Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

So just in case you're unsure who is going to win I've use some 'advanced' AI to predict the results of the matches for us

Japan vs Russia

quote:

The Winner Is...
The Team Who Won
I would be lying if I said that I wasn't impressed by the quality of the matches. I had all my eyes trained on the big boys, but they were all exciting matches with plenty to be excited about.
We've all been there, though, aren't we? You've finished a match and you realize that it was the worst, and you know that you can never recover from that, but now it's time to get out of here. That's a tough thing to do against a strong team like Japan; the best is to just leave on the court and see whether it's possible to take their place in the tournament. That doesn't work for most teams. The winner of that last encounter was the U.S.
The Last Time We Met
Russia were playing the U.S. when we last played them, in 2010, and despite being two years removed from their recent run of success, they were still the defending World Team champions. They won in a close win, but we never really felt the sting

Erm ok, a bit non-committal that, taking that as a Japanese narrow win.

Australia vs Fiji

quote:

The Winner Is: Fiji
A victory over South Africa would do wonders for the reputation of Canada's rugby league; the players would feel more confident and the match would be entertaining. However Canada's only advantage would be the fact that it would come against a quality French squad. While it may look as though France are an underdog, I would argue that this is merely because France doesn't play great rugby league. As I stated before, France is simply a strong squad who has been given the task of picking up where Wales left off when they swept Australia in the series in 2007. All I would like to see is Canada and France go toe-to-toe and the winner will be guaranteed a spot in the knockout stages.
Canada have made a lot of changes to their squad in the off season but the real test is where they will be playing the rest of the season. If they do have a good couple of weeks of games under their belt, it will likely come down to who can win their series against the New Zealand Warriors and the South Africa Sharks in South Africa. Canada are one of

Went off on a bit of a tangent there but at least it picked a winner first.

France vs Argentina

quote:

The Winner Is: Argentina
I guess if it was a match you were looking forward to you should go ahead and see this one. I love the combination of the beautiful game, Argentina's style, Argentina's style, and the beautiful game. It's a very easy and fun watch.

New Zealand vs South Africa

quote:

The Winner Is: The New Zealanders. This is a match between two of the best teams in the world. New Zealand have won the World Cup and many other prestigious international competitions. If they can get past their South Africans they just might get a sniff of the title they all crave.
South Africa is known for the high quality of their attacking play. Their back four's are strong and highly talented and often combined to create some of the most dangerous attacking options in the world. New Zealand have a very young and fast attacking quartet but as players they must be coached to work together. With a young and hungry squad New Zealand will have the strength to break their way and win this match.
Match Prediction
New Zealand 2 - 0 South Africa

Not sure about it's scoreline prediction there.

There you go. All the results you need for tomorrow and Saturday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

CyberPingu posted:

Cool spoilers bro, not all of us have time machines.

It's currently obsessed with the USA winning every game, especially games they're not involved in.

I'm going to say now that if my beloved Canada win more than 1 match I will ditch Grieg for Tyler as my avatar.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Tyma posted:

Even I'm qualified to play for Scotland.

I'm qualified to play for Scotland, England, Wales and Ireland by grandparents.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Russia have come to play.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Japan just need to no over play it, they're kicking through when they have an overlap

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

The Russian front row are absolute units.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Madkal posted:

Australia took a quick throw in from pretty much their own try line and buggered it up. That should tell you something.
I don't think Fiji are going to maintain this tempo though.

One of the commentators said it at half time, Australia are getting pulled into playing Fijis game.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Jedimastafez posted:

I guess I’d classify myself as a casual Rugby fan but gently caress I hate line drive tries zzzzzzzzzz

Unfortunately set peices is easy mode against Fiji

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Hugets 'kick pass' to Medard was very French

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Penaud is a quality player.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

The scrum reffing seems a bit weird so far. Argentina are getting an early shove on pretty regularly.

Aramoro fucked around with this message at 08:54 on Sep 21, 2019

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Vaders Jester posted:

Just watching Jaguares getting pumped by super rugby sides certainly makes video analysis on Argentina much easier.

Jaguares were really good this year, its just they're a good Super rugby side which is not the same as a good test side.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

I'd say that's 4 good games of the world Cup so far.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Slumfrog posted:

What's this "home nations" business? Said as one of the whitest people on earth.

It's the best nations plus England.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Laid low by the potato man.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Ah 16 points is nothing for when Townsend tasers everyones balls at half time. Or whatever it is he does.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Jedimastafez posted:

BREAKING

Wayne Barnes has called a forward pass

This is not a drill

Don’t worry he still has no idea how scrums work.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Ireland were just very good, shut down anything Scotland tried. I think Scotland improved as the game went on but just not accurate enough.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

bessantj posted:

I'm hoping the Tongan 21 gets on so the commentators have to say his name.

