Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

Welcome to fucking Scotland.

Watching this game mostly for whatever wild decision Poite is going to make at any given moment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

Holy poo poo, a ref finally pinged Maro for that.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

goatface posted:

Some "adventurous" clearing out of rucks is going on.

Hearing someone yell something like "OH gently caress!" summed it up.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

Too busy thinking of how he can write another column on how rugby is boring.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

If it did connect it wouldn't be the first clear incident of foul play he missed that game so at least he's consistently shite.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

Vagabundo posted:

The Biggar one led to points, right? Him fobbing off Jones and refusing to even consider going upstairs while basically the rest of the refereeing team is screaming at him about it is pretty loving egregious as well.

Ricky Stuart was right when he had a big rant about the standard of reffing in the NRL a few years ago. Have those shits explain themselves in the post-match press conference.

Yeah, few phases later was a try. I'm all for speeding up the game but the TMO is there for a reason and just waving him off entirely is bad practice.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

What a try by Georgia!

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

I can't see them beating Ireland but it's good to see them doing something with ball in hand after the last few games.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

goatface posted:

Still can't decide if I like this Ireland kit.

e - I like the high contrast highlights, but the main design on the front is bad. I'd prefer the numbers to be in the green as well.

There does seem to be a bit of poo poo camo print getting onto kits recently. The rest of the look is decent though.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

It's not the only thing but the Georgian line out is killing any momentum for them.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

Yeah, that last pass looked more forward.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

"The Georgian player is about 80% traps!"

Top commentary

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

2020 giveth and 2020 taketh away.

gently caress those guys if those racist tweets are true though.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

Mister Chief posted:

Iím sure no one in this thread posted anything racist on the internet when they were a teenager.

Don't know about you, but I managed to avoid saying I wanted to run over black people with my car when I was 18. I've said, and continue to say dumb poo poo all the time but never to that extent.

Even if some did there's a bit of a difference between being an ignorant dumbass that doesn't know something is a racist phrase or whatever, and throwing out the equivalent of the N word.

Vaders Jester fucked around with this message at 15:01 on Dec 1, 2020

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

sleep with the vicious posted:

Well the UAR has already backed down and removed the suspensions for Matera and co

Apparently the players were protesting, didn't practice yesterday or today, and were considering boycotting the game. Or at least enough of them were that Argentina rugby had to back down.

What a poo poo show.

loving cowards.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

Just watched Chasing the Sun. That's a hell of an emotional rollercoaster, especially in episode 5. Top documentary and well worth a watch if you can. That and Oceans Apart have been excellent this year.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

drunk leprechaun posted:

I need to figure out. How to watch Chasing the Sun in the US. Haven't found any good source yet alas.

A guy posted up some on this forum that were really good.

https://www.therugbyforum.com/threa...umentary.47322/

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

Good game so far, don't envy the players though, it's freezing here as well as pissing it down.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

McInally out for the Scotland game as he's headed home for the birth of his first child, George Turner comes in on the bench as a replacement.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

Far too many penalties and mistakes. Scotland going full Scotland as ever against a pretty middling Irish side. Jaco looked good in his debut and was playing really well in the first half but poor discipline let Ireland get confidence and momentum too often.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

That's a soft try to give away, good of Italy to see the space though.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

It's a small comfort that at least it's not just Scotland playing like poo poo for a change.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

Isn't LRZ meant to be really fast? Got absolutely done by a forward.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

Nice support running there.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

Not sure how you can give that, there's absolutely nothing there to show it was ever grounded.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

Italy falling off the game after 60 minutes. If they could put together 80 minutes they'd be a serious side.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

No one seems to have told this French side they're meant to lose this game.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

Farrell must be concussed or something, his kicking is awful.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

Flats is having an existential crisis at this scrum.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

Cruelly denied the comedy of props taking kicks.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

Tyma posted:

Amazon commentary just correctly observed that England likely will be the champions of the Autumn Nations Cup for all of eternity.

Well they gave Vunipola POTM despite being bang average all game so might as well crown England ANC champs forever just to make sure everyone knows they have one eye.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

sleep with the vicious posted:

Haha I missed it live and had multiple people tell me to watch the game...that is not at all what I expected!

If France can develop some of these guys and keep their young core group on the A team, they can be a real powerhouse in a year or two.

Yeah, the old quote about what French side will show up is getting more and more ominous. Will they send out the excellent established side or will they send out their 2x U20 World Championship side?

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

Plucky Brit posted:

For a minute I thought you were referring to this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TAfepsoVPtQ

I know Munster fans that are still psychologically scarred from that moment.

goatface posted:

Eddie is such a whingy baby.

What's he done now?

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

Ah, typical Eddie making a scene for the press so everyone stops paying attention to the performance and pays attention to him. What a twat.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

I think Sergio deserves his spot. When Steve Hansen is saying he's one of the best 8s in the world, especially playing for that Italy side, it's hard to argue against his inclusion. If he'd played for any other country he'd be far higher rated than he is. Falatau is outstanding but he was also in one of the best Welsh sides of all time with one of the best coaches at the time which is a big help.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/55201237

8 former international players and another 70 players aged between 25 and 55 are suing WR, the RFU, and the WRU for negligence surrounding concussions.

E: After the NFL case, it really was only a matter of time before this happened and it's important to highlight just how poo poo rugby has been at looking after players, especially once they retire.

Vaders Jester fucked around with this message at 15:42 on Dec 8, 2020

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

This interview between John Beattie and John Shaw was horrifying. To see the effects of concussions in the middle of on interview was frightening and should be a warning to everyone that doesn't take it seriously.

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=1144894692201414

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

I don't think there is anything to do to take it out the game completely, rugby just has to make things as safe as possible. Lowering tackle height, immediate medical intervention, training neurologists on hand to diagnose people and not the team drs. If players are protected as much as humanly possible and given the correct support and care during and after their careers then it comes down to risk management and players able to make informed choices about the dangers of the sport instead of what happened to the players in the 90s and 00s who are suing.

I suppose the law suit comes down to the players not being made aware of the serious dangers and not given the care they needed rather than the fact that concussions happen in the sport at all but it's a very tricky thing to untangle.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

Yeah, not beasting forwards and making them do 100 scrums in a row because coaches want to get something right would be a good start. I know the NFL has rules around how much contact training players can have in the Pre-Season so maybe something like that? It's a hell of a thing to try to get right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

Skarsnik posted:

I wonder if there is much difference between league and union with the amount of damage done

Some of the tackles in league that a lot of people seem to think are fine are totally wild, and I enjoy watching league but the head care seems to be a bit behind union from what I've seen.