bars!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fallingdownjoe
Mar 16, 2007

Please love me

Having to listen on the radio as I'm at work. Commentators are absolutely scathing about the Georgian defence.

fallingdownjoe
Mar 16, 2007

Please love me

bessantj posted:

Sneaky Georgian block on North

Ouch, that's a bit nasty.

fallingdownjoe
Mar 16, 2007

Please love me

Caught the final half hour of that match - absolutely immense from Uruguay

fallingdownjoe
Mar 16, 2007

Please love me

loving hell - well worth finding the one place in Madrid to watch that game. So impressed by the Japanese right now. Also pretty damning for the Irish - all the issues from earlier this year right back on the pitch. Out in the quarters again!

fallingdownjoe
Mar 16, 2007

Please love me

Or when Wales beat Belgium at Euro 2016?

God the Williams knockback to avoid the lineout was gold.

fallingdownjoe
Mar 16, 2007

Please love me

Hot drat itís the time weíve all been waiting for! Normally it has to be shoehorned in by whoever is doing commentary no matter who the match really involves but now, NOW finally the lawyers and accountants and round red men of the shires can get together and remember their far off youths whilst shouting boorishly about how no one really understands them...

ďAnd now letís talk about EnglandĒ

fallingdownjoe
Mar 16, 2007

Please love me

(I am about to watch the rest of todayís matches in a London pub so Iím psyching myself up to deal with it)

fallingdownjoe
Mar 16, 2007

Please love me

kecske posted:

you get a way more mixed crowd in london pubs, it's the lovely provincial wetherspoons that's always full of dickheads

Yeah to be fair this place is lovely

fallingdownjoe
Mar 16, 2007

Please love me

Definitely should have been a yellow. Cards for everyone!

fallingdownjoe
Mar 16, 2007

Please love me

I mean, heís probably concussed from that first hit to the head

fallingdownjoe
Mar 16, 2007

Please love me

May as well just have put NZ straight into the quarters then, with that attitude.

fallingdownjoe
Mar 16, 2007

Please love me

Japan are going to beat South Africa and then when they play Wales in the semis I am going to cry a lot

fallingdownjoe
Mar 16, 2007

Please love me

Kitchner posted:

Or Welsh fans trying to act all cynical about their team's ability to perform but screaming at the top of their lungs of one of the players a) touch the ball and b) look in the direction of the try line.

Stop watching me every moment of my life please.

fallingdownjoe
Mar 16, 2007

Please love me

Australia are doing their best impression of Scotland, all slow ball and errors. Hopefully now Geniaís off that might improve

fallingdownjoe
Mar 16, 2007

Please love me

loving hell that was a terrible performance but then again... semi final baby!

fallingdownjoe
Mar 16, 2007

Please love me

Particularly during a tournament as important to the game as the World Cup, referees should not just be impartial, they should be SEEN to be impartial too. It was a dumb thing to do and Iím sure he didnít mean anything by it, but it looks less than ideal. And for that reason itís an error in judgement.

fallingdownjoe
Mar 16, 2007

Please love me

Yeah, it sucks for Williams but heís not been as incisive with his attacks as he can be, so I donít think itís a fatal loss. And Halfpenny is excellent so it should work out okay.

fallingdownjoe
Mar 16, 2007

Please love me

Owen Farrell certainly wasnít carrying anything last match

fallingdownjoe
Mar 16, 2007

Please love me

Ref has been loving dire this game - Wales have been their own worst enemies but France are grabbing necks as if they were killing chickens, and the last pass before the last French try was forward, but the ref canít be bothered to check anything.

fallingdownjoe
Mar 16, 2007

Please love me

goatface posted:

Admittedly, I also hate ITV commentary. They need a natural audio, no commentary option.

Iíve got this match on on mute. Can highly recommend it.

Think that yellow card looked harsh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fallingdownjoe
Mar 16, 2007

Please love me

goatface posted:

Italy are just a bit too close and a bit too slow.

The yellow was apparently required as they can't adjust the red for head contact by more than one step.

Thanks for explaining this!