Easy, it's Fukofuka.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Tonga are exposing England a bit here.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Tonga are just showing slight inexperience, they're turning Genge inside out in the scrum, there are penalties there for them.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Like that.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

tarbrush posted:

Yeah. It's entirely preventable handling errors.

I think the big concern for them will be the penalties they were giving away at the breakdown.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

I know he's got some issues but JJ should be playing more.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

bessantj posted:

Thought England were fine to be honest, they didn't really get out of third gear and won at a canter with a BP.

They need to reduce the handling and the penalties. Those are things which are not really related to the opposition. If they play that way against top tier opposition they'll get punished for it. This is more specific but I think England have an issue they don't have 2 top tier front rows, especially in the scrum, that could be an issue in a close game after 60 mins.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

That's a yellow.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

bessantj posted:

Big but right call for the yellow card.

Russia are not doing too badly. I think fitness will tell second half because they've already played a game but the Yellow should give them an opportunity to go into half time int he lead.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

bessantj posted:

They may have a bigger opportunity here. These Samoans are nuts.

Did Artemyev gently caress their collective mothers or something?

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

bessantj posted:

He looks alright though, must have been fed vodka at birth.

I mean he shrugged off the first one and the tackler knocked himself out on the second one. Maybe that's Russia's tactic, wait for Samoa to break themselves on the rock that is Artemyev's skull.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

butros posted:

How can you give a yellow for not wrapping when the reason for not wrapping is the tackler unintentionally rendered himself unconscious.

The wrapping should have occurred, or at least attempted, before unconsciousness. They should just add that to the guidelines.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Russia might have the worst handling of any team I've ever seen.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

First upset of the World Cup right there!

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Reece Hodge just copped a 3 week ban for his tackle on Yato

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Time for everyone to get hype about the first really important game of the World Cup so far, Italy vs Canada!

The Mighty Canucks are coming out with a full strength team just not in the positions you might imagine. With Flyhalf Parfrey playing Fullback and....Peter Nelson who played Fullback for Ulster playing at Flyhalf. They're also playing Gordon McRorie at Scrum half, who it entirely amateur which is an interesting choice as well. I'm sure it'll all be fine.

1. Buydens
2. Howard
3. Tierney
4. Keys
5. Larsen
6. Sheppard
7. Rumball
8. Ardron (c)
9. McRorie

10. Nelson
11. Van Der Merwe
12. Blevins
13. Lesage
14. Hassler
15. Parfrey

If Van Der Merwe scores then he will join Jonah Lomu as the only player to score in 5 consecutive matches.

Italy are ringing the changes a resting a lot of key players, letting Budd be the captain for this one.

1. Andrea Lovotti
2. Luca Bigi
3. Simone Ferrari
4. David Sisi
5. Dean Budd (capt.)
6. Sebastian Negri
7. Jake Polledri
8. Braam Steyn
9. Callum Braley

10. Tommaso Allan
11. Giulio Bisegni
12. Jayden Hayward
13. Michele Campagnaro
14. Tommaso Benvenuti
15. Matteo Minozzi

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Tyma posted:

The SA player isn't allowed to enter the channel like that, and so he isn't "in play". Kieran's entitled push or roll or stop the "dead player" from interfering with play, just as he would if the player was leaving a ruck, and then trying to re-enter from a blatantly offside position.

I think the fact that the player isn't "in play" gives Kieran a lot more license to protect the active play. He isn't allowed to hurt the guy, but the guy absolutely isn't meant to be there, and the burden isn't on Kieran to protect someone who he has to unexpectedly stop interfering with the play.

This is entirely incorrect, a player has no right to interfere with any other player if they feel they are not in the right place. All Kieran is doing is preventing the SA player from getting into the right place. It's interference, tackling a player of the the ball or just plain trying to take his head off. Clear yellow at least. You cannot 'protect the active play' by tackling players not involved in it. If Du Toit illegally interfered with the active play it's for the referee to judge, not some rando just clothes lining him.

Aramoro fucked around with this message at 09:14 on Sep 26, 2019

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

I take it back, Russia have silky hands compared to Canada.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Ardron was fortunate there, promising from Canada but just absolutely no finishing at all. Maybe they can work out how to score at half time.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Canada gave it a shot but Italy put them to the sword in the end, presumeably they didn't play Parisse so not to taint his losing record.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

The USA are delivering FREEDOM, Freedom for the scorers changing their score to anything else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

bessantj posted:

Easy a red as you'll ever see.

Take the Scrum on the England line? Nah I''ll go for a sit down instead.