Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LimburgLimbo
Feb 10, 2008

One day I will be happy
every day

Anyone actually coming over to watch? I was a lazy poo poo and did not actually apply for any tickets despite living in Japan and uh this being a once in a lifetime thing, but know enough people who’ve been trying to dump them that I’ve got the opening match tomorrow and a couple quarterfinal games way the duck over in Oita.

Should really probably grab some more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LimburgLimbo
Feb 10, 2008

One day I will be happy
every day

Nice I forgot I had tickets to Wales vs Tonga. Supposed to be a typhoon then so I’m wondering if I can make the train over.

I also need to find someone to go with I suppose lol

LimburgLimbo
Feb 10, 2008

One day I will be happy
every day

bessantj posted:

Is it written in crayon because Wales aren't playing Tonga, unless you now something about the knock out stages we don't?

Tonga, Georgia, same thing both end in an A

LimburgLimbo
Feb 10, 2008

One day I will be happy
every day

ElectroMagneticJosh posted:

Kick off is about 4 and a half hours away. Just in case people needed to know this information.

Not sure what the opening ceremony will be like but, hopefully, they are sticking to around 20 minutes or so. Honestly I am getting sick of the Olympics and their bloated openers and may the RWC never try to approach them.

My ticket says opening ceremony starts at 18:30 and kickoff at 19:45 Japan time; not sure how much time they’ll give players the field for warmup or if they have them warming up on a practice pitch, but being Japan I wouldn’t hope for a short ceremony.

LimburgLimbo
Feb 10, 2008

One day I will be happy
every day

Now that I’m awake again and my battery is back; holy gently caress was that bad from Japan. They should be so much better. Dumb kicks weak play. Kudos to the Russians and if Japan were to play that poo poo next I think that a few years Russia could win a match.

LimburgLimbo
Feb 10, 2008

One day I will be happy
every day

Lol at that lovely pass off the ruck

LimburgLimbo
Feb 10, 2008

One day I will be happy
every day

bessantj posted:

This will be one for the ages people, don't miss out!

Geh don’t give me that; I’ve got tickets but can’t go in the end.

LimburgLimbo
Feb 10, 2008

One day I will be happy
every day

Japan can absolutely win this

LimburgLimbo
Feb 10, 2008

One day I will be happy
every day

Japan is gonna loving win all their pool games

LimburgLimbo
Feb 10, 2008

One day I will be happy
every day

BabyFur Denny posted:

I am getting worried about Japan's chances. I realised that if they lose against Scotland and Scotland gets a BP, Japan might again miss out on the quarter finals despite winning three out of four matches. And before that they still need to win vs. Samoa this weekend which is doable but might not be that easy.

Seeing how Samoa’s doing they should walk all over them, but we’ll see

LimburgLimbo
Feb 10, 2008

One day I will be happy
every day

I think they’ll take them both down.

LimburgLimbo
Feb 10, 2008

One day I will be happy
every day

Holy gently caress this ref is garbage

LimburgLimbo
Feb 10, 2008

One day I will be happy
every day

Vagabundo posted:

So how was Labuschage meant to change his direction while in the air?

Also have serious trouble believing the 15(?) was hurt that bad from that impact

LimburgLimbo
Feb 10, 2008

One day I will be happy
every day

God I’d love to see a game at Chichibunomiya

LimburgLimbo
Feb 10, 2008

One day I will be happy
every day

Kodo posted:

There's always something that can gently caress up an event in Japan, whether it be typhoons, earthquakes, mudslides, heat waves from hell, or the occasional massive snowstorm. Japan does better than most countries when it comes to disaster prep (power plants excluded) but poo poo happens here all the time.

To he fair their handling of transport from Narita the last big typhoon a few months ago way *awful*

Their preparatory procedures and infrastructure are good but the bureaucracy is pretty inflexible so they suck rear end at effective changes on the fly.

LimburgLimbo
Feb 10, 2008

One day I will be happy
every day

They’re the wind of the gods bringing victory to Japan m8

LimburgLimbo
Feb 10, 2008

One day I will be happy
every day

LimburgLimbo posted:

Japan is gonna loving win all their pool games

LimburgLimbo
Feb 10, 2008

One day I will be happy
every day

The amount of Irish people on Facebook groups now looking to exchange QF tickets is rather hilarious. Since japan won thats almost all thats been posted

LimburgLimbo
Feb 10, 2008

One day I will be happy
every day

harperdc posted:

All the Tokyo expats thought they’d be locked in to the local quarter final eh

To be fair conventional wisdom for a lot of people would indeed put Ireland at the top of the Pool.

Unfortunately I just offloaded my tickets for both Oita games because I’m sick, then saw someone was wanting to exchange and Oita QF for Japan vs SA...

LimburgLimbo
Feb 10, 2008

One day I will be happy
every day

Honestly surprised more hasn’t happened considering the wide availability of all-you-can-drink in Japan

LimburgLimbo
Feb 10, 2008

One day I will be happy
every day

That’s just in general they’ll be pretty easy on drunks. If they actually enforced all the laws on the book with regards to a lot of things a whole lot more people would have criminal records.

One Fijian guy I play with lost his job because of a tussle at the Fiji game up in Hokkaido though. Never got charged with anything but it got reported on in the news and he worked at a school so that was that.

LimburgLimbo
Feb 10, 2008

One day I will be happy
every day

A lot of these calls from the ref are dumb as gently caress but they’re in Japan favor so I’m okay with it

LimburgLimbo
Feb 10, 2008

One day I will be happy
every day

Apollodorus posted:

There has to be a Japan/France end of year test in 2020, right? I mean after this RWC Japan is pretty clearly a Tier 1 nation and should be testing themselves against other T1 teams...

There’s already a couple of England test matches planned for July and I’ll bet some other teams will be lining things up as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LimburgLimbo
Feb 10, 2008

One day I will be happy
every day

Am I the only one that feels like Japan dealt with the SA box kicks really well. Like Matsushima caught most of them quite clean as I recall. Feels like that particular part of their strategy didn’t do much vs Japan and it was really just their size and physical power that brought them through.