Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010
I think England's subs are going to turn the tide here... Scotland has let it stay too close

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010
Oh Jonny may! Wow. I'm only now starting to believe Scotland can win haha

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010

MyChemicalImbalance posted:

Oof, how scotland can this last minute get?

What in the gently caress was that drop kick decision, jesus

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010
Well done to Scotland. What a strange team, can beat England in England but can lose to Samoa/Japan/USA. Redpath and van der Merwe are really good additions to the team.

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010
Feel the cross kick wasn't quite on there

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010

Welp that's embarassing

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010

MyChemicalImbalance posted:

LRZ's pretty great, isn't he?

He has a great skill set. That kick was weighted perfectly and he has great speed

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010

tarbrush posted:

Omg that was so close

Yeah I was gonna call it a scotland-ing but I think that was just a combination of a gutsy performance by Wales, good finishing by LRZ, and then scotland without an top end center like Redpath looks to be

Edit: well except for the red card, that was bad

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010
My main takeaway from this so far is that Gibson-park is not an international class scrum half

And that was a brilliant finish for the second french try. Really impressed with France, everyone is saying it because it's true - they should be the new international powerhouse

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010
I stopped watching Italy games after last round. Looking at that score I'm glad I did

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010
This announcing is killing me...just dreadful commentary on top of an interesting game

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010
Really impressive phases from Ireland to put the second try together. England not looking good today, nowhere near where they were last week

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010
Yeah you can make the size argument for Billy vs Sam Simmonds , but he hasn't been effective or dominant because of his size for well over a year now, so it's time to change the plan or find someone with his size.

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010

tarbrush posted:

Sucks, but thems the rules.

Yeah it feels harsh compared to some of the really vicious ones we have seen lately, but it's a clear shoulder contact to the head and that's always a red these days

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010

goatface posted:

Has Farrell failed his HIA?

Yeah they just said Billy and Farrell aren't coming back on

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010
England with the reverse triple crown, losses to Scotland,Wales,and Ireland

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010
This is loving crazy

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010
I like luke Pearce but he has lost control of this game

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010

CyberPingu posted:

Why? Because he's sending people to the bin for fouls deserving of them?

Not considering going back for the chat try

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010
Absolutely remarkable finish. That is French rugby

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010
Just imagine being a professional athlete and being dumb enough to not kick out the ball in the 81sr minute. Jesus Dulin what were you doing

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010

Vaders Jester posted:

So, who's looking forward to Danny "hasn't played test rugby in two years" Care getting a wee holiday with the Lions? Or the barely mobile husk that is Manu Tuilagi? Lions selections are always the weirdest things.

If manu is "healthy" he will definitely go. Any significant leaks yet? I cannot picture anything really crazy in the picks, maybe an uproar over Finn Russell but I bet he goes and then doesn't make the test team

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010
Well rumor is that Elliot Daly and Sam Simmonds are in, which makes my "no surprises" comment pretty wrong

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010

bessantj posted:

Can an Aussie team actually get a win in round 3 of the trans-Tasman?

No

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010
I wonder if he has a coke problem. He doesn't look that out of it during the video but this is the kind of bizarre behaviour I'd expect from an already edgy guy like rassie if he had tripled his use or something.

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010
Wallabies beat the boks back to back. Makes Gatland and the lion's negative and cynical game plan in the summer look even worse in my opinion

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010

bessantj posted:

England all over the boks at the moment.

Except manu is off already now. That's always a game changer when he gets hurt

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010
And right as I post that, England scores again. Whatever they are doing it's working

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010
So many terrible penalties in this game. Herschel jantjies penalty (the original before all the pushing and shoving) for going off his feet was so stupid...sometimes you wonder how these are pro athletes with that judgment.

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010
South Africa's fall this year from heroic turnaround good guys with a lovable captain and coach , to whining petulant negative anti-rugby sure has been something to see

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010
Why does every team just want to murder Wales players with shots to the head

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010

goatface posted:

The laziest tackling technique since the guy sent himself sparko yesterday.

When are these players, being paid tens of thousands for this specific game, going to learn that you can't make direct contact to the head

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010

Madkal posted:

As a boks fan i got to say well done to Wales. They were great in defense. Neither team was actually....good, but still good job to Wales

Yeah I have to say it was really poor and non-inspired rugby by SA, they'd reserved to lose for never really trying to win. Haven't watched the other games yet but that's quite the narrative change from the SH sweep last week. Hard to judge the real state of these teams.

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010

Ratios and Tendency posted:

They're loving up every single play lmao

Seriously wtf. I have no idea what the all blacks are trying to do out there

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010

drunk leprechaun posted:

So where to the Premiership go from here? I'm a clueless American, so I don't really get how any of the professional leagues are funded. Is there a model beyond hoping that rich fan boys just decided to fund teams as vanity projects?

That basically is the model, whether they recognize it or not is a question. The debate around English rugby structures (and international rugby) seems confused between a sporting debate about promotion/relegation and commercial success. For example the main proposal floated in the media after 2 of the 13 clubs went bankrupt in season is to move to a 10 team first tier and 10 team second tier. Which maybe makes sense from a sporting competition perspective, maybe not, but sure maybe the 11/12/13 best premier teams are better off competing with the 15/16/17 teams. But from a commercial perspective, it's an attendance gate driven league with attendances lower year on year, and they have all the games starting at the same time so only televise 1 game on Saturday/Sunday in an attempt to drive viewers to watch live, but as north american sports figured out 15 years ago with the NHL/CFL/etc local blackouts that doesn't work and only harms your tv revenue potential. And how would a two tier 10 per league set up improve the commercial execution and revenue capture of tv rights or increase attendance, and the answer is it wouldn't.

Then there is the situation with the national body that runs the international team funding international players but the games overlap, and tons of power struggles there, but that is happening in pretty much every rugby playing country.

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010
Fiji just taking too many penalties and unable to control defensive scrums. Too bad because they were in this game

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010

goatface posted:

Wales losing this will be funny.

Lol

Two bad teams

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010
Eddie Jones and Quade cooper to win the 2023 rwc

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010
Great tries in this game so far

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010

goatface posted:

The big man's gotta bend.

Yeah if that tackle was 4 inches lower it would have been perfect. Yellow is probably fair