Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Wait Beaver and Sumo are the commentary duo for Spark Sport? Holy poo poo I may actually not be pissed off by it for once.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

slothrop posted:

Are the ACC doing any matches?

Only at a pub in Auckland. They're not allowed near the RWC apparently.

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Smorgasbord posted:

Uh... The springbok lifters just lost control of their man, Whitelock did nothing wrong as far as I could see

Yeah that was a loving nightmare call, as was the non-yellow earlier in the match. French refs gonna French ref.

Is whoever snapped Savea's head back in that tackle in the first 15 being cited?

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

bigfoot again posted:

On the one hand, yes it is. On the other hand, NZ fans in this very thread were moaning piteously about the missed penalty try in the same game.

We're NZers. Whining is what we do. In saying that, one was a professional foul to stop a certain try, one was a careless go at a player who was in an infringing position. And compared to one on the hits on Savea, it wasn't much.

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Aramoro posted:

This is entirely incorrect, a player has no right to interfere with any other player if they feel they are not in the right place. All Kieran is doing is preventing the SA player from getting into the right place. It's interference, tackling a player of the the ball or just plain trying to take his head off. Clear yellow at least. You cannot 'protect the active play' by tackling players not involved in it. If Du Toit illegally interfered with the active play it's for the referee to judge, not some rando just clothes lining him.

Oh yeah. I'll clarify my whinge with saying that Kieran was definitely in the wrong. Totally did deserve a yellow.

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

That wasn't so much a tackle as it was a shoulder straight into him.

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Smorgasbord posted:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought Farrell had knocked it on and was basically waiting for the whistle after regathering which makes it even more of a dog shot.

Oh I was talking about a Tongan dive for the corner.

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

gently caress yes go Japan!

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Holy poo poo!!!

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

ronpaulitshappening.gif

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Yeeeeees yeeeeees yeeeeees

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

harperdc posted:

Chills here seeing the Fanzone go nuts after the Japan win

https://twitter.com/tokyo_rugby2019/status/1178112446969634816

This also became a topic of conversation in the local Japan thread, so fairly unsurprising to see the newspapers wake up after the stunner in Shizuoka

https://twitter.com/dominicrumbles/status/1178110740739186688

Why can't every country's fans be so joyous and respectful? It's pretty hard to not root for both the team and the fans for being kick rear end.

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Is that my stream loving up or is everyone else on Spark seeing this replay over and over while the commentary continues in the background?

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

That wasn't really late was it? Dude was falling forward?

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

poo poo good work on turning that into a maul.

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

stavros880 posted:

What exactly was it for? The TMO described it as a shoulder charge I think, but then the ref seemed to be chatting about a late tackle (which seemed to harsh)

Both the ref and TMO said it was not high and arms were in the tackle so the penalty was entirely for being late.

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Not exactly textbook but it saved the try.

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

That looks nasty - but his face shouldn't be there. If he tackles incorrectly it's hardly the attacking player's fault.

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Oh what the gently caress???!? Learn to loving tackle. gently caress off.

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

"That is terrible tackle technique". Too right, Hooper.

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Lot of late tackles in that play then....

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Oh gently caress right off. This is loving atrocious.

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Oh thank Christ. I thought they were pulling up the Australian for fending again.
(E: still a bullshit call, just not as bullshit as I initially thought)

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Spark should've sent the entire ACC team.

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Slumfrog posted:

That loving moustache.

Yeah he's insufferable.

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Slumfrog posted:

That rip was sensational

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

victorious posted:

Yeah, but call me unpatriotic because I'm not planning on watching the whole thing... at least the next two games are on at more reasonable times.

Yeah that's my plan too. Sad as it is - this is going to be a murder and don't see the point in being shattered tomorrow for that.

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Wait, what? He got that down?

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Also don't do that poo poo. That just looks bad for the game as a whole if you keep packing down a scrum and then muscle over the minnows from 10 out.

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Barrett could've eaten a card for that...

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Why does the brown beaker have lab glasses on?

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Oh that is really unpleasant. :(

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

gently caress yes!

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Vagabundo posted:

This Wallabies performance is just really, really poo poo. Undisciplined and completely lacking is any sort of attacking nous.

The only reason they've scored is due to that kid with the speed. He is legit Good with a capital G.

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

What the actual gently caress??? gently caress off.

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

"Australian indigenous people within Australia".

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

EAT THE EGGS SMASHMOUTH

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Yeah that is 100% a red.

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

That could be red too?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Rabbi T. White