Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mrenda
Mar 14, 2012

That's a red.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mrenda
Mar 14, 2012

This world cup has had Scotland Scotlanding, France Francing, will it continue to have Japan Japaning?

Edit: I guess it's had Peypar Peyapering as well.

Mrenda
Mar 14, 2012

That was a yellow all day long. He landed on his arm, not his head or neck (through his own self-preservation, to some degree.) There's no directives given to the refs about tip tackles like head hits so the ref was right for me. Barnes did well.

Mrenda
Mar 14, 2012

And that should be a Saffa penalty, maybe even a yellow to the Japanese player. He was in no position to catch that.

Mrenda
Mar 14, 2012

The boks lose a scrum against the head. loving wow!

Mrenda
Mar 14, 2012

If all Japan's forward passes were called up they'd be looking a little less impressive.

Mrenda
Mar 14, 2012

Rassie's 6/2 bench split might be the smartest coach call of the world cup.

Mrenda
Mar 14, 2012

Painkiller posted:

IMO, the rules should be: "Did your knees or shoulders touch the ground during a tackle attempt? Tackle complete, release the ball." This held/not held stuff is too subjective.

Even then he took a few steps on his knees. Without even getting into tackles, or held/not held, that's advancing on the ground which you can't do.

Mrenda
Mar 14, 2012

Barnes has hosed calls on two tackles in the air now.

Mrenda
Mar 14, 2012

Japan looking tired now, physically and mentally.

Mrenda
Mar 14, 2012

Japanese support running has become non-existent. They ran themselves dead.

Mrenda
Mar 14, 2012

Ratios and Tendency posted:

Defend extremely strongly and well isn't something you can just turn on because you know about it.

Which is why South Africa did so well getting Rassie, and thus Nienaber out of Munster. I was gutted as a Munster fan but it was inevitable.

Mrenda
Mar 14, 2012

Mister Chief posted:

South Africa should pump Wales.

And they can beat England, while New Zealand need to turn it on against them. Then Wales are shaping up to be the toe you smashed off the table leg in the semis but you never know what voodoo Gatland can put in the player's heads (or what he's sold both his soul and charm to the devil for.)

Mrenda
Mar 14, 2012

The first proper break from NZL with support runners and they go two thirds of the pitch.

Mrenda
Mar 14, 2012

My commentators are talking about this being a classic, but I definitely saw both teams spill out of their clown cars rather than team buses.

Mrenda
Mar 14, 2012

New Zealand are trying to superstar their way out of this. You're not playing Ireland in their typical quarter final here.

Mrenda
Mar 14, 2012

bessantj posted:

The Irish love that song. It is good tbf.

It's not since I was at school's match that I heard the first verse sung, which sets the whole song in perspective.

Mrenda
Mar 14, 2012

Is it still a kicking competition if it's tied after extra time?

Mrenda
Mar 14, 2012

Going back to the haka chat, my two favourite hakas (or at least responses/haka moments) both involve Irish teams. The first is the Munster v Maoris game when the munster kiwi players (including Doug Howlett) did their a haka before the kiwis did theirs, to intense noise, then the crowd went silent for the NZL haka. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13fGHSqHTwA (Munster won that game.)

The other is a more touching moment, in the New Zealand Ireland game in Chicago. With Anthony Foley dying a few days before hand, and the Irish team forming an eight (Foley played eight) in front of the haka.

Mrenda
Mar 14, 2012

Mister Chief posted:

That was against the All Blacks themselves and Munster lost towards the end.

Ah, yeah. I should have remembered that. I had family at the game (and was insanely jealous.) It was the Maoris and Australia we beat.

Mrenda
Mar 14, 2012

Taking the points in the third place playoff. Shameful behaviour or respecting Wales?

Edit: A shameful miss.

Mrenda
Mar 14, 2012

They'll need a lot more tries like that if they'll be wanting their honour restored.

Mrenda
Mar 14, 2012

Kitchner posted:

The best rugby games always involve seeing a bum.

Donnacha O'Callaghan wanting to play in his red underpants. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xC4K47UfO5g

Mrenda
Mar 14, 2012

That was the sneakiest milking of a penalty by forming the maul I've seen in a long time.

Mrenda
Mar 14, 2012

Nice interview with Kolisi.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mrenda
Mar 14, 2012

Munster have gone backwards now JVG has full control. Before they were always there or thereabouts, but never reaching the quality of the top French teams, Saracens or Leinster. Since JVG had his own team in place they've looked worse as things have gone on. Things are not good.