Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

:unsmith:
That was impressive defense from SA, gotts be deflating for England.

Youngs has been dogshit so far, still tight though even with england not looking great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

One tuilagi break could make all the difference here, still tight enough. For all SA's pressure they haven't been great going forward.

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

Yeah if England win they'll have definitely deserved it after that semi performance.

Countdown until Cole goes down injured though?

MyChemicalImbalance fucked around with this message at 11:27 on Nov 2, 2019

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

Scrums are strange things

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

What a hit. Do you go corner here?

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

This is the worst I've ever seen Daly play for england, real tough day for him

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

tarbrush posted:

That's forward and Garces won't give it

My first reaction was forward as well..

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

Thanks kolbe for removing some doubt, what a great score

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

Bit of a kick in the balls that he got sacked AND was poo poo at gambling. At least he never bet against Wales.

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

I read somewhere that a player doesn't count towards the cap until they play in the competition, have any of the Sarries big earners been held out of the Premiership games so far? Seems a straight forward enough way of saving cap space but maybe theres more going on.

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

Hmm in that case I really wouldn't be surprised if they're still over the cap and are now scrambling to fix it, will be interesting to see how many players take a cut to stay at Sarries..

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

Bristol have a few stars but also a load of low earners too, would be surprised if they were over the cap but I can't imagine many other teams being in danger. I really don't like Saracens (2014 QF red card for Jared Payne will never be forgiven :argh:) but this reflects poorly on the game as a whole.

Surely they need to strip them of their titles if it's this bad?

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

Ireland kicking things off with a snazzy new team announcement format scratch that imgur isn't cooperating

Ireland: J Larmour; A Conway, G Ringrose, B Aki, J Stockdale; J Sexton, C Murray; C Healy, R Herring, T Furlong; I Henderson, J Ryan; CJ Stander, J van der Flier, C Doris.
Replacements: R Kelleher, D Kilcoyne, A Porter, D Toner, P O'Mahony, J Cooney, R Byrne, R Henshaw.

Not as many surprises as there could have been with Murray retaining his place despite Cooney being in the form of his life - you could call Aki a conservative choice at 12, but with him Henshaw and Ringrose all fit and available for what seems like the first time in ages someone was bound to miss out - Henshaw covers more positions from the bench so it does make sense.

For some reason I'm thinking itll be quite tight, might take a while for Farrell to put his imprint on the team.

MyChemicalImbalance fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Jan 30, 2020

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

Still not out of sight, if Scotland refrain from Scotlanding they could get the draw!

Glad to see Cooney doing alright here

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

Yeah Ryan made a mess of that there. Scotland should be proud, I've very little hope of Wales having the same terrible luck week in Dublin.

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

Lol surely they kick some points here

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

Feel like Wales could pull away in the second half if Ireland don't play smarter. They're coming off second best in a lot of collisions which doesn't bode well but let's see!

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

Oof, make a call on that one

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

I think I'd enjoy this game more if they occasionally zoomed out so we could see the flight of the ball ffs

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

7 lineouts lost by scotland? :stare:

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

Oh my god Hogg

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

Vaders Jester posted:

Are all of the unions just playing Dickhead Chicken to see who is the worst?

Have the 6N accepted the CVC money yet? I'm saving my bile for when they sign and the union chiefs all pat themselves on the back with a girthy bonus, leaving the rest of us to look forward to watching Grand Slam deciders on Premier Sports or Amazon Prime or Disney plus or wherever else CVC tell them to sell the broadcast rights to.

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

Is the captaincy getting to Sexton? England look strong here but theres still a lot to play for.

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

oh no computer posted:

Lol I compleley missed Marler fondling AWJ's plums

Gareth Thomas with the zinger about this at half time was great too.

Interested to see how Webb goes here, always rated him before the france move.

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

I'm just glad Wales beat the handicap with their last two tries, but gently caress me that game wasnt close. Similar to ireland in that the scoreline flattered them and didn't show how dominant england were, but I'm still not ready to crown this england team considering what France did to them.

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

It's an emotive subject but the existence of an advantage for people who went through male puberty in terms of muscle and bone density that persists even after HRT is a solid enough reason to make this decision. It's terrible for the women who won't be able to play, but if a demonstrable advantage is shown to exist across this population then it is hard to argue it away.

Lomu was a physical freak, but he was one person. If studies showed, as an example, Pacific Islanders were 30% more likely across the board to injure non-PI players (lol ask anyone who played Tonga in the 90s) then we probably would be having a similar conversation on safety grounds.

It's definitely something they should be researching and assessing moving forward, this ruling should only apply as long as the research supports it.

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

I wish I was more literate when it comes to the science, but in contact sport is the difference in muscle and bone density not the main factor? Is that not what they decided on?

I hate that its excluding women from playing the sport but is the research as flawed as some people are saying it is, or is there a real issue at the heart of it?

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

tarbrush posted:

No, it'll be worse cause half the good players have left.

Baths leftovers do not look promising.

Then on the other hand Bristol signed Radrada and Exeter brought in Jonny Gray :psyduck: the rich get richer but the bottom teams have really gotten alot worse.

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

It's a very 2020 thing that Exeter no longer have the worst hair in the prem - LCD shaved his head and Hogg's hair plugs are coming in, they look almost normal. Does make sense that the NH mullets are inferior to SH mullets though.

Pro14 playoffs should be fun, hard to call anything other than a Leinster-Edinburgh final though.

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

Ulster really haven't came out of quarantine in great shape between injuries and those two performances, if Cooney gets a bit of 2019 form back it could be tight but I still see Edinburgh edging it.

Will be interesting to see the teams named for the semis, talk of Leavy being back for Leinster too which would be great to see.

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

Vaders Jester posted:

Edinburgh v Ulster match is only 5-0 at halftime but a really good game of rugby so far.

Talk about a game of two halves:stare: Edinburgh must be heartbroken, they really could've put it away but Ulster's second half performance was brilliant. Madigan lives for the big pressure kicks.

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

Super pumped for the pro14 final tomorrow, Leinster obviously favourites but Ulster could pull one out of their back pocket and win it. Coetzee is a fuckin monster and we have enough sneaky operators like Henderson and Burns to take the chances that fall to us. Huge shout putting Cooney on the bench, but it would be a hilarious cap to the the season seeing an Ulster team which is like 1/3 Leinster rejects win something.

Also, who wants an unbeaten Leinster season? Have you ever heard dubs?

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

I knew things were going to be different but :psyduck:

Anyone planning/attempting to go to games? Ulster were selling a £60 fan membership that gets you entered into a raffle that allows you to buy a ticket, season ticket holders got partial refunds for last season and were gently encouraged to use the credit on the membership instead of any new tickets - I've held off so far but I'd love to get back :(

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

Surprised at the Wasps-Bristol scoreline, Wasps have done a hell of a job turning their season around after sitting 10th at Christmas, should be a decent final too.

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

Oh no thomas francis

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

Vaders Jester posted:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/54652034

Some Barbarians players have breached their bubble, putting the England game in doubt. :downsbravo:

Just been cancelled. Always look forward to their games but not much else to be done for it when you put the whole bubble at risk ffs

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

Italy seem to have gotten their crowd noise from International Superstar Soccer on the SNES.

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

:getin: polledri

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

Wonder is Farrell regretting kicking that penalty yet. Surely they have to go for tries now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

Oh well. Wouldn't be surprised if the next two came pretty quickly.