Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fallingdownjoe
Mar 16, 2007

Please love me
Oh my God the Alun Wyn teleporter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fallingdownjoe
Mar 16, 2007

Please love me
Felt crap this afternoon post-vaccine so I sacked off work and put on Steelers, which I’d been meaning to watch for a while. Thought it was really excellent, so highly recommended for those who are looking for a documentary.

fallingdownjoe
Mar 16, 2007

Please love me
Apparently there’s been a confirmed case amongst the players now. Can’t help but feel that it’s dominos beginning to fall.

fallingdownjoe
Mar 16, 2007

Please love me
The press release refers to him as Tour Captain: I assume this means that he'll be picking the mantle back up from Murray?

fallingdownjoe
Mar 16, 2007

Please love me
Both teams have now been announced for Saturday's game:

Lions
Hogg; A Watson, Daly, Henshaw, Van Der Merwe; Biggar, Price; W Jones, Cowan-Dickie, Furlong, Itoje, AW Jones (capt), Lawes, Curry, Conan.

Replacements: Owens, Sutherland, Sinckler, Beirne, H Watson, Murray, Farrell, L Williams

South Africa
Le Roux; Kolbe, Am, De Allende, Mapimpi; Pollard, De Klerk; Nche, Mbonambi, Nyakane, Etzebeth, Mostert, Kolisi (capt), Du Toit, Smith

Replacements: Marx, Kitshoff, Malherbe, De Jager, Elstadt, H Jantjies, E Jantjies, Willemse

I feel for Adams, who I think has been really sharp in the warm-ups, but can't really fault any of the other Lions picks (although there was a lot of good options). Really looking forward to the match now!

fallingdownjoe
Mar 16, 2007

Please love me
Feels like the Lions have lost their heads a bit - hopefully they can use the break to gather themselves.

fallingdownjoe
Mar 16, 2007

Please love me
Yeah the pass seemed firmly forward. Slightly odd decision all round!

fallingdownjoe
Mar 16, 2007

Please love me
Fun so far, and Basham looking solid.

fallingdownjoe
Mar 16, 2007

Please love me
Owen Farrell's tested positive for COVID, which you'd reckon has to put that whole match in question now.

fallingdownjoe
Mar 16, 2007

Please love me
Really pleased for Priestland there - he’s done some excellent work to come back onto the scene and I can’t even imagine what his head was like before he took the kick.

fallingdownjoe
Mar 16, 2007

Please love me
Having learned that the barbarians mens game was cancelled just as we got off the train, the womens game was good craic. South Africa didn’t deserve to get nilled so I’m glad they got one try at least

fallingdownjoe
Mar 16, 2007

Please love me
Not entirely sure what Smith did to deserve his man of the match award: so far his performances this six nations have been solid but not world-beating.

fallingdownjoe
Mar 16, 2007

Please love me
It feels like France have spent the last fortnight preparing for the England game, and now they’re rattled that Wales aren’t just collapsing (yet)

fallingdownjoe
Mar 16, 2007

Please love me

camoseven posted:

Oh man there's MORE SEVENs this weekend, this is the best!

I was meant to be there. Stoopid covid. My friends are having a lot of fun though, which makes it a bit better

fallingdownjoe
Mar 16, 2007

Please love me
Well, I will most certainly take that at half time. They’ve given away too many penalties, but it’s a massively improved welsh performance so far.

fallingdownjoe
Mar 16, 2007

Please love me
Does anyone know how to watch USA v Chile tomorrow from the UK? Nowhere seems to be showing it.

fallingdownjoe
Mar 16, 2007

Please love me
Looks lovely! I hope you get a great game

fallingdownjoe
Mar 16, 2007

Please love me
Wales are consistently their own worst enemies. Following a forward pass when they had a bit of space with a crooked lineout is just a needless loss of territory

fallingdownjoe
Mar 16, 2007

Please love me

Aramoro posted:

Chile just qualified for the World Cup

I’ve got Chilean family, and I’m loving stoked about this. Down 19-0 down at the break, still came back to make it into Pool D.

fallingdownjoe
Mar 16, 2007

Please love me
I’m not going to be able to watch the game as it happens annoyingly, but the Wales team for the match against the All Blacks is about as fun as it could ever be.

fallingdownjoe
Mar 16, 2007

Please love me
Jesus loving christ. Real loving pleased that Farrell is yet again given carte blanche to go around giving other professionals brain damage through his inability to tackle correctly.

fallingdownjoe
Mar 16, 2007

Please love me
Whilst Wales are just bad and will lose games, I think England are more likely to *implode*

fallingdownjoe
Mar 16, 2007

Please love me
Faletau’s got a broken arm and so is heading home

fallingdownjoe
Mar 16, 2007

Please love me
I know that this is the Daily Mail and is therefore probably a bad thing to share, but I'm doing so anyway because it's a really interesting insight into one of the people who help make international trips with a bunch of young lads and their families just work. It's an article about Caroline Morgan, PA to the Wales team since 2002, described as a 'second mum'.

I also really loved Rala's autobiography about being kitman for the Irish and the Lions - highly recommended if you're interested in seeing a little bit behind the scenes!

fallingdownjoe
Mar 16, 2007

Please love me
Baffling that they didn’t score that last try before Madnessball after the clock went red

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fallingdownjoe
Mar 16, 2007

Please love me
That it will be watched by approximately fourteen people, nine of whom went to the same public school?